Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy Paladin Mana Regen

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    conclusion:
    - they want you, aka holy paladins to change priority on stats.

some math wizard should calculate how much mp/5 is needed to overcome the illumination nerf.
    Mp5 has always been one of the last stats that a holy pally should go for and it still will be imo.

Nerfing our mana regen AND mana pool was a bit harsh imo.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by lawladino
    We still have Divine Plea... and yes our mana regen was too good, DP on some fights isnt even needed.
    try some heroic uldaur hardmode.

Holy Pally regen was meant to be nerfed. Big time.

Also, Int and Crit improve healing output, they shouldn't be your sole regen stats. I wish my druid could stack spell power to increase my regen, but that would be OP. Hence why paladins needed to be changed to have any value for regen stats.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Lay of Hands yourself with Divinity Glyph if your having serious mana issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostius
    1. U wont be spamming HL indefenetly
    2. U will prevent damage, not heal it
    3. U will find out that pally got more spells than HL
    4. U will use healer rotations (one heal mt, other rests etc..)
    5. In the end, Ilumination will not be nerfed so much when goes on live servers
    These people seem to think that paladins are all retarded. We are quite aware of what tools are available to us. The issue is that only one of them, Holy Light, is enough to keep up a tank. If I could make more use of Flash of Light, I would. If I could reduce overhealing, I would. You people simply don't understand paladin healing, which is why you all are cheering on the Illumination nerf and trying to cite the BoL buff as sufficient to maintain HPS

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudry
    The issue is that only one of them, Holy Light, is enough to keep up a tank. If I could make more use of Flash of Light, I would. If I could reduce overhealing, I would. You people simply don't understand paladin healing, which is why you all are cheering on the Illumination nerf and trying to cite the BoL buff as sufficient to maintain HPS
    If you are the only one healing him than yes, the only case to keep up a tank is by spamming holy light. However, if you have 2-3 healers on the main tank in a 25 man, flash of light spamming is the way to go, 10-15k HPS total is the average you would get from 3 healers and this should be the more conventional method of doing things. Holy light spamming is quite ineffective unless you know when to stop casting it in which case it is definitely the way to go.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    If you are the only one healing him than yes, the only case to keep up a tank is by spamming holy light. However, if you have 2-3 healers on the main tank in a 25 man, flash of light spamming is the way to go, 10-15k HPS total is the average you would get from 3 healers and this should be the more conventional method of doing things. Holy light spamming is quite ineffective unless you know when to stop casting it in which case it is definitely the way to go.
    I do not advocate spamming any heal. I don't spam Holy Light, and neither does any other respectable Paladin. You cast holy light when its largely not overheal or you precast it and cancel 'til its not much overheal. It just so happens that bosses do so much damage that the only thing you cast when tanks take damage is Holy Light.

As far as having other healers on the tank, in 25s you're quite right and it wont be an issue. Personally I run 10's a lot and with the massive damage on the tank and the extreme raid damage on some fights healing is usually pretty tight, especially for a paladin.

I hear people complaining that they wont be able to spam heal anymore... so learn to time your heals like the rest of us.