Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Disc toping the meters? - Allways.

hello priest community

I have a combat log from a 7 bosses kill in 25 man night in ulduar at bottom but please read the post first ty

first thing i would like to say that im shocked
    i see threads about ppl trying to compare holy with disc and disc with other healers and vise versa. tbh its like comparing druid tank with a warlock... - thats right nothing in common what so ever.

disciplne priests have in 90% of time tottaly different role - damage mitigation so stop trying and compare us to other healers.

I spent some time reading other topics concerning disc priests and "how much exactly they are valuable" in raids.
    and each time i see some dude say "hey im disc priest and i dont aoe heal that well but atleast i have no mana problmes" i understand why some ppl dont like taking us into raids. if you dont run into mana issues as disc priest well - YOU SLACK! so wake up and start shielding ppl.

if you wait for some one to take dmg and then you bubble them to "buy" some time for some other healer to land his big heal then you miss your point as damage mitigator coz u didnt mitigate anything.

i burn around 2.5-3k mana every single 5 sec in boss encounter spaming shields on raid preventing as much damage as i can.
    There are only few fights when some "random" raider will be safe for 30 sec without taking even 1 point of damage some way.
    In most fights raiders consume their shields while weakened soul still up on them, in less than 15 so almost no shield goes to waste.

dont try to heal ppl with 4-5k crappy flash heals or the imba long not effective greater heals, its nothing wrong to use it now and then but its simply not your job to heal ppl.
    your job is to prevent damage not retroactive heal it.

discipline priest who knows his job will allways and i mean allways be number one if you check healing + absorbs... and not by 1-5% but by 40% + from any other "true healer" class.

and her is some numbers:
    in this log every shield cast is considered healing only by the amount consumed in other words: If i shield some one for 6k and he takes 2k dmg, then it will count as 2k heal and not 6k.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/L...m/healingDone/

25 man in ulduar 7 first bosses cleared:
    you can see that shibba healed for almost 17 million while best healer is siting with only 10 million. you can hover over shibba and see the details.
    you can click on Shibba and see that I casted 4680 shields... thats shield spaming and not waiting for raid to take dmg and then panic oh wtf do i do now.

and on a side note we discs have passive 3% dmg raid wide reduction, if you check the damage taken total over that night you will see that we took 91768939 damage, which are 97% the missing 3% are another 2.8 million that i mitigated.

all in tottal puts me in almost twice the top healer with almost 20mil against his 10mil.

i have been runing with this tactic in every single place i could get in, as well as puggs and i allways dominated the charts.

before you qutoe and flame me, check Shibba on Shadowsong server EU - raid buffed i sit with 33.5k mana and replenishment with rapture gives me all the mp5 i need (ofc i use fiend and hymn + the crazy alch pot).
    oh and dont bring me that bullshit about "you lack spirit" "crapy spell power" or what ever - first get the numbers i get after raid night and then tell me how you do it so i can improve and become even better disc pve priest.

Paranoid Tank: "Always be prepared for something to eat the healer..."

Re: Disc toping the meters? - Allways.

discipline priest who knows his job will allways and i mean allways be number one if you check healing + absorbs... and not by 1-5% but by 40% + from any other "true healer" class.
    Of course you're going to be number one if you count absorbs. You're preventing damage that someone else could have healed just as effectively. There's a reason the healing meter doesn't matter (unless someone is dying).

Lets say you're going oom from preventing damage. If a holy priest was healing a group and you shielded just 1-2 of them, what was the point in shielding them if they were just going to be topped off a moment later for the same mana cost?

You have a vital role in a raid, but you shouldn't go off the healing meters (or absorption for that matter) since the healing meter in general isn't a way to measure someones skill, or value in a raid. I do however bring up the healing meter in pugs so I can piss them off :P

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

15+ Year Old Account

you're stupid to think ur good.

preventing dmg that may never come? each time you cash a shield doesnt mean you heal for 8000 (or whatever your shield absorbs) it means you put a shield on thme. unless they take dmg, ur shield is pointless and the biggest waste of mana ever.

l2p
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

i agree with you that im taking alot of other ppls job by not geting other ppl take dmg , yet my post was intended for 2 things:

1. show every one that what exactly should a disc priest try to achieve which is mitigatio nand not healing.
    2. to show that the less other healers are stressed the more time/mana they have for other emergencies like major aoe or hevay tank dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    Of course you're going to be number one if you count absorbs. You're preventing damage that someone else could have healed just as effectively. There's a reason the healing meter doesn't matter (unless someone is dying).

Lets say you're going oom from preventing damage. If a holy priest was healing a group and you shielded just 1-2 of them, what was the point in shielding them if they were just going to be topped off a moment later for the same mana cost?

