Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Engineering: Real 3.2 Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Typical MMO-C troll logic, why am I not surprised?
    Every profession isn't equally as good for every class/spec.

It's been that way for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Zoialord

Well tbh i kinda understand people being a bit peeved at Engi as we were sorta promised changes to boost the profession.

Wont make me change my two engi's though for good or bad they both been Engi's since TBC. Is it fun? hell yeah it is fun, watching people in Kara yelling "LOL, OMFG, WTF" when i used a Goblin Rocket Launcher to pull a mob or maybe bombed a couple of pull's in Nexus Heroic for giggles. That's what engi is about, it's a fun profession. Do i get perk's?yeah both my pally's will be tanks (well one is the other is holy at the moment while i decide on a spec for 3.2 and whether to make her heavy on BV just for kicks).

I enjoy the profession thats not to say i wouldn't like to see it improve but meh if it doesn't it doesn't. I'm looking forward to the bomb belt and getting a nice 3s stun off the grenades aswell for kicks.

Deleted

It cant be true :'(

15+ Year Old Account

engineering may give the worst stat bonuses in game compared to other professions, but who cares? it's by far the most fun profession, and after all, isn't that what games are actually about?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    How? I don't get it when non-80, non-450 Engineers bleat on about the profession being "fun". Engineering hasn't been fun since fucking vanilla WoW.
    Ah, I see you need to be level 80 to have fun.
    Ah, I see you need to be level 450 engineering to have fun.

Reflecting a mage's AP/POM/Pyro and one-shotting him was fun. Gnomish Shrink Raying Ragnaros was fun. Stealing an Emerald Dragon of Nightmare by using my Mind Control Cap on the horde guild's MT was fun. Nothing in Wrath is even remotely CLOSE to fun. Oh look, I can make a rabbit... that just sits there! I can... oh wait that's the only remotely "fun" schematic in Wrath.
    Yes, it's my opinion too that engineering has taken a dive for the worse. But that still doesn't mean you can't have fun with the profession. Try to do what 'Goon Squad' did without engineering - and sure as hell, that is fun.

Point out this "fun" to me, because it doesn't fucking exist and I want to know what you're smoking.
    It does exist, you just don't agree with it being fun.

10+ Year Old Account

I thought the patch notes also said somthing about the head enchant for engineerers, so you chould mind controll ppl and got 40stam+ ?

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Awkardemic
    It does exist, you just don't agree with it being fun.
    True enough. Comparing the definitions of people that seek to maximize themselves in raid dps, to those who seek to PvP all the time, and to those just looking for a good time with engineering might as well be comparing unrelated things. So it is a bit silly when people call each other out just because their definitions differ.

However, I am more on the side of maxing my raid dps, so does anyone know for sure if engineering does or does not equal the 40 itemization points as other professions will be in 3.2?

Quote Originally Posted by ArashikageClan
    However, I am more on the side of maxing my raid dps
    Engineering has NEVER maximised raid dps as a profesion. There was always somthing better. Dont expect it to ever do so.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

engineering may give the worst stat bonuses in game compared to other professions, but who cares? it's by far the most fun profession, and after all, isn't that what games are actually about?
    Problem with engineering is it got gutted with BC (thank you arenas) and they are far too careful in balancing it.

Reroll to another profession.
    Typical MMO-C troll logic, why am I not surprised?
    He is right though. Dropping your char for another toon because class X is better than class Y is one thing; learning another profession is trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Engineering has NEVER maximised raid dps as a profesion. There was always somthing better. Dont expect it to ever do so.
    I think you misunderstood me. I am more on the side of maxing my raid dps, but that doesn't mean I don't like having the benefit of engineering in other instances. Regardless, that doesn't really answer the question I originally posed. So, anyone have that info?

edit: Nevermind found it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by goldworld
    While the nitro boosts CAN be useful in some way or another, the cloak one doesn't really have a use
    I use my cloak A LOT in raiding, it mitigates several bosses damaging knockbacks and saves mana on the healers. Vezax: If I'm stupid enough to get caught in a shadow crash I save a little damage
    Razor: When he knocks you into the air
    Anub'rekhan: Impale
    Flame Leviathan: I am always a demolisher gunner so I use my cloak to make the transit to the ground faster(aka I click off my current parachute from the encounter and use my own to speed myself up via gravity)

Not bad uses for a non mage/priest