Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What Will Ret Get Nerfed This Week??

If any healer struggles against a ret, they fail. Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii
    If any healer struggles against a ret, they fail. Hard.
    Nah, holy paladins are pretty easy for a ret to kill imo.

If you have gear you can beat a ret

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleech
    With Exorcism, Ret Aura, Hand of Freedom, Replenishment, Eye for an Eye, Vindication, and Hammer of Wrath all being hit by the nerf bat in some way or another, what do you guys think will be nerfed this week? I know there are no mentions of nerfs or anything, but seeing as almost all have been hot fixes without any warning and seeing as we have been nerfed almost every other week, it's bound to happen.

So with that being said, what will be deemed "OP" in Ret's arsenal this week?
    Having you play ret is the biggest nerf we every had.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

I'm still crossing my fingers for a nurf to the amount of players playing this class.
    As long as its played by everyone, their mom, their mom's pet goldfish, and every other fish in the sea, Ret is gonna be whined about.. Thats the nature of FotM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Quote Originally Posted by KK
    1. Why did you link to 3's only? Is it because ret performs worse in the others, and thus overall? Yes, thats why, hence your statistics are manipulated.
    alright mr nubfacejackass.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/playe...l/all/all/all/

wait wait, hunters lowest in 2v2, and wait, hunters lower than pallies even in 5v5. you willing to shut your face now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cubitz

wait wait, hunters lowest in 2v2, and wait, hunters lower than pallies even in 5v5. you willing to shut your face now?
    The argument wasn't Hunter vs ret, compare ret to the melee counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    The argument wasn't Hunter vs ret, compare ret to the melee counterparts.
    no the subject of the post is the nerfs. i was justifying the nerfs from my pov as a hunter. and linking the sk-100 goes to prove that obviously pallies are more represented than hunters mainly because ret use to dominate hunters as much as rogues until recent nerfs.

Paladins will no longer be able to do damage while bubbled, and healing done while in bubble is reduced by 50%.
    That would be fair.

Yet last season towards the end Survival Hunters totally dominated a bracket with everything they had. Not only did they have more burst than ret, they had MS, a pet, are range, and had a high chance to proc a stun on their attack.

This thread isn't so much about the nerfs as it is the way they have happened, like I already said. We have had dozens of nerfs just since patch 3.1 and most of em were hot fixes. Meanwhile every other season other classes have double, triple, or even SIX TIMES the rep ret does and they don't receive a single nerf till a big patch hits and they are toned down.

I am sorry, that seems a little unfair to me. Unfortunately all the tools posting comments about me "QQing" fail to realize this through their nerd rage. They just hate they suck and can no longer get an easy kill off a ret playing in the best PVP gear while they sport their quest blues.

Yet last season towards the end Survival Hunters totally dominated a bracket with everything they had. Not only did they have more burst than ret, they had MS, a pet, are range, and had a high chance to proc a stun on their attack.

Before you go popping off at the mouth, perhaps you should have a clue first. Hunters were OP in the beginning of the season and before that season could finish, we were nerfed into the ground. We went from highest representation, to the lowest MID season. Paladins flourished last season, hunters have yet to FINISH a season respectably.

Quote Originally Posted by punkpinchy

Before you go popping off at the mouth, perhaps you should have a clue first. Hunters were OP in the beginning of the season and before that season could finish, we were nerfed into the ground. We went from highest representation, to the lowest MID season.HOLY Paladins paired with DEATHKNIGHTS flourished last season, hunters have yet to FINISH a season respectably.
    Fixed for you. Every clueless bottom feeder seems to think that when a listing shows a paladin doing well, spec doesn't enter into it. So they assume when it shows Paladins doing decently, they MUST be Ret and MUST be nerfed further. Do some more digging next time.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Ahhhh retlol tears... Delicious!

