Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tier 9 Bonuses/Boni

* Priest T9 Shadow 2P Bonus (Devouring Plague) (Class: Priest) -- Increases the duration of your Devouring Plague spell by 61 sec.
    * Priest T9 Shadow 4P Bonus (Mind Flay) (Class: Priest) -- Increases the critical strike chance of your Mind Flay spell by 5%.
    * Priest T9 Healing 2P Bonus (Prayer of Mending) (Class: Priest) -- Decreases the cooldown on your Prayer of Mending spell by 2 sec.
    * Priest T9 Healing 4P Bonus (Prayer of Healing) (Class: Priest) -- Increases the critical strike chance of your Prayer of Healing spell by 5%.
    My thoughts are once again QQ-based!
    The Holy 2 piece bonus is nice, there's nothing more to add. BUT the 4 piece bonus is a really nice QQ-Reason for me.
    A downgraded version of our 2-piece t8 bonus? Heck. Did they even check the previous boni before deciding the new ones?

And shadow:
    The 2 piece bonus saves some mana saves about 1,8k mana on a 5 minutes fight and 2 global cooldowns. Thats about a mindflay extra we can cast.
    And the 4 piece is ok.
    Not really impressive and i dare to say a gear setup without the set bonuses will be better than getting the bonuses/boni.

Re: Tier 9 Bonuses/Boni

I wish the shadow T9 bonuses were switched so I could keep the 2 piece tier 8 and go for 2 piece T9 for the mind flay crit

An 85 second dot is pretty cool. 5% crit chance on MF is nice too
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

The 4-set healing bonus is a really bad joke. I wouldn't expect that to last for very long...
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    The 4-set healing bonus is a really bad joke. I wouldn't expect that to last for very long...
    You should expect it. The T7-Shadow Priest bonus is still in game. And it was useless. The 4-set healing bonus atleast brings some benefit.

Anyway the problem i see is:
    Setbonuses will give the crit, so the gear will be haste. Shadows scale bad with haste. Other casters don't. Profit is Shadow fall behind again.

Healing bonuses are mega shit, 2 piece shadow is probably misstyped - it's more likely that it's 6 second increase rather than 61, sounds idiotic.

I don't like 3.2 at all, from all the nerfs to all the "balancing" to bad idea for raid instance.

Most of these will be Placeholders for actual set bonus's.

Example: The paladin 4 Set Bonus (5% holy Light crit) has been used before on previous gear (T6 to be exact) in the same position.

Don't get too upset if your bonus looks crap, likelyhood is most of them will be wrong - they are only files that have been datamined by the earliest release of the PTR

//Sall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallador

Example: The paladin 4 Set Bonus (5% holy Light crit) has been used before on previous gear (T6 to be exact) in the same position.

//Sall.
    Thats imposibble. Why make up complete new setbonuses for placeholders or extend old ones?
    Holy Paladins and Priest get a reused or nerfed one.
    Warlocks get semi buffed version of their t8 bonus (corruption added)
    The rest never existed and can't be counted as placeholder.
    But i hope they would be.....

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Placeholders.

Expect changes.
    Didn't we have the Placeholder thing with t7 too?
    It never got changed. And why would they make up new placeholders with new stats to get them removed?

Shadow 2 piece Bonus nerfs improved devouring plague.
    Holy 4 piece bonus is a nerfed copy of t8 2-piece.

I hope they won't go through with them, but the t7 bonuses got through the WotLK beta....
    With a comment like "We wan't SW to finish of weak targets, not to be used in the PvEEEE rotation" and them thinking "So we add a 10% critical strike chance to your SW on the PvEEEE Setbonus ~as a placeholder~".

QQ is fun! As i stated in the very 1st post i made in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    Thats imposibble. Why make up complete new setbonuses for placeholders or extend old ones?
    Holy Paladins and Priest get a reused or nerfed one.
    Warlocks get semi buffed version of their t8 bonus (corruption added)
    The rest never existed and can't be counted as placeholder.
    But i hope they would be.....
    Cos 0.011 seconds to our dots has got to be correct, and will make a significant dps increase amiright?
    ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ʎɯ ןןɐ ʎɐןd ı

15+ Year Old Account

Tier9 - colliseum? surely not man. Tier 8 is only just out and the vast majority of peeps have not attained that yet, its like blizz are saying "i know, lets give em a new raid to tide them over...and while we're at it, have a new set of tier gear". Is it just me or has this game gone downhill ever so slightly

Quote Originally Posted by smapple
    Cos 0.011 seconds to our dots has got to be correct, and will make a significant dps increase amiright?
    It is the same as with the t8 bonus.
    It was in the beginning something like "Your Mindblast grants you 15 Hasterating for 4 seconds" when they got datamined, and then Ghostcrawler stated it would be 240 rating (and that after the correct value was already found on wowhead). So the error is just that by datamining you can't get the value of the bonus so fast as Boubouille posts his news, but you get the bonus at is currently is.
    So stop the "Placeholder"-calling.
    T7 and t8 bonus were called placeholder too for the exact same reason.
    But they we're implemented the way they were datamined.

