Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Disc toping the meters? - Allways.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    so...pretty much all you're doing is sniping heals before anyone takes damage. . . grats?
    so healers should only stick hots on AFTER the damage has occurred as all they're doing is sniping heals...grats?
    and healers should avoid stacking haste as all they're doing by healing faster is sniping heals...grats?

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    shit geared fail pug is still shit geared fail pug, however much you dominated it.

Look at the healing numbers of the other healers, they're hitting for shit, less than most people hit for unbuffed while they're in a buffed raid situation.

Or conversly look at raid deaths, they're dropping like flies all around you all night.
    and what thats got to do with the original post?
    The strategy described that disc priest can use in raids?

stay on topic pls.
    Paranoid Tank: "Always be prepared for something to eat the healer..."

the guessed absorbs addon for recount estimates an absorb number generated by the hits of your PW:S glyph and combines the power of that with your spell power in some way. Its not at all relative to the actual absorbs, its a total of all the estimated values of the shields you cast. Read the addon, it will explain that.

all your meter shows is that PW:S spamming with that addon is a great way to top the meters, if topping healing meters even matters.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    shit geared fail pug is still shit geared fail pug, however much you dominated it.

Look at the healing numbers of the other healers, they're hitting for shit, less than most people hit for unbuffed while they're in a buffed raid situation.

Or conversly look at raid deaths, they're dropping like flies all around you all night.
    A big congrats for missing the point.

ps it's a guild run and not every guild is as skilled/geared.

I cannot tell if the other healers numbers are low because of the shield mitigation, or if its because they are bad. I plan to run WoL next week and run disc on XT to see if it is truly effective or just good for the meters.

But yeah, the graph is confusing. If a disc priest is putting up shields on everyone at all times, then their HPS should spike like a rocket during tantrum, but it isn't showing that. This is where the numbers aren't adding up.

Axxey is right, you can have all the HPS in the world, but if people are dropping like flies, then this is a problem. Also, better raids don't "stand in the fire," which would considerably reduce the effectiveness of shield spam. Not saying this is whats happening on your run, but it is something to consider.

The "sniping heals" argument is BS, however. I don't care who gets the damn "heal" as long as it gets done and people aren't dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyn
    the guessed absorbs addon for recount estimates an absorb number generated by the hits of your PW:S glyph and combines the power of that with your spell power in some way. Its not at all relative to the actual absorbs, its a total of all the estimated values of the shields you cast. Read the addon, it will explain that.

all your meter shows is that PW:S spamming with that addon is a great way to top the meters, if topping healing meters even matters.
    well i didnt base my finding on meters but on the logs the addon was mentioned but not counted on...
    oh and i didnt have the glyph for a long time and it worked just fine... should have had 0 without the glyph right? :

u can also be near the top healer as disc priest just healing + counting absorbs.. thats the most fun way to play, just spamming shields is stupid, and will get the talent nerfed..

also the first 7 bosses are quite easy, the later bosses will need more healing and spamming shields wont be that effective, since u will have to support heal too.

but yes, i have no problem being at the topheal list either, if healing+ absorbs were mashed together most good discpriest would be near topspot.

but a very good druid will always outheal u, since he can spam hots like u spam shields and since its counted as pure healing, he will be high on the meter, i hate the druid in the guild lolz preventing me from even shielding hehe. awesome healer.

shamans are the worst healers atm they should get buffed.

conclusion: your playstyle only works on easy bosses, while the titans and harder bosses will require u to preserve your mana. u will oom yourself too fast, and definatly wouldnt work well on hardmodes. spamming shields works wel up to auriya, depending on the other healers if they can handle it, u will need to support heal alot more.

RecountGuessedAbsorbs is a mode plugin for Recount providing Absorb data collection based on heuristics. This works for any known spell, proc or ability that causes absorbs but is not guaranteed to be accurate.

It's mainly provided to give Disc Priests and other classes who use absorbs to gauge their contribution but should be taken with a large grain of salt because this or other known methods do not work accurately and can fail under typical conditions.

Comments should be directed to the Recount thread on WowAce at http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=6613

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...edabsorbs.aspx

TBH, this addon is a must for a disc priest. i used it when I was disc, and loved it. it gives you a way (though not perfect) to compare your contribution vs others. Now that I am holy again I totally stopped using recount because Ive seen the #'s and I know what I have to do to help my raid down bosses... Drooling over meters is not it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    I cannot tell if the other healers numbers are low because of the shield mitigation, or if its because they are bad. I plan to run WoL next week and run disc on XT to see if it is truly effective or just good for the meters.