Can we haz some rogue tears too please for desert

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf
    Ahhhh paladin tears... Delicious!
    warlocks cant cry. theyre out of tears.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf
    Ahhhh paladin tears... Delicious!
    Algalon is trolling again

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    Fixed for you. Every clueless bottom feeder seems to think that when a listing shows a paladin doing well, spec doesn't enter into it. So they assume when it shows Paladins doing decently, they MUST be Ret and MUST be nerfed further. Do some more digging next time.
    You are correct that it was Holy Pallies and DK's that rocked S5, but at least paladins had a viable Arena spec. You can't argue that.

You are correct that it was Holy Pallies and DK's that rocked S5, but at least paladins had a viable Arena spec. You can't argue that.
    Clever PoV switch there.
    He beat you in the ret argument, so you switched to Holy.
    Clever.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Before you go popping off at the mouth, perhaps you should have a clue first. Hunters were OP in the beginning of the season and before that season could finish, we were nerfed into the ground. We went from highest representation, to the lowest MID season. Paladins flourished last season, hunters have yet to FINISH a season respectably.
    Pretty sure you were still incredibly powerful towards the middle and end as well. At least Survival was. Regardless if it was at the beginning, middle, or end though you were still really strong during a good portion of season 5. The point still stands you were incredibly powerful for part of the season, doing much better than ret has this entire season.

Ret was nerfed right from the get go this season. We had Exorcism working on other players for a WEEK before it was nerfed. The arena season didn't even start before both Exorcism and Replenishment were nerfed. How many times were hunters HOT FIXED? Oh right, not a once, it all almost came at one time.

A viable spec that requires a completely different play style and role, and a completely different set of gear. I guess if I liked playing holy and made a paladin to heal and not DPS then it woulda been a good season for me. Unfortunately I am ret so it wasn't.

Dont just read the stats at the top. Scroll down a little bit.

There's one hunter in the top 100, and one Ret in the top 100.

This is not enough data to draw an accurate conclusion, but according to that link, in 2s, Ret is only slightly more OP than Hunters, as the Ret Paladin IS rated higher.

To me, the top 100 individuals is more telling than the % representation. What I'd really like to see is that % spread across class popularity.

Shamans are terribly under-represented, but they're also the LEAST played class across the entire game. That alone compensates for the lack of numbers in Arena. Paladins are a TREMENDOUS population of the game as a whole, up there with, if not above DKs and Rogues. So if 1% of Paladins in the game are in high ratings, but 20% of Warriors in the game are in high ratings, but there are twice as many Paladins in the game as a whole than Warriors, who is really having a harder time in PvP?

I'd give up bubble if we could get the +6k hp same geared DKs have, the anti-magic shield, insta pet sac for half our hp, and many other defensive tools DKs have at their disposal. Unfortunately we don't, and without bubble we are by far the squishiest plate wearing class out there.
    You are so off the mark guy. I can own a warrior as a rogue, OWN them at 1900 rating, 1v1 a warrior is a total nuke target. I can even take warriors with my hunter, about the only class I can own with him 1v1. Even if they go prot stance, their damage falls to total crap, evasion as rogue when a warrior goes prot owns, know why? No overpower! When they go to battle stance, keep em stunned, blinded, disarmed and just all around worthless. As a rogue I can drop DK, unless blood, but ice and unholy it's around a 50/50 win ratio depending on gear. Retadins in junk gear own me. Let me say that one more time, RETADINS IN PVE BLUES OWN ME. I just try to not even fight them. My healer will go OOM trying to heal me before their healer goes OOM trying to heal the retadin. You are not squish, you have instant FoL, which in effect is like a blood retadin, your damage is mostly holy damage so resil helps but armor, not so much. You have a bubble that basically restarts the fight on the pallies terms, all negitive effects stop, heal yourself up, even damage while you're invincible, then restart the fight how you want. Honestly for 2v2s most top teams are cleave teams, that's two dps hitting one target with everything they have, and totally crushing someone. Honestly I think 2 retadins might still be OP in a 2vs match. HoJ, both pop wings and go ape, if they trinket, the other pally is their to pop HoJ. Each of you would have to use ur AoW procs on each other, but two DS will also help ease the burden of needing to mass heal. Trust me retadins are not worthless, how to play them has changed, absolutely, totally gimped, far from it.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.