Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Engineering: Real 3.2 Numbers

Copied from my thread on the official Professions forums:

Flexweave Underlay: 23 Agility + 30-second parachute (60s cooldown)
    Springy Arcanoweave: 27 Spellpower + 30-second parachute (60s cooldown)
    Hand-Mounted Pyro Rockets: 1654-2020 damage (45s cooldown)
    Hyperspeed Accelerators: 340 Haste for 12 seconds (60s cooldown)
    Reticulated Armor Webbing: 885 Armor
    Mammoth Cutters: 1 Saronite Bar, 1 Volatile Blasting Trigger (makes 1000)
    Saronite Razorheads: 2 Saronite Bars (makes 1000)
    Nitro Boosts: 12 Crit and 12 Hit plus 5 second speed boost (3m cooldown)
    Goblin Beam Welder: Restores 7000 HP to a friendly mechanical target over 10 seconds (2m cooldown) - CONSUMABLE ITEM (30 charges)
    MOLL-E: 4h cooldown

Engineer "enchants" still don't stack with real ones

Goblin Beam Welder: CAN be used on friendly siege engines in Isle of Conquest (probably also on Ulduar/Wintergrasp). CAN be used while riding passenger on a Demolisher - didn't get to passenger on other vehicles. Requires 410 skill to learn, 400 skill to use. 6 Saronite, 3 Crystallized Fire, 3 Crystallized Water to create one (30 charges).
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Re: Engineering: Real 3.2 Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Flexweave Underlay: 23 Agility + 30-second parachute (60s cooldown)
    Nitro Boosts: 12 Crit and 12 Hit plus 5 second speed boost (3m cooldown)
    This...is...i can't believe it. May it be that... for the first time...engineering-enchants are not worse than normal enchants?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Nice, thanks for that list. Wish they'd make some upgrades for the goggles as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    This...is...i can't believe it. May it be that... for the first time...engineering-enchants are not worse than normal enchants?
    While not worse, they certainly still aren't worth the +40 stats that every single other profession is getting.... .. .. ..

Simply put, show some DPS effects on a rogue from using the glove enchant / using attack power enchant. You'll find the come out pretty close.

Thus, engineering isn't worth 40 stats still.

Sadly enough I agree.

They may have made many changes but they pretty much all amount to nothing.
    I like the enchant changes though.
    The boots in PvE will come helpful in fights where theres alot of catching up to do.
    More time on boss = more dps

We got buffed. Now our cloak and boots enchant are on par with the normal ones+effect(parachute\nitro boosts). Well, the cloak enchant grants +1 agi than normal enchant(22), but one point doesn't really make a difference. I guess this point came from rounding numbers.
    While the nitro boosts CAN be useful in some way or another, the cloak one doesn't really have a use.
    Adding 2 seconds for Hyperspeed Accelerators isn't bad.

Lets not forget guys that these enchants have been upgraded along with all other professions' enchants, thus this is not an Engineering buff, this is a comprehensive buff for all of the professions.

Unfortunately, that means we are in the same place we were before.
    Any theorycrafters to support\contradict me?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by goldworld
    Lets not forget guys that these enchants have been upgraded along with all other professions' enchants, thus this is not an Engineering buff, this is a comprehensive buff for of the professions.
    Show me the BS buff! :s

Quote Originally Posted by dani4342
    +8 stats from epic gems.
    The ONLY reason for buffing all of the professions is ONLY because BS's got buffed by the +8 stats the new Epic gems are going to give their extra sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by dani4342
    U gain 8 stats bonus from epic gems.

Quote Originally Posted by goldworld
    +8 stats from epic gems.
    The ONLY reason for buffing all of the professions is ONLY because BS's got buffed by the +8 stats the new Epic gems are going to give their extra sockets.
    +2 sockets = +2x20 = 40 stats.
    So, all other professions will be changed to give +40 stats as well.

Except engineering, as usual...

Engineering is seriously the red headed step child of wow professions. It never fits into their plans and they're always beating it for being bad.

Though I do think people underrate nitro boosts a little in pve. Such life savers.

Now that i have seen the numbers i think i'll drop it for once

Right, I think the only spec that can justify keeping engineering at all is tanking, as the armor to gloves is still a great enchant and significantly better than any enchanting option.

For anyone else, engineering is just bile-chokingly awful.

/care about few stats imo engineering is still by far the most fun profession in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Bendyr
    Right, I think the only spec that can justify keeping engineering at all is tanking, as the armor to gloves is still a great enchant and significantly better than any enchanting option.

For anyone else, engineering is just bile-chokingly awful.
    Except other profession bonuses stack with a normal enchant.

While the Engineering one doesnt, making it half as useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelos
    /care about few stats imo engineering is still by far the most fun profession in the game
    How? I don't get it when non-80, non-450 Engineers bleat on about the profession being "fun". Engineering hasn't been fun since fucking vanilla WoW.

Reflecting a mage's AP/POM/Pyro and one-shotting him was fun. Gnomish Shrink Raying Ragnaros was fun. Stealing an Emerald Dragon of Nightmare by using my Mind Control Cap on the horde guild's MT was fun. Nothing in Wrath is even remotely CLOSE to fun. Oh look, I can make a rabbit... that just sits there! I can... oh wait that's the only remotely "fun" schematic in Wrath.

Point out this "fun" to me, because it doesn't fucking exist and I want to know what you're smoking.

15+ Year Old Account

How? I don't get it when non-80, non-450 Engineers bleat on about the profession being "fun". Engineering hasn't been fun since fucking vanilla WoW.

Reflecting a mage's AP/POM/Pyro and one-shotting him was fun. Gnomish Shrink Raying Ragnaros was fun. Stealing an Emerald Dragon of Nightmare by using my Mind Control Cap on the horde guild's MT was fun. Nothing in Wrath is even remotely CLOSE to fun. Oh look, I can make a rabbit... that just sits there! I can... oh wait that's the only remotely "fun" schematic in Wrath.

Point out this "fun" to me, because it doesn't fucking exist and I want to know what you're smoking.
    Not to forget: Dismounting people in alterac valley by "transmuting" them into a lepra gnome which had a 20% snare attached for 10 seconds. And then kill them while they look around wondering what the fuck just happened.

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Not to forget: Dismounting people in alterac valley by "transmuting" them into a lepra gnome which had a 20% snare attached for 10 seconds. And then kill them while they look around wondering what the fuck just happened.
    The Discombobulator doesn't dismount anymore, plus it has the same chance to not work against anything 60+ as 99.9~% of our pre-BC toys (but this one doesn't overtly say so).

15+ Year Old Account

The Discombobulator doesn't dismount anymore, plus it has the same chance to not work against anything 60+ as 99.9~% of our pre-BC toys (but this one doesn't overtly say so).
    Yeah I know. That was the point. Vanilla Engineering was awesome, fun, and competitive. BC Engineering was basically almost best in slot goggles + I can haz choppa. Wrath engineering is "here you can have tinkers that are worse than enchants" and "you can make a motorcycle for others which is completely rediculously expensive and don't even think about farming mats or rep for it because you can't".
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

with all that being said makes u sound like your sad cuz u don't have a hog. i have one made it from scratch, got the non craftables from uld bosses maybe you don't play enough?
    If Blizzard continues this s*** you will be able to get t9 / Furious in fishing dailies