But yeah, the graph is confusing. If a disc priest is putting up shields on everyone at all times, then their HPS should spike like a rocket during tantrum, but it isn't showing that. This is where the numbers aren't adding up.

Axxey is right, you can have all the HPS in the world, but if people are dropping like flies, then this is a problem. Also, better raids don't "stand in the fire," which would considerably reduce the effectiveness of shield spam. Not saying this is whats happening on your run, but it is something to consider.

The "sniping heals" argument is BS, however. I don't care who gets the damn "heal" as long as it gets done and people aren't dying.
    tantrum is like 5-6 hits and my shields hold just about 1 first tick after that most of raid has weakened souls so i focus on targets of priority like healers, or lightbombed ppl during tantrum.

I use Grid configured to indicate who has my shields and who has weakened soul, so i dont waste time even targeting them...
    i use Clique with a macro that targets my cliked person and attempts to shield them if possible so most of my time is spent is clickn who ever is not shielded and dont have weak soul + sniping penance.

also i would recomend stacking up on int and not mp5 or spirit for your attempt...
    There is no mp5 or spirit that will save you from going oom with 3k mana burnt every 5 sec... replenishment and raptures seems coop well in this matter hence the huge mana pool.

Deleted

Its not a question of you playing good or bad.

The others healers are terrible!! Just awfull. Go find new players beacuse with those you will never do Hardmodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlybonne
    u can also be near the top healer as disc priest just healing + counting absorbs.. thats the most fun way to play, just spamming shields is stupid, and will get the talent nerfed..

also the first 7 bosses are quite easy, the later bosses will need more healing and spamming shields wont be that effective, since u will have to support heal too.

but yes, i have no problem being at the topheal list either, if healing+ absorbs were mashed together most good discpriest would be near topspot.

but a very good druid will always outheal u, since he can spam hots like u spam shields and since its counted as pure healing, he will be high on the meter, i hate the druid in the guild lolz preventing me from even shielding hehe. awesome healer.

conclusion: your playstyle only works on easy bosses, while the titans and harder bosses will require u to preserve your mana. u will oom yourself too fast, and definatly wouldnt work well on hardmodes. spamming shields works wel up to auriya, depending on the other healers if they can handle it, u will need to support heal alot more.

pls show me the druid that can spam so much hots every single gcd and not cry for mama to bring him ice milk for mana.

and one more time: this wasnt based on the meters - check the logs for crying out loud, its accurate, and if u think otherwise give me a site that you trust ill upload there.
    it was about usability of disc priests in raids so they wont get put on standby coz of the ignorance of the raid leaders..

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlybonne

i hope you didnt miss the point when i sayd i have 33.5k mana raid buffed, and i also hymn druring greatness proc to give me 50k mana for around 10sec +- my main mana comes from replenishment and rapture... at this point im on the edge of geting enough mana back from them and still spaming shields non stop...

oh and it doesnt matter when u say taht later harder bosses i will run oom fast of spaming shields - im allrdy spaming shields the fastest i can, cant go any faster than that so if im fine now it wont change if boss will be bigger and meaner i cant spam faster

Quote Originally Posted by Shibba
    i hope you didnt miss the point when i sayd i have 33.5k mana raid buffed, and i also hymn druring greatness proc to give me 50k mana for around 10sec +- my main mana comes from replenishment and rapture... at this point im on the edge of geting enough mana back from them and still spaming shields non stop...

oh and it doesnt matter when u say taht later harder bosses i will run oom fast of spaming shields - im allrdy spaming shields the fastest i can, cant go any faster than that so if im fine now it wont change if boss will be bigger and meaner i cant spam faster
    GL on General V.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyn
    GL on General V.
    well with my guild we didnt do this encounter but im sure it is going to be a chalange for me

tbh im looking forward to it might go MT healer for that one ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    BoSanc does not stack with disc priest thingie, so, if you would have a paladin (sorry, i don't bother looking into tah log) you wouldn't reduce the 3% on anyone with the Blessing on it.

Even tho, pointless thread is pointless.
    yes it does bos doesnt stack with vigilance

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...=13429&e=13983

This is the log of our Freya + 2 25er kill today.
    First to say, i normaly play holy so my disc equip isn't that what you would aim for. I got a lot of haste and my crit is just around 30% raidbuffed.