You have a vital role in a raid, but you shouldn't go off the healing meters (or absorption for that matter) since the healing meter in general isn't a way to measure someones skill, or value in a raid. I do however bring up the healing meter in pugs so I can piss them off :P
    What the guy above said is how a disc priest works. Yes they heal, but their primary strength is ABSORBS.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    you're stupid to think ur good.

preventing dmg that may never come? each time you cash a shield doesnt mean you heal for 8000 (or whatever your shield absorbs) it means you put a shield on thme. unless they take dmg, ur shield is pointless and the biggest waste of mana ever.

l2p

lol have u ever raided ulduar?
    as i said there on 99% of bosses every single raid member will get hit for some ammount during the 30 sec of PWS. and most of them eat it all.

oh and l2read darling, coz i explained exactly how this log works... reading seems to be hard :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shibba

i see threads about ppl trying to compare holy with disc and disc with other healers and vise versa. tbh its like comparing druid tank with a warlock... - thats right nothing in common what so ever.
    We had a warlock tank a drake in 25 OS.... ye what now.

Any ways priest just dominate all the raids im in, and they barley go oom as well while im holy light spamming over here.

A vast majority of Disc priests are MT healers, where as you are a raid healing disc priest. A disc priest can certainly be effective by "chaining" shields on the entire raid, but only 1 disc priest can do this in any given raid. If you have a second Disc priest, he must be a MT healer, and the "shield spam" priest would have to refrain from shielding his tank target(s).

Kudos for your success, and I hope the regen mechanics stay as such to support this play-style.

Also, are you certain that WoL calculates the actua netl absorbs? The graph is a little confusing, because though it shows you as significantly less "HPS" throughout all encounters. Does it only count the shields in the bottom bar chart and not the graph above? That makes me a little weary of the program.

15+ Year Old Account

BoSanc does not stack with disc priest thingie, so, if you would have a paladin (sorry, i don't bother looking into tah log) you wouldn't reduce the 3% on anyone with the Blessing on it.

Even tho, pointless thread is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    BoSanc does not stack with disc priest thingie, so, if you would have a paladin (sorry, i don't bother looking into tah log) you wouldn't reduce the 3% on anyone with the Blessing on it.

BoSanc does stack with Renewed Hope. I have personally confirmed this in-game for every minor patch since 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    A vast majority of Disc priests are MT healers, where as you are a raid healing disc priest. A disc priest can certainly be effective by "chaining" shields on the entire raid, but only 1 disc priest can do this in any given raid. If you have a second Disc priest, he must be a MT healer, and the "shield spam" priest would have to refrain from shielding his tank target(s).

Kudos for your success, and I hope the regen mechanics stay as such to support this play-style.

Also, does WoL calculate actual absorbs, or the potential for absorption? The graph is a little confusing, as well, because though it shows you as significantly less "HPS" throughout all encounters. Does it only count the shields in the bottom bar chart and not the graph above? That makes me a little weary of the program.
    I can upload this log file to any other program you may suggest as long as it "recognizes" PWS...
    I did compare those stats with the recount plugin called "guessed absorbs" which gave me almost identical numbers.
    so if you would liek me to upload anywhere else, then where?

I can upload this log file to any other program you may suggest as long as it "recognizes" PWS...
    I did compare those stats with the recount plugin called "guessed absorbs" which gave me almost identical numbers.
    so if you would liek me to upload anywhere else, then where?
    If Recount Guessed Absorbs is giving you identical numbers then it is only counting the potential for absorption. Unless they have changed that add-on within the last month.

even without the 3% you tottaly missed my point.

This was posted to give other raiding priests and RAID LEADERS some insight into the way that they can utilize their disc priest and abilities... and not for show off.
    I find raid shielding far more raid benefitial than simple tank healing. but thats just my oppinion.

It's not quite pointless. There are many people browsing the forums for ideas and there are quite some clueless ppl as well. This is the result when you stack int as a disc priest, you can be a great raid healer. Most of the time disc is referred to as MT healer or PvP spec, but they can do other stuff just fine. The only downside of this is that you can only have 1 per raid.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    If Recount Guessed Absorbs is giving you identical numbers then it is only counting the potential for absorption. Unless they have changed that add-on within the last month.
    if you check the avg on my shields you will see they are at 2.5k per shield (in the WoL report) so its clearly absorbed ammount and not potential.

if you check the avg on my shields you will see they are at 2.5k per shield (in the WoL report) so its clearly absorbed ammount and not potential.
    Yup. Your right. Then whats with the discrepancy in the graph? Just trying to understand the program better.

unfortunatly i do not know how this program tick, all i can say i trust the numbers more than the picture

the numbers don't add up

shit geared fail pug is still shit geared fail pug, however much you dominated it.

Look at the healing numbers of the other healers, they're hitting for shit, less than most people hit for unbuffed while they're in a buffed raid situation.

Or conversly look at raid deaths, they're dropping like flies all around you all night.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    so...pretty much all you're doing is sniping heals before anyone takes damage. . . grats? trying to get priests nerfed or something? i dont see the point besides obvious e-peen stretching.
    nothing i wrote here blizz doesnt know from theyr own far more intensive logs so nerfs or not im not the one who found the holy grail heh.
    and the point was simple - give disc priests more creditability in raid spots as well as new roles beside tank healer.