Libram of Sacred Shield now pointless?

On-Use Block Value Items: All items and set bonuses that trigger temporary increases to block value have been modified. Instead of increasing their block value amount by 100% like other items, they have all had their effect durations doubled. This applies to Glyph of Deflection, Gnomeregan Autoblocker, Coren's Lucky Coin, Lavanthor's Talisman, Libram of Obstruction, Tome of the Lightbringer, Libram of the Sacred Shield, the tier 8 paladin Shield of Righteousness bonus, the tier 5 paladin Holy Shield bonus, and the tier 5 warrior Shield Block bonus.

3.2 will double the duration of Libram of Obstruction (352 BV) to 10 seconds, giving it 100% uptime now. Libram of Sacred Shield's (272 BV) reason for being better was the 100% uptime. Also Libram of Sacred Shield has no inherent duration so to speak, so how can that be doubled? I'm pretty sure it won't give us a 20 second Holy Shield duration. Guessing this is gonna be fixed once Blizz realizes the oversight of making the 200 libram better than the 226 libram/not buffing the 226 libram at all.

Maybe they buffed Sacred Shield to 544 and the patch notes were just a typo/oversight.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Libram of Sacred Shield now pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by Kandrassan
    On-Use Block Value Items: All items and set bonuses that trigger temporary increases to block value have been modified. Instead of increasing their block value amount by 100% like other items, they have all had their effect durations doubled. This applies to Glyph of Deflection, Gnomeregan Autoblocker, Coren's Lucky Coin, Lavanthor's Talisman, Libram of Obstruction, Tome of the Lightbringer, Libram of the Sacred Shield, the tier 8 paladin Shield of Righteousness bonus, the tier 5 paladin Holy Shield bonus, and the tier 5 warrior Shield Block bonus.

3.2 will double the duration of Libram of Obstruction (352 BV) to 10 seconds, giving it 100% uptime now. Libram of Sacred Shield's (272 BV) reason for being better was the 100% uptime. Also Libram of Sacred Shield has no inherent duration so to speak, so how can that be doubled? I'm pretty sure it won't give us a 20 second Holy Shield duration. Guessing this is gonna be fixed once Blizz realizes the oversight of making the 200 libram better than the 226 libram/not buffing the 226 libram at all.

Maybe they buffed Sacred Shield to 544 and the patch notes were just a typo/oversight.

Good catch,

but that means the 4 piece is really nice then, and even more of a reason to go for it.

Re: Libram of Sacred Shield now pointless?

I noticed this as well and was just about to make a post about it.

It's obviously stupid that the 200 libram will be better than the 226 ones. I have both so it doesn't matter too much to me, but going back to using a libram from heroism badges will feel somewhat..retarded.