Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: haha what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Except even when i'm trying to understand his post, i really can't. Aside from "My account got disabled", i'm not sure what point he's trying to make. Some posts that might have bad grammer and spelling, i can understand, but this one completely evades me.

From what other people are saying, it's something about ret paladins.

I'll say this. Read it all before you assume you know what i'm going to say, and realise that i play a Paladin too. You've had nerfs. Hotfixed nerfs. Patched nerfs. However, this leads me to one conclusion. Based on both what they've said, and the systematic nerfing of Retribution Paladins, i feel they're in the process of unravelling some VERY sweeping changes to the spec. Things will change. Some things will be nerfed, other's will be buffed. However, they will change the way the spec works, and how it deals damage.

It might look bleak now, but look at how we were in the final patch of TBC, 2.4.3. Then look how much they buffed us in 3.0. While things won't be quite that big, the changes they'll be making will be quite noticable, and should make it much more interactive and fun to play, while still being competitive in all areas of the game.

TL;DR: Well, read it and you'll see what i was trying to say.
    I like what you done said there boyah. Dat rawt derr was some good reedin's.

However, the changes you speak of that Blizzard promised us are going to be a LOT less than what we expected. It'll be something lame like "RV ticks have a 5% chance to make your next Divine Storm an automatic crit. There, all done, Pallies are more interesting to play." And regardless if the changes are even worth making, we won't see them for a while.

Ret wont get changed in 3.2. They've been silent about it since they announced it because they're not working on it. They're going to nerf us a few more times so that we're lousy in ALL brackets, not just the high ones, and then leave us hanging until 3.3 when they'll try to fix it.

My main was a ret paladin, and I stopped playing him. Why? Beacause ret have no strategy in how to attack. HoJ the target and then hit your buttons like a maniac, until either one of you is dead, while keeping HoF up at the right times.

What ret needs is not a buff or a nerf, it is a change. Something that connects the abilities to each other. Priest, for example, has http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42415, which means that Mind Flay and SW:P do optimal damage only when used successively. Paladin has nothing like that.

Retribution paladins are awesome in pvp...as long as they're only fighting melee. You pit them against ranged? Most ranged can kite the shit out of them. Note how the longest range move they have is the 1 min cooldown repentance at 20 yards. If you can move and pew at them without letting them get within 20 yards (I'm looking at YOU, huntards, lolkins, locks specced into CoEx, frost mages)

Huntards: Concussive, smack on aspect of the cheetah and kite him. As soon as he pops freedom, you just outrun him, as you're faster than him, until freedom falls off, and then you can concussive him again and literally just pew him until he can freedom again. You win. Really, was that so hard?

Priests can do some manaburny thing on the retridin. How's your burst when you can't even use it?

Lolkins can root and shiet. (and when he starts getting close, cat, dash, and gtfo away)

Frostmages just lol around, ice lance him once in a while, and laugh as he struggles to get close.

Ele shamans... well, too bad for you that frost shock has the same range as repentance... you really need some work in pvp.

Locks: make circle, CoEx the poor retridin. That'll force his freedom... now you need to be skilled and do whatever you can to keep him out of your range. Fear works wonders. Obviously it can't be spammed any more, but at least you can waste the time on his freedom. Dot him a bit too, just to take away his mana (He'll often like cleansing them) If you somehow manage to keep him off you, you can also mana drain him a bit. retridins don't have that much mana, and for them, going without that mana = no burst or utility. Their main regen...is in melee.

Rogues, warriors, other melee guys, you're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnglishLanguage
    Stop whining you dick, today I logged on, did some arena, want to know what happend next?

Yeah thats right, this fucking Retribution Paladin comes up to me and he goes like "Hey! Hammer of Justice!", so I think, yeah okay, I won't die, right?

Anyways, he pops two attacks, thats right. Two attacks!

Next thing I know I'm dead.

Seriously what the fuck?
    If thats right u must have 11k hp, 0 res, or he must be imba geared and u pve gear. Outerwise SS or that neverhappend. No retpaladin 2 shots a guy in average pvp gear (500 res).

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    If thats right u must have 11k hp, 0 res, or he must be imba geared and u pve gear. Outerwise SS or that neverhappend. No retpaladin 2 shots a guy in average pvp gear (500 res).
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    In before someone makes a account named "The English language" and complains how a ret pally one shotted him :P
    look t the name smarty

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    Retri's do a lot of damage.... I was on my disc priest with 715 res, 22k or so HP.
    The retri switched to me and HoJ, I trinketed (2vs1, he was on his own) and popped Pain suppression (Before he did any damage to me) when he got to me within 2 seconds he got me to 55% HP (Through pain suppression, while not stunned) anyone who says retris don't do good burst need to open their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geafax
    Ok so recently my account was disabled for some bullshit reason like blizzard normally pulls off. Anyway i havent played wow in about a month and ive been reading this new nerfs and everythign going on and wow. I play a paladin lvl 80 2.1k arena rating etc. frost mage/ ret pally combo me and him were very good.
    2.1k in teh first week(coudlnt keep playing bcuz of disabled account) and let me tell u somethign it was hard to get there. With trying to kill healers being nearly impossible at most times. being able to survive off a warrior trying to kill me, rogues and there amazing stun locks and my HoF to sum that all up.
    Basically wha tim saying is, It was hard to get to where i was and now i am seeing my class being nerfed even more. I am very confused on what blizzard is trying to accomplish. Sure you coudl say my class is OP, but you should believe that if you see a ret paladin u already knwo what you r going to do to go against him. There is only one stragety to kill a ret paladin. If Your a healer u dont give a FUCK. u just sit there and heal urself no big deal. IF your a dps you also dont even care cause ret pallys r soo easy to kite nowadays especialyl since the nerf of HoF. IN Conclusion, TY blizzard on makign my job soo much harder. i dont even know if i wanna play wow anymroe since the nerfs. Whats more to come?

[size=10pt]and YES im a nub[/size]
    And now it makes sense
    Alseria - 80 holy/disc - Stormreaver EU
    Daftknight - 80 Uh(tank)/Frost dps Stormreaver
    Aluces - 80 FF/Frost - Daggerspine EU
    Saeria - 80 Destro - Stormscale EU
    Kush - 80 Feral - Stormreaver
    Latawica - 80 Ret Stormreaver
    Thepie - 70 Sub - Daggerspine
    Kostuch - 70 Marksman Stormreaver
    Saeria - 70 prot Stormreaver
    Lolwtfomg - 70 enhance Daggerspine
    Milkywaylul - 70 feral - Maghteridon EU
    Blooddrinker - 70 demo Khadgar

And now try to tell me i have no clue about what I am saying :<

Quote Originally Posted by clampy
    Retri's do a lot of damage.... I was on my disc priest with 715 res, 22k or so HP.
    The retri switched to me and HoJ, I trinketed (2vs1, he was on his own) and popped Pain suppression (Before he did any damage to me) when he got to me within 2 seconds he got me to 55% HP (Through pain suppression, while not stunned) anyone who says retris don't do good burst need to open their eyes.
    Lie.