Playstyle:
    I was throwing shilds on the players with nature's fury and grip, keeping up weekend soul on the tanks and shielded 2-3 players before tremor. As filler, I used flash and i tried to keep PoM on CD. Penance wasn't that good in that fight so i rarely used it.

Back to Topic:

Imo freya is a good example for a boss where preventing dmg is very useful. Especialy after tremor, when people drop under 20% the shild saves life.
    I think shild is very situational. Keeping shilds on the tanks or other player's getting constantly dmg is self-evident (looked this wort up. doesn't know if it makes sence :P) e.g. IC hardmode (Static Disruption).

Your playstyle is quite boring, just jumping around and smashing Shild. Ofc, Disc prevent a lot of dmg through their shild but what's about Penance, Divine Aegis PoM and FH. I don't want to blame ur way of gaming but i don't think that is the intention of Blizzard how disc should fit in a raid.

mfg

The 3% damage reduction modifier does not stack.

pls show me the druid that can spam so much hots every single gcd and not cry for mama to bring him ice milk for mana.
    Every single decent druid on the planet?

The premise of your thread is solid - disc is a useful, viable raid spec that doesn't get enough respect - but your further posts are ridiculous. No, my guild's druids don't run out of mana. And no, they don't innervate themselves.

tantrum is like 5-6 hits and my shields hold just about 1 first tick after that most of raid has weakened souls so i focus on targets of priority like healers, or lightbombed ppl during tantrum.

I use Grid configured to indicate who has my shields and who has weakened soul, so i dont waste time even targeting them...
    i use Clique with a macro that targets my cliked person and attempts to shield them if possible so most of my time is spent is clickn who ever is not shielded and dont have weak soul + sniping penance.

also i would recomend stacking up on int and not mp5 or spirit for your attempt...
    There is no mp5 or spirit that will save you from going oom with 3k mana burnt every 5 sec... replenishment and raptures seems coop well in this matter hence the huge mana pool.
    If I get the JC trinket and DC:G(INT) I would have a similar mana pool to yours. I may whip up the trinket, but I'm not going to blow the money on DC:G for this.

Any good raid leader has already acknowledged that Disc priests are valuable MT healers. I think it would take logs from later bosses and hardmodes for people to accept Disc "shield spam" as viable for raid healing.

Had a priest that thought like this get recruited to my guild, he was best healer of his last guild, needless to say he got kicked out of my guild couldn't keep up at all with the other healers. Holy pally was the best healer til my druids got their 4pc set, so now its resto druids, holy pally, then holy priest. My priests do switch back and forth through disc but not for shield spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizziline
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...=13429&e=13983

This is the log of our Freya + 2 25er kill today.
    First to say, i normaly play holy so my disc equip isn't that what you would aim for. I got a lot of haste and my crit is just around 30% raidbuffed.

Playstyle:
    I was throwing shilds on the players with nature's fury and grip, keeping up weekend soul on the tanks and shielded 2-3 players before tremor. As filler, I used flash and i tried to keep PoM on CD. Penance wasn't that good in that fight so i rarely used it.

Back to Topic:

Imo freya is a good example for a boss where preventing dmg is very useful. Especialy after tremor, when people drop under 20% the shild saves life.
    I think shild is very situational. Keeping shilds on the tanks or other player's getting constantly dmg is self-evident (looked this wort up. doesn't know if it makes sence :P) e.g. IC hardmode (Static Disruption).

Your playstyle is quite boring, just jumping around and smashing Shild. Ofc, Disc prevent a lot of dmg through their shild but what's about Penance, Divine Aegis PoM and FH. I don't want to blame ur way of gaming but i don't think that is the intention of Blizzard how disc should fit in a raid.

mfg

well thanks for the log, and i can clearly see the "Holy" part inside of you :P
    i agree with you that spaming shields is not very exciting yet in a casual guild when dealing with 25 boss is still hard, and hard modes are not even spoken (yet) i enjoy doing the 110% i can for the benefits of the raid.

also there was a blue post after the patch that made pws GCD clearly saying that blizz happy with it and they intendet it for disc priests to use it more often than any other thing.
    i find it strange shooting 4k 1.5 sec flash heal when i can throw insta cast 6k bubble with a small glyph bonus : less time saved and more mana effective, so why using lesser skill?
    im not to blame that casting pws as blizz made it just makes to be the best choice (atleast for me)

tbh, im not that bothered about having only 3 skills that i use if it gets the job done
    and i try to keep PoM + Penance on CD