Thread: BoA gear

BoA gear

So, i wanted to lvl up a drooood but i checked out the BoA stuff, i can get the shoulders the trinket but no weapons for Feral of course. I mean does Blizzard expect people to actually lvl up boomkin or resto. I am not saying it is impossible but people should be allowed to lvl up in whatever spec they want.

So i propose they change the 2h axe to a mace and had feral AP to it. All the classes that can use a 2h axe with str ( i say str because that does not a apply to hunters; they have the daggers ) can use a 2h mace.

Re: BoA gear

The BoA dagger is what I leveled my druid with, switching to regular staffs once I hit Outlands. I still hit 80 in 6 days played.

I definitely agree that the BoA weapons are better suited for some classes (Rogues, Paladins, casters) than others (Feral druids, Enhance shaman)

Adding a slow, One-hand Axe would solve most of the deficiencies.

The main issue with adding a staff useful for Feral Druids is that it'd only be otherwise useful for Hunters (Which can use two of the daggers) or Warriors (Whom have several other weapons to chose from already), and since Feral Druids are already one of the easiest classes to level with, even without BoA, I doubt they'll add a staff just for their sake.

Best bet: Get the badge BoA dagger and watch the AH for Held-In-Offhand items that have AGI, STR, Hit, AP, etc.

They aren't really trying to say you have to level in a certain specc at all. It's more of a choice. They are still developing alot of stuff, so who knows they might make more BoA's that are more suitable for feral druids. I personally think they created the BoA's for class specc's that are a bit more difficult to gear while leveling. There really aren't much in the way for spell damage gear or shoulders while playing through Vanilla, and certain weapons. I think the BoA's are meant to help out in that sort of way. Meanwhile staffs are a dime a dozen through out quests and dungeons, meanwhile spell damage maces, bows, and shoulder gear are kinda few and far between. Just my observation though, I could be wrong.

New Chest pieces coming out, and the XP bonus stacks, 20%+ XP = drool.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    /agreed

/runs to bathroom to get a towel.
    Work in Progress....

I leveled my druid with:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42947 (with +29 Spell Power)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42991
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42992
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42984

And leveled him Boomkin.  Kills things before they even get to him at level 51.

Edit: ALSO being that I'm stacked with SP due to that BoA gear, I get groups really easy because i can heal them XD
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

They should just replace the 2 hand axe with a polearm, that would cover paladins, warriors, hunters, and druids. Problem solved,
    Exciting and Dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlebums
    They should just replace the 2 hand axe with a polearm, that would cover paladins, warriors, hunters, and druids. Problem solved,
    You can have my Arcanite Reaper when you pry it from my cold dead hands! They should NEVER get rid of it, because the Arcanite Reaper is an unofficial part of wow lore (there was a point when it was considered one of THE BEST weapons in the game.)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalgearz
    I mean does Blizzard expect people to actually lvl up boomkin or resto. .
    I leveled 70-80 Boom
    "Peace is a lie"

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Or you could just level without BoA items like what everyone had to do Pre-LK

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    You can have my Arcanite Reaper when you pry it from my cold dead hands! They should NEVER get rid of it, because the Arcanite Reaper is an unofficial part of wow lore (there was a point when it was considered one of THE BEST weapons in the game.)
    So go get the real arcanite reaper at 55 then nerd. I remember the days when UBRS and LBRS were king...........frankly those days sucked. I do however miss vanilla from around the time of AQ though. My suggestion was valid and would help alot.

Oh and as far as lore goes, you can take it and shove it. Their validation on neglect of lore came when the damn gorehowl dropped in Kara.
    Exciting and Dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    It sounds like the new heirloom items will only be obtainable through doing Argent Tournament dailies over and over and over again. Seems a bit backwards to make you do boring repetitive content to be able to roll alts more efficiently. Aren't people who do the same dailies over and over and people who roll a million alts (me) completely different groups within WOW?