Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Wow...whats so hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    mmmmm
    ret still have the most pop in 2200 and above.
    mmmmm
    is it soo hard to understnad.....
    Probably because everyone jumped on the ret bandwagon when they were insanely OP and just continued playing them after all of the nerfs....

Quote Originally Posted by Ferality
    I used to play a resto druid, then a dk, and i recently rolled a priest, got glad on my druid, and my dk... the thing that frustrates me is the people saying QQ GET BETTA GEAR! How can a undergeared player ever get gear? Rets Dks and rogues are bursting lower geared players from full to dead within 2-3 globals. This wouldnt be a problem, except for the weeks of grinding gear over and over again, it just gets frustrating that even if we know how to play our class we cant do anything. The rating requirements for gear, with 2-3 classes with little skill and more BUTTON MASHING then tekken, that can annihilate you keep you from getting the gear required to survive through those classes.
    hmhm my priest is sitting at 900resi / 20k hp, without ever stepping inside arena, so dunno what ur talking about

First off, my main was a ret pally for all of TBC, and when wotlk came around, and we got our initial nerfs, I rerolled. I didn't have confidence in them to make us better after being so bad for that long.

The problem is, since pallies were not really meant to dps in the first place when WoW first released, the combat system they made is pretty brainless. It used to be more interactive (although kind of annoying) since seals had such short duration and you had to refresh them every judge (although a macro could do that).

So, when they made seal upkeep essentially a non-issue, all that is left is spam all your attacks when they're not on cd. There's no setup to it, and hardly any substance. And since now the attacks are made to actually deal good dmg, combined with a new attack and a HoW that actually finishes ppl off often, it makes for a spec that blows away everything at low skill levels, and a class that blows away anything that doesn't have heals on it at high skill levels. And even at high skill levels, the unpredictability of ret's dmg can kill something by luck.

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=111111

That's a vid of a 2100 rated ret pally, who's 2v2 partner is a 21/0/50 unholy dk. What really upsets me about it, is that in the very first match on that vid, against priest/rogue, he 1v2s them after his partner dies. And it's not like the rogue was low right when his partner died and he killed the rogue right after, then the priest. No, the dk dies, then he just beats on the rogue for a good while, and finally the unpredictability of his high dmg kills the rogue while the priest is spam healing him. No cc chain, no special tactics, nothing but spamming attacks when they're not on cd.

He then goes on for a good while beating on the priest, and after a try at him ressing his dk, he goes and once again, he kills the priest just from mashing attacks. The priest wasn't stunned or anything, he just finally died from being beat on.

TL;DR: Ret needs less unpredictable dmg and more of an actual combat system. Which blizz is working on, but, I don't have very high hopes.

Oh please....you know damn well if you were playing ANY other class than a paladin you would be one of the people complaining about the burst that ret has. So dont act so modest when making a thread like this, if you wore cloth or leather you would bitch nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Oh please....you know damn well if you were playing ANY other class than a paladin you would be one of the people complaining about the burst that ret has. So dont act so modest when making a thread like this, if you wore cloth or leather you would bitch nuff said.
    I'm leather, and I am bitching, however, I know the other side too. I doubt too many pallies are ready for another TBC. It shouldn't have happened, and I guaruntee you that 90% of the veteran pallies won't put up with it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    You may be thinking of the "Vindication was too OP" I don't recall seeing anything like that (Since pvp is balanced mostly around mid-upper to upper rating arena)
    No,,,,

PVP is balanced around whomever puts in the most QQ posts to blizz

Low resilience low skill players put in a lot of QQ about the almighty ret blowing them up in a BG so ret get balanced around low tier arena and shit BG.

then we go into arena against a healer with resilience and we cant kill it
    yay

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoshua
    Probably because everyone jumped on the ret bandwagon when they were insanely OP and just continued playing them after all of the nerfs....
    no, mine point is ret is still the best in high rating, at least the number show it.

And if you had to play a gimped spec (and class for that matter) for over 4 years, you too would understand why it's so upsetting to see round after round of nerfs, when we only just became viable.

Surely you understand, given how hard Rogues have had it in both PvP and PvE since launch. You totally get what it must have been like to be denied a raid spot for poor DPS, or not able to get into a 5 man, as Rogues have had it rough.

Right?

Right?

Hello?

Trust me kid, the 6 months of 'suffering' you have had to endure while Blizzard figures this shit out is NOWHERE near what Paladins (and Rets especially) have had to endure while you got to play the game any way you wanted.

