how do you know when your ready for Heroics

ok just lvl my priest to 80 ;D and am ok healing N hol with a few bumps i can 95 % or so of the time can clear. my priests sp is 1350 unbuffed and 1605 self buffed (inner fire + spirit) so what sp (buffed -unbuffed) should i start doin H's at

also i am getting confused with my spiest and holy gear. stats wise. as in int, crit, sp, spirit (mp5 if we use im not sure)

so what stats are most important for shadow and holy.

so something like : spiest is: sp< int<mp5<haste<crit

: holy is : sp< spirit< mp5 (wheres crit)??

something along the lines of that plz. tyvm

Re: how do you know when your ready for Heroics

What is this normalmode you talk about? I thought they removed those in Patch 2.3

You are ready for heroics....when u hit lvl 80
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

There is already a sticky created about shadowpriests made by Worshaka on this very forums. I suggest you take a look there for as far as shadowpriests go.

For a holypriest statwise I think it's in the lines of spellpower > crit=Haste > spirit=intellect.

You should be fine starting heroics, but I suggest you start off with heroic utgarde keep and nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    What is this normalmode you talk about? I thought they removed those in Patch 2.3
    Helpful and informative as usual..

..back on topic.

Those stats are pretty spot on for jumping into some heroes. Even some OS10/Naxx10 given your tanks and DPS don't have rocks for head contents. You could probly pair up with a well geared healer through both of those places as is. If you are an experianced healer, you shouldn't have any trouble with respectfully geared partners. Go do some heroes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda
    When you ding 80, you're ready
    so im ready for H HOL? i can barly heal H OK

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ar&n=Frunhilda <- i lold

anyway... try to get a full set of lvl 77-80 blues , then you are most likely ready.It also depends on the tank ( you can be in full t8.25 and you still wont manage to keep a tank in lousy greens without crit immunity up).

And the rock the massive 900dps and takes ages to finish anything. Quest blues and greens aren't enough, imo, at least not for a smooth run^^
    Back on topic, as a healer, if you have a half decent tank you should be more than fine, else it's just gonna take a bit longer.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Deleted

Yes as soon you ding 80 you are ready for heroics...if you start as soon you ding with easyst heroic and work your way to the harderst ones, you will have badges to get a first upgrade to do the harder instances.

And if they hit too hard just ask if they can use CC abit you help you out, if they aren't willing to do that...than they are *****.

GL grinding. ^^

I think as long as you have been getting instance gear regularly, you have things properly enchanted, and maybe a couple rep rewards you are fine doing heroics. For Tanks it is different, of course.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsith
    also i am getting confused with my spiest and holy gear. stats wise. as in int, crit, sp, spirit (mp5 if we use im not sure)

so what stats are most important for shadow and holy.

so something like : spiest is: sp< int<mp5<haste<crit

: holy is : sp< spirit< mp5 (wheres crit)??
    I find, as a holy priest that is doing hard modes in Ulduar 10 and 25, that regen is one of the most important stats there can be, due to the high intensity of healing that is required in these fights. So, in terms of stats, mine is:

Spirit/Mp5 (Both are good, especially with the changes to Mp5 stat) < Intellect (For increased mana, which I find is very useful even for a priest) < Spellpower < Haste (For those hard times (Frozen Blows, Pulse Beams etc) < Crit.

And, as to the, "when should I do heroics question, I would say, get as many of the decent parts from the normal instances, i.e HoS, HoL and the harder ones like that, and then try with the easy heroics, like, UK, VH etc, and work your way up from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

Disc/Holy + lvl80 = ready^^

I cleared Naxxramas 25 with less spellpower than the OP. I think it'll be fine for heroics.

(No, not carried, 4p Tier6 was just that imba for the first week of Naxxramas, 6 days after launch!)

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    For a holypriest statwise I think it's in the lines of spellpower > crit=Haste > spirit=intellect.
    so what about mana regen i have some healers that could use more is spirit / mp5 a big necessity?

You can go into heroics with quest greens, so you should be fine.

However, if you need help / tips on how to improve your priest, OR, as you said, understand the differences between being shadow and holy, then go to:

http://www.elitistjerks.com/

I really dislike the spellpower metric if you're talking about holypriests. While it's a stat that is a somewhat indicator of your gear level, it's also a relatively unimportant holy priests. Stacking spellpower frankly won't help you at all.

What does matter is your manaregen. But before you start in Naxx, your manaregen will frankly, be really bad no matter what you do. But stacking intellect and spirit does help a whole lot.

OP: You can heal naxx if you're mostly heroic geared. If we're going by the spellpower metric, then 1300 SP shouldn't be impossible at all, but don't expect to twoman-heal it with that gear. But make sure you bring a few manapots and make good use your best available spell:

/y OOM! Need innervate!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsith
    so im ready for H HOL? i can barly heal H OK
    Those are two of the three hardest heroics (with the other one being oculus).

Start with Nexus, UK, UP (except I hate the gauntlet), and Gundrak.

Also you were looking for "you're" for your title, not "your". You meant "you are", and "your" cannot be substituted for "you are".

So long as you have remotely sensible stats you can start healing heroics the moment you ding 80, even have nice fast clear runs. The important thing is to make sure that the tank knows you're a bit undergeared and is careful with pulls because your regen will suck to start with. Also if you can snag an elem shaman on those early runs do it - between the caster buffs, the mana buffs, the tremor totem & cleansing totems they'll make your job a lot easier.

I would also grab a stack or two of runic mana potions, they're worth the investment while you're still putting together a set of gear.