Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Disc toping the meters? - Allways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    The 3% damage reduction modifier does not stack.Every single decent druid on the planet?

The premise of your thread is solid - disc is a useful, viable raid spec that doesn't get enough respect - but your further posts are ridiculous. No, my guild's druids don't run out of mana. And no, they don't innervate themselves.
    well in that case youre lucky, aside from pallies that are liek walking mana battaries i didnt see any other class that doesnt go oom atleast once in a 10 min encounter.
    again my guild is not hardcore with super dps and our fights take longer, you can spam costly heals if its for a short tiem due to great dps, but on a long fights i find mana to be a big issue for our healers.

as i said its very situational.
    Paranoid Tank: "Always be prepared for something to eat the healer..."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    If I get the JC trinket and DC:G(INT) I would have a similar mana pool to yours. I may whip up the trinket, but I'm not going to blow the money on DC:G for this.

Any good raid leader has already acknowledged that Disc priests are valuable MT healers. I think it would take logs from later bosses and hardmodes for people to accept Disc "shield spam" as viable for raid healing.
    well i wish you luck on your try, if it wont work for you no need for repair bills just coz of me heh 2 tries and then go back to holy
    and later if u cna post your logs here i will be happy to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Screecher
    Had a priest that thought like this get recruited to my guild, he was best healer of his last guild, needless to say he got kicked out of my guild couldn't keep up at all with the other healers. Holy pally was the best healer til my druids got their 4pc set, so now its resto druids, holy pally, then holy priest. My priests do switch back and forth through disc but not for shield spamming.
    omg disc was last on your meters?! cant be.... its outrageous. ;D

you got me confused here... pally then druid then...
    strange last time i checked i wasnt in your guild?
    so how can you compare your gear lvl healers with mine eh ?

hmm...
    2 things:

1. your disc initate was - talk the talk but failed the walk, i guess you know the differense between thinking and doing right?
    2. Im walking the walk, so unless you can support your self with numbers that you had a disc priest who couldnt keep up after spaming almost 4700shields in a night then dont flame and shush.

Since your guild is obviously all fails and mine is working on hardmodes I naturally assumed your gear represents your guild. Pally and druid out heal priests, and trust me you wouldn't cut it in my guild.

Since your guild is obviously all fails and mine is working on hardmodes I naturally assumed your gear represents your guild. Pally and druid out heal priests, and trust me you wouldn't cut it in my guild.
    i wouldnt jump into assumptions of who will or will not cut where, i just dont recall puting application on your hard core guild.

Again, screech...
    im not to flame or somthing but pls try staying on topic i was showing a relatively new strategy that is obviosly unaccepted (yet).
    if you doing great with priest as lowest healer its fine i have nothing against that, all i showed is that disc prist can effectvly mitigate damage that other healers dont need to heal after that.
    and if you compare the 2 ammounts, then its showing that for a high skilled spammer disc you will need 2 regular healers to cover up for the loss...
    pls show me your HPS logs id love to see them.

and how many ppl got shileded when they only had 6k and then got hit for 9k aoe? and lived to tell the story.

oh and btw, unless your healers heal like x2 better than from mid ulduar 25 (non hard mode) gear, damage mitigation tottal would still be higher.

Tell me what fight do you a boss spaming 9k dmg aoes that there isn't any time for heals and spamming shields saves the say instead of an aoe heal. Blizzard rejected their own ideal of party bubble for a reason or perhaps you don't even remember when they brought that up.

Tell me what fight do you a boss spaming 9k dmg aoes that there isn't any time for heals and spamming shields saves the say instead of an aoe heal. Blizzard rejected their own ideal of party bubble for a reason or perhaps you don't even remember when they brought that up.
    left hand of kolo is nice example of heavy raid dmg and right hand as well lol after picking up unlucky beamed person.
    but you miss the point... each bubble sits on its target for 30 sec, at least in my ulduar experience in 30 sec you can be almost sure that u will get hit by somthing doesnt have to be 20k can be only 5k but i doesnt go wasted, and if i can keep up on spaming my shields non stop that means i save more mana for other healers. and the amount of damage isave is by far supperiour to the amount that they need to heal in the end ,akin theyr life alot easier.

im not saying that without disc u cant raid not at all, you can do fine without like you are just showing diff perspective

I'm cool with you advocating this style of play Shib, but it doesn't seem quite as easy for any non Jewlelcrafters. You pick up a ton of int with JC and its obvious that int is required for this style. And the other thing is I think I prefer preemptive bubbling on the few people I know will be taking heavy damage, and dropping FH, POH, etc over bubbling constantly. That seems like it would become a monotonous cycle of just bubbling each person as the WS comes off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Lmao I don't even know what to say to that, you didn't counter my argument at all. Anyway goodluck with your strategy I'm sure it will change in the near future, but as it stands your the only healer that goes oom.

