Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: No PvP Spriest buffs in 3.2...

Quote Originally Posted by Eminus
    wondering:

- flat damage is DEcreased on resiliance targets (cough, us, cough)
    - DoT damage is not afflicted by this change

ad 1) our biggest enemy is hudge power nukes. Voila.
    ad 2) Shadowword: pain, Dev. Plague and mindflay are considered Dots (although the last one theoraticly is a channel of course) => does more damage now (relative)

or... am I mistaken somewhere?
    Can't do that while stunned.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Not technically. All of our DoTs will hit for the same amount as before, but I remember Blizzard stating that they changed the functionality of Mind Flay from DoT to direct hits with a channel time, like Arcane Missiles, when they allowed it to crit. So, the damage on:

SW:P, VT, the DoT of Devouring Plague will stay the same

Mind Flay, Mind Blast, SW, the direct damage of DP and Shadowfiend damage will go down.

The resiliance change to reduce all damage is really nice though when combined with the passive -15% damage bonus from being in Shadowform, but we still lack any CC, escape abilities, interrupts and snares that keep people away from us.

edit:

Win.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

gravity00

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Repeate that quote for 4 secs and voilá, SP = locks BC agains rogues

Quote Originally Posted by gravity00
    Repeate that quote for 4 secs and voilá, SP = locks BC agains rogues
    And then you got an ability to escape melee. So all we have to do is wait for the next expansion and we will get a basic tool that all other ranged classes have to survive. Joy.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

gravity00

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    And then you got an ability to escape melee. So all we have to do is wait for the next expansion and we will get a basic tool that all other ranged classes have to survive. Joy.
    Yes Yes, and, we'll be viable on PvP...

ahhh

I need sleep, too much dreaming

the resil buff affects you less than others. happy?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Actually it affects us the exact same amount as everyone else. They just nerfed our damage a few months before they nerfed everyone elses.

If they halfed Paladin healing and damage by 50%, and then a few months later they nerfed all the other classes by the same amount, would you be happy about it, or would you be annoyed that you were left gimped for months before they actually implimented it for the other classes?

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=55898= Win

Just powerleveled tailoring this weekend, and I am in love with its use in PvP.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by thantos

Yeah take engineering too and you can have frost(nova) grenades! And of course the nets and grenades are useable in arena, that's why everyone goes tailoring and engineering for arena, because it offers so much more CC.

NOT.

And on the topic of MF being a dot: I remember clearly that at the start of Lich King, MF would only remove a charge of DKs bone shield at the cast, not at each tick, because at least for that MF was still considered a dot. And it could crit. Dunno if they changed that recently though.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by thantos

Those are handy in battlegrounds since you can use them while Dispersed.

It is a little depressing that we need to pick a specific profession in order to get something other classes get for free, and we are not able to use them in Arenas, but still.

Aether, where did you get the nifty TTGL pixel-art sig?

15+ Year Old Account

Aether, where did you get the nifty TTGL pixel-art sig?
    Animesuki they always have the best anime avatars and sigs

Yes, the "dispel protection" they added to VT was just silly. Dispel protection is supposed to make them think twice about dispelling your DoTs, and possibly heal through them instead of dispelling. But since ours hits for so little and has no other negative effects, they can spam cleanse and just heal the little damage they take from it.

oh jeah Shadow´s need that was wl´s have 6k dmg and a silence this where a n1 push for shadow sorry for
    my english i am from austria *gg*

First of all, you mean a 6k damage crit, not hit. Second of all, you should get some PVP gear to reduce the damage of crits, as well as the chance of being affected by them.

First of all, you mean a 6k damage crit, not hit. Second of all, you should get some PVP gear to reduce the damage of crits, as well as the chance of being affected by them.
    i have 1k resilence and i mean that shadow should geht the same thing like that thing from the wl when you dispel the dot
    i dont know the name of the dot in englisch-.-

Aaah, I misunderstood. You are talking about the silence effect on the Warlock spell, Unstable Affliction, I think.

Aaah, I misunderstood. You are talking about the silence effect on the Warlock spell, Unstable Affliction, I think.
    jeah when i dispel thios you get the 6k (crit)dmg and silence this thing shadows need on vt

Quote Originally Posted by risdrict
    jeah when i dispel thios you get the 6k (crit)dmg and silence this thing shadows need on vt
    I agree, a Silence or a Stun when Vampiric Touch is dispelled would really help us out a lot, especially against Retribution Paladins who simply keep spamming Cleanse whenever they have a break in their rotation.

all i see in this thread is whine, 3.2 WILL be a huge buff to shadow, shadow has always worked very good in a low dmg enviroment. Yes shadow needs alot of fixes but 90% of all players on this forums that whine are usually just terribble and cannot realise that it might be them that suck not the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylex
    all i see in this thread is whine, 3.2 WILL be a huge buff to shadow, shadow has always worked very good in a low dmg enviroment. Yes shadow needs alot of fixes but 90% of all players on this forums that whine are usually just terribble and cannot realise that it might be them that suck not the class.
    You really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, do you?

Please explain how a caster with zero ways to escape melee and one defensive cooldown that silences you is supposed to be "fine".

Oh, and here are some statistics for you:

In 2v2, 2000 rating, the total percentage of Shadowpriests as opposed to other specs: 10%
    In 2v2, 2200 rating, total percentage of Shadowpriests as opposed to other specs: 11%

3v3, 2000 rating. Shadowpriests? 10%
    3v3, 2200 rating. Shadowpriests: 11%

5v5, 2000 rating. Shadowpriests, 21%
    5v5, 2200 rating. Shadowpriests, 23%

You can check all of these yourself at http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...specs/5v5.html

When 90% of the players who play your class avoid a spec like the plague, it is not "fine".

15+ Year Old Account

Blackout 3/3
    Gives your damaging shadow spells a 10% chance to cause the next Shadowword: Death spell you cast to stun the target for 2 seconds.

No wait, that's what mages got when they removed their randomprocstun talent.