Thread: Macro help

Macro help

I've been trying to work out this macro for a while now but I just can't get it down. I'm trying to have something that:
    Cast desperate prayer.
    If desperate prayer is on CD or I'm silenced, use battlemasters trinket
    If no trinket, use healthstone.

Any thoughts?

Re: Macro help

You can't have a macro that has an if I can't do X then do this.

However you can do a cast sequence.

/castsequence

and hotkey it... hitting it once will do Desp Prayer, hitting it twice will try to do desp prayer then the trinket. Just be careful of spamming and not using both by mistake

Coolio, ty.
    Anyone wanna save me 20min of trial and error and right out exactly what the macro will look like? I always thought castsequence repeated itself so not exactly sure how to set this one up

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite
    Cast desperate prayer.
    If desperate prayer is on CD or I'm silenced, use battlemasters trinket
    If no trinket, use healthstone.
    /castsequence reset=120 Desperate Prayer, Battlemaster's <Whichever>, <Whichever> Healthstone

Hope that helps! First click will cast DP if it's up, the second click will use your trinket, the 3rd click will use a healthstone. The macro resets back to DP after 120 seconds which is the cooldown. Without the reset parameter it would stay on the 2nd or 3rd click until you "used" them, this way it resets to DP every time it is up, which I'm assuming you want.

/castsequence "Options" "ResetCondition" "SpellList"
    "Options" - List of options. -> http://www.wowwiki.com/MACRO_cast

"ResetCondition" - If you wish to specify a condition to reset the list, you may do so here. Format is "reset=" followed by the reset condition, see below...

&#160; &#160; Reset Conditions

&#160; &#160; <number> - The number of seconds since the last click
    &#160; &#160; target - You changed target
    &#160; &#160; combat - You entered or exited combat
    &#160; &#160; alt - Alt was pressed
    &#160; &#160; shift - Shift was pressed
    &#160; &#160; ctrl - Ctrl was pressed

"SpellList" - List of spells, separated by comma.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Keep in mind, if you press it at any time during the 120 second cooldown, the cooldown will reset to another 120 seconds. Regardless of it actually cast anything. Such is the nature of macros; you're not supposed to be able to do what you ask for.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Keep in mind, if you press it at any time during the 120 second cooldown, the cooldown will reset to another 120 seconds. Regardless of it actually cast anything. Such is the nature of macros; you're not supposed to be able to do what you ask for.
    Hmm really? So it doesn't actually go back to DP at the right time if you actually use the 2nd or 3rd click. Just have to be mindful still then! What a shame, having to think while you play!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

There is no real macro which can do what u want.