And look on one of the warlock bonuses. It states: (0 yd, cast: 0 seconds, val1: 10). Thats the value the bonus will have. So the only placeholders on the bonuses are the Values, since they are placed on another place in the data files.
    The 0.001sec placeholder is warlocks too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swifteh
    Tier9 - colliseum? surely not man. Tier 8 is only just out and the vast majority of peeps have not attained that yet, its like blizz are saying "i know, lets give em a new raid to tide them over...and while we're at it, have a new set of tier gear". Is it just me or has this game gone downhill ever so slightly
    Quoting my own post lol, nvm it guys i had a few beers and wasnt thinkin clearly >.<

2pc Inc the duration of VT by 10 sec
    4pc Inc damage of dots by 10%

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

The healing boni are a bad joke.

The 2 piece bonus is totally useless for holies (god, even now i can not push the button fast enough to keep it on cooldown without destroying charges...) and borderline crap for discipline priests.
    The 4 piece bonus is (as was already said) a downgraded version of the t8 2-piece bonus. HOWEVER, this is still an acceptable bonus, just quite tasteless. By the way, does anyone remember the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=16815"]Tier 1[/url] http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=23550"]8 piece bonus[/url]...?

Item - Priest T9 Shadow 2P Bonus (Vampiric Touch) - Increases the duration of your Vampiric Touch spell by 6 sec.
    Item - Priest T9 Healing 2P Bonus (Prayer of Mending) - Increases the healing done by your Prayer of Mending spell by 20%.
    Item - Priest T9 Healing 4P Bonus (Divine Aegis and Empowered Renew) - Increases the shield from your Divine Aegis and the instant healing from your Empowered Renew by 10%.
    Holy 4P is still pretty bad, that's about 120 extra healing on the empowered renew or something. Or about 0.6% of an average healthbar. If you specced heavily for renew. I don't see this one making any difference anywhere whatsoever.

No numbers given on the disc version, can't comment.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Holy 4P is still pretty bad, that's about 120 extra healing on the empowered renew or something. Or about 0.6% of an average healthbar. If you specced heavily for renew. I don't see this one making any difference anywhere whatsoever.

No numbers given on the disc version, can't comment.
    4piece is very nice for Disco. Given a 8k FH crit, thats an extra 800 to Aegis.

Its not bad for holy either. Given 2k ticks for Renew (non-glyphed), thats a total of 10k overall, or an extra 1k on the Emp renew heal.

Given this 4piece, I imagine Renew will have even a bigger argument for replacing FH as our "filler" heal.

Though not the most inspired set-bonuses, I am content with them.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    4piece is very nice for Disco. Given a 8k FH crit, thats an extra 800 to Aegis.

Its not bad for holy either. Given 2k ticks for Renew (non-glyphed), thats a total of 10k overall, or an extra 1k on the Emp renew heal.

Given this 4piece, I imagine Renew will have even a bigger argument for replacing FH as our "filler" heal.

Though not the most inspired set-bonuses, I am content with them.
    I don't think you read it right, or you have an insane amount of spellpower...
    Sitting with a little over 3k spellpower the instant healing from my Empowered Renew heals for about 1.8k, and 10% of that is 180.
    So 180 extra healing on every renew, a little disapointing if it will stay as it is now.
    And the 2p bonus will be a much better bonus (by miles), at least the way I heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvas
    I don't think you read it right, or you have an insane amount of spellpower...
    Sitting with a little over 3k spellpower the instant healing from my Empowered Renew heals for about 1.8k, and 10% of that is 180.
    So 180 extra healing on every renew, a little disapointing if it will stay as it is now.
    And the 2p bonus will be a much better bonus (by miles), at least the way I heal.
    I am guessing that you either get 15% x 10% x Base Renew(26.5% x Base Renew) or 25% x Base Renew, which would be better than that. If it is just the empowered renew part, then it sucks