A little understanding on the communities part would be appreciated, but instead, all we have is a bunch of butthurt crybaby morons.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    And if you had to play a gimped spec (and class for that matter) for over 4 years, you too would understand why it's so upsetting to see round after round of nerfs, when we only just became viable.

Surely you understand, given how hard Rogues have had it in both PvP and PvE since launch. You totally get what it must have been like to be denied a raid spot for poor DPS, or not able to get into a 5 man, as Rogues have had it rough.

Right?

Right?

Hello?

Trust me kid, the 6 months of 'suffering' you have had to endure while Blizzard figures this shit out is NOWHERE near what Paladins (and Rets especially) have had to endure while you got to play the game any way you wanted.

A little understanding on the communities part would be appreciated, but instead, all we have is a bunch of butthurt crybaby morons.
    Your dumb kid

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I liked the idea of reducing spell damage by 50%.

A spinoff of MS, but would affect mages/locks/shamans etc.
    i really didnt like the idea overall though. it required it to be used during a cast. making us wait for our main damaging attack. i really hope that isnt what they implement.

Your dumb kid
    Contradict yourself much?

Right?

Right?

Hello?

Being gimped for years does not allow you to be overpowered.

the problem isn' that ret is OP, but it is very faceroll. The skill cap on a ret paladin is arguably lower then any other class right now and with the burst potential a ret pally can put out it leads to tons of ret pallies face rolling certain arena brackets and winning because of it.

Right?

Right?

Hello?

yeah, except most current pallies weren't playing them for the past 4 years, most have just rerolled WoTLK, and most current ret pallies who have played since launch played holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallak
    spriests and fire mages have disarms already.

And we know how dominant those two specs are in pvp !

/desk

Quote Originally Posted by Holyorc
    the problem isn' that ret is OP, but it is very faceroll. The skill cap on a ret paladin is arguably lower then any other class right now and with the burst potential a ret pally can put out it leads to tons of ret pallies face rolling certain arena brackets and winning because of it.

This is pretty much how I feel. You stun something, and then mash 3 buttons in succession to dish out a lot of damage, with little to no set up. Albeit, there is more complexity to ret than most people give it credit for with sacred shield, freedom, ect. I personally have nothing against ret pallies. I hope they revamp ret to make it a more complex, so that the difference between a good and bad pally is night and day.

Can't wait for the ret nerf, really! It's so annyoing when you've played a paladin for years, being a nominee for the worst class in the game, and then suddently it's the best class in pvp (that everyone seems to care so much about, even tho WoW pvp is shit), and everyone rolls a paladin. No, I'm not ret, but I'm so sick of everyone being a paladin.

I played a ret pala leveling to 70 and being 70 for a while in TBC. I noticed the problem of getting a grpspot and in PvP which was horrible.

I also noticed that i as a ret pala was usually the only ret pala in a BG. I also noticed (later when i turned holy) that the number of ret palas was basically none.

These days in a BG anything from 20-40% can be retpalas. So the big question is, where did all these experienced ret palas come from? There sure wasnt many around when they sucked, then after the superman patch they were all over the place.

I would like to know how many of you retpalas here that has other chars feels about fighting a ret pala these days? I rerolled when superman status came, i like a challenge. But when i see a pala on my decently geared arms warr or my leveling rogue i go another way.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoshua
    When I started doing pvp with my rogue this season I was wearing all Naxx 25 gear and had maybe 30 resil total. I got smashed by every pally that I came across. Now that I have worked on my pvp gear some and with only around 500 resil, I can stomp the crap out of an equally geared/skilled ret. Granted someone more skilled or more geared can still chew me up, the pvp gear does make them less of a problem. Now my question is, are all these people complaining about ret pallies now just trying to wear pve gear for arenas/bg's? If so, stop. Just stop. Get at least hateful gear, I got almost a full pvp set in a weeks worth of casual grinding so there is no excuse for anyone. Do VoA every week too. Just stop being a bad player and maybe you can live through that initial burst from a ret. If you still have problems, read forums/wiki's on good strategies for countering their abilities because most likely you are not doing something right.
    Reminds me a lot of the healers in my guild trying to PvP in full PvE gear and then they turn round and say they are dying in seconds. Yet from experience, a PvP geared healer with resilience can be a complete bitch to bring down. There are lots of options to get PvP gear, including crafted items, Wintergrasp, VoA, honor and... finally Arena. Most people would just prefer to PvP in PvE gear and then wonder why they die so fast. :/
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Off topic, but....

Xucuroz, I love that song in your sig.