Page 1 of 2
LastLast

RET 3.2: Glyph of CS or glyph of Consecration?

Which one saves more mana in our new FCFS rotation using seal of vengeance?

My character has yet to be copied to the ptr so I have not gotten to play around with it.

EDIT:
    I'm in a small guild, we don't do 25 man raids, and pugging ulduar 25 on my server isn't viable right now.
    How far behind am I gear wise to the average ulduar 25 man'er?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Peak&n=Bdftwo

Re: RET 3.2: Glyph of CS or glyph of Consecration?

Don't worry about it now. It's a while until 3.2.

Bottom line though... We're broken in 3.2; if they don't fix us re-roll prot.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame

HAHAHAHAHA

Do you realize that 3.2 means a PvE dps *BUFF* for retribution paladins of roughly 15-18%?
    Cry more please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame

Not like prot still is the weakest tank. (DKs wont receive half the nerfs written in the patchnotes)
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

I'm probably crazy, but I feel like dropping the CS / Consecration glyph for Seal of Vengence Glyph.

We asked for a + expertise talent and now we got one! (Okay, it's not a 2 or 3 pts talent giving you the choice to put some pts in, but it's a +10 expertise anyway.)

So, actually I may be going for SoV / Judgment / Exo. (I may be dropping the Exo glylph to take CS or Consecration Glyph if we are manastarved. Probably the Consecration Glyph, to gain some free gcd over long combat, it me actually be a greater increase in dps than a +20% dmg on Exo.)

But yes, we are getting some nice buffs with 3.2. We may loose dps in low hp adds fight, where we wont be abble to get a really nice benefit from SoV. But anyway, we can use SoC for these types of encounter. A little less bursty, than SoB maybe, but it still ok.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    Which one saves more mana in our new FCFS rotation using seal of vengeance?

My character has yet to be copied to the ptr so I have not gotten to play around with it.

EDIT:
    I'm in a small guild, we don't do 25 man raids, and pugging ulduar 25 on my server isn't viable right now.
    How far behind am I gear wise to the average ulduar 25 man'er?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Peak&n=Bdftwo
    Unglyphed CS:
    CPM: 15
    Mana Cost: 8% base mana
    Mana cost/Minute: 120% base mana

Glyphed CS:
    CPM: 15
    Mana Cost: 6.4% bae mana
    Mana Cost/Minute: 96% base mana

Difference: Gain of +24% base mana.

Unglyphed Cons:
    CPM: 7
    Mana Cost: 26% base mana
    Mana cost/Minute: 182% base mana

Glyphed Cons:
    CPM: 6
    Mana Cost: 26% base mana
    Mana Cost/Minute: 156% base mana

Difference: Gain of +26% base mana.

So ideally, Glyph of Cons. saves more mana, and also saves you from more CD clashing.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    HAHAHAHAHA

Do you realize that 3.2 means a PvE dps *BUFF* for retribution paladins of roughly 15-18%?
    Cry more please.
    While I'm doing my best not to make too many conclusions based on PTR, (since it's always changing) I would like to point out that very similar statements were made just prior to Ulduars release, and yet Ret DPS in PvE is still far behind that of DKs, Warriors, and Druids.

Given that Ret will no longer be bringing anything unique to a raid in 3.2 (unless you don't have a BM Hunter) to compensate for having subpar DPS, it mean Rets will be excluded from Hard Modes by any serious guild.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    While I'm doing my best not to make too many conclusions based on PTR, (since it's always changing) I would like to point out that very similar statements were made just prior to Ulduars release, and yet Ret DPS in PvE is still far behind that of DKs, Warriors, and Druids.

Given that Ret will no longer be bringing anything unique to a raid in 3.2 (unless you don't have a BM Hunter) to compensate for having subpar DPS, it mean Rets will be excluded from Hard Modes by any serious guild.
    The area in DPS hwere Rets lacked (Single target) has been buffed via the new SoVeng.

Judgement of wisdom/light?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Judgement of wisdom/light?
    Useless and nerfed, respectively. Besides which, prot and holy can apply them just fine.

someone missed the wotlk memo, no one brings anything unique

our 3% dmg from aura is basically unique because noone is BM anymore. Also if you take aura mastery in 3.2 you can pop that during heroism for 3% more right? maybe?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

LMFAOWROF! *GASP*.

ok now that im done laughing at your post i wonder if u been looking up some of the guilds that have been doing hard modes and such cuase if u had u would know that warriors and druids are not pumping nearly as much dps as ret(excluding feral that does near the same dps as rogues but still a bit behind) and they are on equal ground with DK's.

on the actual topic i personally would go with HoW glyph now that SoB(im horde) has been removed due to fact that in most boss fights u will get another AW to pop towards the end and reducing the cd of HoW with the 20% damage increase of AW adds a nice amount of dps on the last stretch

also im offended that u mentioned BM hunters for some reason in your post cuase imo BM is just bad and should be forgotten until it gets some changes, but i would be happy to see some data on how BM works into your eaquation about ret pallies

He was referring to the 3% damage buff that both offer to the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    HAHAHAHAHA

Cry more please.
    Go test on a heroic dummy without 30 other people putting up buffs on it and tell me your dmg is the same as live. Thanks. 15-18% my ass.
    Bornakk"Increasingly it felt like someone playing against a Ret-Pally really only had 60% of their health bar because Vindication took away 20% from the start and then Hammer of Wrath kicked in when they had 20% left. This change was something we could confidently hotfix and would have a minimal to no impact on the PvE side of things. "
    VINDICATION TAKES 20% HEALTH /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfiregum1
    Go test on a heroic dummy without 30 other people putting up buffs on it and tell me your dmg is the same as live. Thanks. 15-18% my ass.
    lol dummies

Quote Originally Posted by xenosque
    lol dummies
    i see what you did there.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    The area in DPS hwere Rets lacked (Single target) has been buffed via the new SoVeng.
    Agree about pve single target dps.
    I tested on ptr and mine dps is around 20% better then on live server(even dont have gems on my ptr gear).
    But few other problems, our aoe dps and dps on trahs mobs will be significly lower, we will also spend more mana(cs lower cd, no more glyph of blod) and get less mana back.
    Biggest problem was on ptr when you wanted to use constantly consecration, your mana is draining fast.

15+ Year Old Account

Okay really, another thread?
    Wait why the hell am I surprised? Do i honestly expect people to post in an already existing thread about the same exact topic HAH!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben
    our 3% dmg from aura is basically unique because noone is BM anymore. Also if you take aura mastery in 3.2 you can pop that during heroism for 3% more right? maybe?
    Aura Mastery only affects the base components of the Aura.... I.E. Extra Armor, Extra Damage dealt per hit taken, Extra Resistances, Silence/Interrupt immunity, and Faster mount speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    Okay really, another thread?
    Wait why the hell am I surprised? Do i honestly expect people to post in an already existing thread about the same exact topic HAH!
    Moar topicz = Moar postz DUH!