Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Tier 9 Bonuses/Boni

Quote Originally Posted by Salvas
    I don't think you read it right, or you have an insane amount of spellpower...
    Sitting with a little over 3k spellpower the instant healing from my Empowered Renew heals for about 1.8k, and 10% of that is 180.
    So 180 extra healing on every renew, a little disapointing if it will stay as it is now.
    And the 2p bonus will be a much better bonus (by miles), at least the way I heal.
    Item - Priest T9 Healing 4P Bonus (Divine Aegis and Empowered Renew) - Increases the shield from your Divine Aegis and the instant healing from your Empowered Renew by 10%.

Empowered Renew: Your Renew spell gains an additional 15% of your bonus healing effects and your Renew will instantly heal the target for 15% of the total periodic effect.

When Blizzard says "Empowered Renew" they are talking about the direct heal portion of the spell. So, basically, its another 10% of the overall healing Renew can do.

So, using your numbers, if your Emp Renew is healing for 1.8k, your total periodic effect would be 12,000. Tack on an extra 10% of the total periodic effect would equal and additional 1.2k making your Emp Renew direct heal hit for 3k. If you get 1 tick from the renew, that's an extra 2.4k, meaning your renew will heal for 5.4k. Thats pretty sexy right off the bat. Given 2 ticks of renew, it will heal for 7.4k. Plus, the 3k from Emp Renew can crit for 4.5k.

In summary, think of the 4pc Bonus as changing the Empowered Renew talent to say this:

Empowered Renew: Your Renew spell gains an additional 15% of your bonus healing effects and your Renew will instantly heal the target for 25% of the total periodic effect.

Of course, I could be wrong and its 10% of 15% of the total period effect. However, it doesn't make any sense to make a 4pc bonus work like that.

Shadow 2pc is great, if Blizzard decides that it is finally time to give Shadow Priests a good set as a whole, with the 4pc being equally well thought, I will be extremely pleased.

If the holy portion of the healing 4pc works as Spiritus suggested, you could consider actually picking up Empowered Renew in every holy healing spec... If it will constantly heal over 3k(scaling with gear and critting) it's like having an instant spammable small heal for those "oh shit" situations.

The Divine Aegis for Disc is great, with Disc Priests already stacking crit like mad at least. I don't heal, but I guess with Divine Aegis giving double the amount it already gives and Inspiration being buffed, you might see Disc Priests actually starting to use Greater Heal. Especially since Blizzard decided to ninja-nerf Disc for PVE by nerfing Penance's cooldown.

The 4 piece setbonus for healing gives 10% to the shield from Divine Aegis. So with the metagem right now when you crit you get 153% + (30% * 153%) = 198.9% "healing" done on the target.

Now it will do exactly what it says, namelijk: 153% + (30% * 153%) *110% = 203,49% on a heal crit.

So with the meta it's a gain of 4.59%.

Without the meta it's a gain of 4,5%.

I hoped it would be as insane as "increases the effect of Divine Aegis by an additional 10%".

Deleted

Anyone have an idea how good the renew portion will scale with glyph of renew?

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Anyone have an idea how good the renew portion will scale with glyph of renew?
    It will not scale what so ever with Glyph of Renew. Glyph of Renew does not increase the total periodic effect, only decreases the duration of the HoT, making each tick hit harder.

A double-set bonus. *Drool*

Hey, Spiritus, don't forget that you lose between three-and-five-percent of total output from the glyph. So I'd say it has a negative (very small, but detracting nonetheless) impact on the set bonus.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    A double-set bonus. *Drool*

Hey, Spiritus, don't forget that you lose between three-and-five-percent of total output from the glyph. So I'd say it has a negative (very small, but detracting nonetheless) impact on the set bonus.
    Yes, that=true. It will be interesting to see how the fights work for the T9 encounters. Maybe Glyph of Renew will make a comeback over CoH, PoH, or GS. That would be a completely different healing style, using Renew as a primary and others as "fillers."

I would love to see a set bonus for shadow that makes mind fray refresh your dots or gives it a chance to?

Quote Originally Posted by Nesco
    The 4 piece setbonus for healing gives 10% to the shield from Divine Aegis. So with the metagem right now when you crit you get 153% + (30% * 153%) = 198.9% "healing" done on the target.

Now it will do exactly what it says, namelijk: 153% + (30% * 153%) *110% = 203,49% on a heal crit.

So with the meta it's a gain of 4.59%.

Without the meta it's a gain of 4,5%.

I hoped it would be as insane as "increases the effect of Divine Aegis by an additional 10%".
    You have to remember set bonuses aren't meant to be insane. They are supposed to be pretty small buffs overall.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    You have to remember set bonuses aren't meant to be insane. They are supposed to be pretty small buffs overall.
    Tell that Restro druids :>

Ure right but sometimes some bonuses are really good and some are only good and some are bad.

The wrath set bonuses for priests were pretty bad in t7 and got much better in t8.

The holy 2 piece is cool and situational i guess, the 4 is downright a passive buff to disc and holy

The shadow 2 peice is simple boring and a generic buff, the 4 peice could be better but it allows for spriests to try to choose gear with crit over haste.

T9 will probably not disappoint too much. Have faith that they will see the right way to go at some point and buff shadow in ways that arent just set bonuses. Still got time before the QQ storm