Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Miss when hit capped

People thinking that, when hit capped, you can still miss make baby jesus cry.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshio
    Then a screenshot would be nice...cuz if you are missing judgments, id like to know why. there was a judgment bug a few months back where judgment would do nothing. no dmg, no refresh on heart of the crusader, nothing. so if this is the case id like to have something to present to blizzard...not just the ramblings of internet people.
    sorry wasn't the first thing I was thinking about in the middle of the fight. and yeah I know about that bug it annoyed the hell out of me but it said miss this time.
    and for the lock... you're hit capped with some buff a person brings yeah that means there is a chance you miss if the buff isn't up for whatever reason, I'm hitcapped without any buffs I'm at 8.42% hit and 8% is the cap

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshio
    no, that's wrong. 8% hit cap means you will not miss with MH or Ranged wep. judgment is a ranged attack (can't be dodged or parried). The OP sounds like he didn't account for everything (shaman dying, red gear etc)...please provide Screenshots next time.
    i can't believe the number of people out there that are still misinformed about what the various hit caps are. i would recommend reading a few patch notes, maybe a class mechanics guide or two before you go back to any kind of raiding.
    I know all about hit caps I was even one of many that tested the new 8% hit cap so dont think that im just making stuff up. The point is that the avoidance cap against a boss is ~102% and still even if you got that there is still 1/1000000000 chance to get hit as you can see in the rogue tanking vid. Im just saying that maybe just maybe its the same with player hit, I very much doubt it but it could be the case.

does this count

must be weird to be wrong.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr
    This could be true, I must say I dont know a great deal about this but I remember the rogue tanking mother, Illidan and Gruul and in his Illidan video with all debuffs/buffs up and being over the avoidance cap he still got hit by an attack so it could be that its the same with player hit.
    LoL.

People starting to make me laugh.

How is getting hit by a level 73 boss on a level 70 player even remotely the same as a level 70 player getting a miss on a level 73 boss.

ITS NOT KK.

And to the above.
    RECOUNT ISNT ALWAYS RIGHT KK. (also since we cant see the rogues spec we cant see if he had 5/5 precision, meaning he wouldnt be hit capped)

You need to show combat log saying "Your attack misses boss........"

Thnx. (again)

Yeah there has to be a chance to miss, Out of playing a caster and melee dps Ive missed like... NEVER.

Hit cap = 0 Misses

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Well, I would have said that too..but here I am, at 425 (16,1%) hit warlock, definitely overcapped considering we have a shadowpriest in the raid (and every other conceivable buffclass), yet I have 0.2-0.4% misses on different spells. (just checked last raids WWS)

So I conclude that happened when the Spriest was dead...or slacked...or whatnot...
    your wearing 425 WITH a spriest in the raid? on purpose? and other buff classes? so u get heroic presence too? amg. nerf your personal hit rating.

HIt cap is hit cap. if your toon is personally over it without being buffed by outside means then you dont miss, end of.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

honestly if i find one with a miss, you're just gonna say lolphotoshopped.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    honestly if i find one with a miss, you're just gonna say lolphotoshopped.
    You know.

There are such things in game called debuffs.
    Lets assume recount was correct. (which it was probably not).

Debuffs can reduce your chance to hit on a target.

Fact is, when your hit capped. You cant miss. Period.

I bet if i was to study that rogues combat log i would find that something happened (debuff or something else), that meant he wasnt hit capped when he made that miss.

go read here http://www.wowwiki.com/Miss

Calculate the maths.

Come to the only conclusion that is true.

Hit capped = zero chance to miss.

It could even be something silly like he got a weapon upgrade, switched that weap[on mid raid and was 399 weapon skill and not 400. ANYTHING like this could be the reason.

I would bet my bottom dollar that something made him below hit cap when he made that miss.

I know on my DK I occasionally miss mind freezes while being over (melee) hit cap. I think it's due to it being a frost spell and being resisted or something

15+ Year Old Account

ha! you are all nubz! im not hitcapped but still didnt miss a hit yesterday

im 0.01% short

it is strange that you all believe, that a program as large and contaminated as wow and having multiple other such broken code sequences, could not possibly have something as small as a 0.0000001% miss chance. certainly, bliz intends for this not to be the case, but its there. theyre not really known for having the most accurate code.

this isn't really a good reason to believe such a specific bug exists, but it does make sense on a different level.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    it is strange that you all believe, that a program as large and contaminated as wow and having multiple other such broken code sequences, could not possibly have something as small as a 0.0000001% miss chance. certainly, bliz intends for this not to be the case, but its there. theyre not really known for having the most accurate code.

this isn't really a good reason to believe such a specific bug exists, but it does make sense on a different level.
    well, if you know how to code something, its hard to imagine that they made flaws in it.

when hit = >263, attacks wont miss.

its really simplified, but you get the point

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    well, if you know how to code something, its hard to imagine that they made flaws in it.

when hit = >263, attacks wont miss.

its really simplified, but you get the point
    it could also be just a combination of different codes that makes a small flaw.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

15+ Year Old Account

The combat table math is flawless.

If that weren't the case, all players would have beeen screwed by now, and guild by consequence.
    It's not just about hit. If the combat table was flawed, then expertise, defense, resilience and avoidance would mean nothing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I see the word "Miss" come across my SCT about once a week. When it does, I check the combat logs and see that my Exorcism "Missed" With so many numbers spooling off the mob and down your SCT list, it is easy to confuse what ability missed. With 264 hit rating, I have a 10.06% chance to hit with spells. Add raid debuffs, and I still have a chance to miss even if its very low. Again, Exorcism is the only ability that ever misses for me.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD