use of divin plea / hand of sacrifice

how do u use divin plea and hand of sacrifice?
    currently i'm raiding ulduar (try yogg) and i didnt feel them necessary. it's just simplier to spam HL.
    i just sacrifice when cd are needed (phasma blast in mimiron, begin phase in auriaya etc) and divin plea where no heal is needed (heart phase in XT02, ground phase in razorscale).

with 3.2 this wont be anymore possible so i'd like to start using them...

two questions above all:
    -how to avoid death by sacrifice ? i used to DS myself, is that necessary ?
    -do u organize with other healers/tank for plea ?

(sry for english )

15+ Year Old Account

Re: use of divin plea / hand of sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by cammauta
    how do u use divin plea and hand of sacrifice?
    currently i'm raiding ulduar (try yogg) and i didnt feel them necessary. it's just simplier to spam HL.
    i just sacrifice when cd are needed (phasma blast in mimiron, begin phase in auriaya etc) and divin plea where no heal is needed (heart phase in XT02, ground phase in razorscale).

with 3.2 this wont be anymore possible so i'd like to start using them...

two questions above all:
    -do u organize with other healers/tank for plea ?

(sry for english )
    1 - Use Divine Shield. Well, even Divine Protection will save you, since the damage is capped, but we're currently trying to understand if being under DS negates the damage cap or not.

2 - Plea on downtime (think Mimiron between phases, Freya between waves) usually, or on moments where you know healing is less intensive. I'm thinking about Flash Freeze on Hodir, when the tank doesn't get hit for a while.
    Else, just warn your healers over Ventrilo to cover you for some seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Well just a thought regarding Divine Plea is that it is probably best used during phases in fights where healing is not as intensive.

Also communication is key so if you feel that you have the need to pop it (due to mana issues) remember to inform your healers so they know that they should be on their toes regarding healing

i try to time divine plea with avenging wrath so i only get a 20% healing decrease (which funnily enough is what it used to be, pre-nerf)

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    i try to time divine plea with avenging wrath so i only get a 20% healing decrease (which funnily enough is what it used to be, pre-nerf)
    and also I had expierence with using trinket +440sp on 20sec has similar effect as using AW while DP is up

Just make a macro to cancel divine plea. I use it almost every cd for a few ticks, top the tank off put sacred shield on him then pop it, when he gets hit click it off and throw a heal

#showtooltip Divine Plea
    /cast [nobutton:2] Divine Plea
    /cancelaura [button:2] Divine Plea

Left click turns on, right click turns off

#showtooltip Divine Plea
    /cast [nomodifier] Divine Plea
    /cancelaura [modifier=shift] Divine Plea

Hitting button casts it, holding shift when hitting button cancels.

For me atleast (doing Yogg at this moment) is that on several bosses I am just judging wisdom and on severall fights the mana I get back just by hitting sometimes that mob will give me enough mana not to use that much Divine Plea. As Kairu already made the macro I am using almost the same one and it is working wonders. If you are in need to get mana back and you cant cancel Divine Plea then just get your wings up to compensate the -healing.

i just have a "/cancelaura Divine Plea" part in front holy light and flash of light spells in a macro so when i heal it cancels it. better for me as prot since it's usually always up so if i need to heal when im soloing it removes it before i heal.

Quote Originally Posted by cammauta
    two questions above all:
    If you use hand of sacrifice, there is no reason to waste your divine shield. Once you take 1 tick of damage, all you have to do is holy shock or flash of light yourself and you're good to go. The damage from hand of sacrifice cannot exceed 100% of your maximum health so it can kill you, but if you get a quick small heal, it is impossible for you to die unless you take some other raid damage.

If you use divne sacrifice (prot talent) then I would strongly recommend using one of your cooldowns because you can take up to 150% of your health as damage. Either use shield wall to reduce the incoming damage and immediately healing yourself because 25 man raid damage can come at you very fast and in big numbers. Or, if there is no spell damage, then you could use hand of protection on yourself. Lastly, if there is mixed (spell damage and physical damage) taken by the raid, you should divine shield yourself.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

#showtooltip
    /cancelaura Divine Plea
    /cast Divine plea
    /p (or /raid) Divine plea on, 15 seconds with -50% healing debuff.

If you use divne sacrifice (prot talent) then I would strongly recommend using one of your cooldowns because you can take up to 150% of your health as damage. Either use shield wall to reduce the incoming damage and immediately healing yourself because 25 man raid damage can come at you very fast and in big numbers. Or, if there is no spell damage, then you could use hand of protection on yourself. Lastly, if there is mixed (spell damage and physical damage) taken by the raid, you should divine shield yourself.
    ^^^

The damage from Divine Sacrifice and Hand of Sacrifice is only applied to the cap if you actually TAKE the damage. For things like Mimiron this is really important because with or without Bubble Wall, if you DS you're going to take 150% of your HP as soon as Heat Wave ticks.
    Looking for a great guild on Tichondrius?

Rgarding DP :

The 1st DP i used in a boss fight is always accompanied with AW (unless in obvious no-damage-to-tanks-phase), that way we can just heal thru if shit happens. This is usually done when I have some 60% mana

the 2nd DP is situational really. I usually popped divine illum to be able to spam HL if my timing is wrong and try to cancel the DP if i have the chance.

Divine Sacrifice is the single most useful skill there.

We use it on Hodir to 3 man heal it in 25 man

We use it TWICE on General HM 10 man
    We use it TWICE on Freya 3 adds during Lashers.
    We use it TWICE during Thorim HM
    We use it during Tantrum TWICE
    My guild has many paladins, ret, and holy, who we ask to offspec this, for special fights.

The amount of damage reduced is INSANE, and its the whole raid less damage, not just a sacrifice.

We would not be able to do half of these hardmodes without it.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    mmm, why only 20% ?
    it should be:
    healing * 0,5 (plea) * 1,2 (wrath) = 0,6 = 40% healing decrease.

Hand of sacrifice, optional spell, sometimes help. How to avoid death: divine shield, beacon on yourself, divine protection and this kind of stuff.

I use didine plea nearly on cd after some heavy raiddmg. I cast with it, and i have one really really usefull macro:

/cancelaura divine plea

So you can get rid of the debuff instantly, like:

Divine plea
    blablabla time is running out
    Start casting HL on tank
    Tank gets heavy dmg and hes nearly dead
    /cancelaura divine plea
    tank get healed for 100% of hl, because divine plea isnt up already.

The hand of sacrifice is actually usefull in normal encounters, i try to put it up on tank whenever i bubble, even on normal encounters, it just helps.