Because WoW takes such major skill that only you and your guildies can be good at it, right? Spare us your bullshit, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    I'm cool with you advocating this style of play Shib, but it doesn't seem quite as easy for any non Jewlelcrafters. You pick up a ton of int with JC and its obvious that int is required for this style. And the other thing is I think I prefer preemptive bubbling on the few people I know will be taking heavy damage, and dropping FH, POH, etc over bubbling constantly. That seems like it would become a monotonous cycle of just bubbling each person as the WS comes off.

true i took jc just for the pure int purpose... and without it i had like 3k mana less and i felt huge diff in terms of mana returns.

also i agree with you that after casting 4700 shields 300 penances and coupl of pohs are neeglectable and it does becomes monotnous... thing is in my guild with casual players we have alot of unneeded random dmg, if its a loose add or a stood in fire things or simply didnt attack the right target, this way we get much more random damage.

still in all this i prioritize targets i constanty monitor the incoming heals on the raid members so i sheild the "weakes" link first or the one who messed up and stands in fire then "MT" style heal him.
    so its not just sit and use one button from left to right, i find it actualy chalanging coz i have to choose every single gcd without a moment to take a "breath" always looking few steps ahead whats going to hit who... and then shield the rest of raid.

Quote Originally Posted by aed01
    Because WoW takes such major skill that only you and your guildies can be good at it, right? Spare us your bullshit, please.
    Because obviously that means my guild is number 1 because we can down yogg and work on hardmodes amirite? effin tard, if anything your insulting the op and his guild by saying he lacks the so called "major skill"

Quote Originally Posted by Shibba

true i took jc just for the pure int purpose... and without it i had like 3k mana less and i felt huge diff in terms of mana returns.

also i agree with you that after casting 4700 shields 300 penances and coupl of pohs are neeglectable and it does becomes monotnous... thing is in my guild with casual players we have alot of unneeded random dmg, if its a loose add or a stood in fire things or simply didnt attack the right target, this way we get much more random damage.

still in all this i prioritize targets i constanty monitor the incoming heals on the raid members so i sheild the "weakes" link first or the one who messed up and stands in fire then "MT" style heal him.
    so its not just sit and use one button from left to right, i find it actualy chalanging coz i have to choose every single gcd without a moment to take a "breath" always looking few steps ahead whats going to hit who... and then shield the rest of raid.
    Sounds too stressful
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    Sounds too stressful
    heh have to keep power infusion on a caster every gcd btw they just love that and noticing a tank in emergency for the PS etc... so yeah its intese.

Because obviously that means my guild is number 1 because we can down yogg and work on hardmodes amirite? effin tard, if anything your insulting the op and his guild by saying he lacks the so called "major skill"
    Yeah, you're obviously the best player in the best guild there is. What I was saying was you shouldn't judge players or whole guilds if you lack certain information.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibba
    1. your disc initate was - talk the talk but failed the walk, i guess you know the differense between thinking and doing right?
    2. Im walking the walk, so unless you can support your self with numbers that you had a disc priest who couldnt keep up after spaming almost 4700shields in a night then dont flame and shush.
    You're obviously not walking the walk, there's people dying all over the place every way you look at the log.

Maybe you're creating a false sense of what damage mobs and bosses output leaving your other healers out of their depth when actual damage happens requiring reactions?
    Either way, i agree disc priests are useful, disagree with your non tactical use and e-peen flexing.

Quote Originally Posted by aed01
    Yeah, you're obviously the best player in the best guild there is. What I was saying was you shouldn't judge players or whole guilds if you lack certain information.
    Such as?.... maybe you need to reread this forum.

Such as?.... maybe you need to reread this forum.
    Memory failure?

Sigh, look at his logs reread the info he put about his guild, thats what I'm talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    You're obviously not walking the walk, there's people dying all over the place every way you look at the log.

Maybe you're creating a false sense of what damage mobs and bosses output leaving your other healers out of their depth when actual damage happens requiring reactions?
    Either way, i agree disc priests are useful, disagree with your non tactical use and e-peen flexing.
    Its been some time now when we all raid together so they got use to my play style and the dmg left after the absorbs, we just not that hardcore as alot of other guilds, thats why the death toll.

dude after i mitigate some portion of the dmg ppl are still damaged and other healers need to pick up...
    or you think disc need to mitigate and heal?

if other healers cant keep up after i mitigated whole raid, aint my fault. i did my part in absorbing, its theyr turn to heal the rest.
    as i said if ure not MT healer u mitigate dmg not retro active heal it , u want to heal go holy.