Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A T9 for Discipline spec too!

Hi all!
    I would ask: are there any notices about 3 tiers for each Priest spec? Look at T7 set bonuses. Very useful for Holy, but a bit useless for Discipline. Now T8 bonuses: the 2 pieces has a excellent bonus for each Holy and Disc, but T4 is totally useless by Holy (a PW:S costs too much to be casted and an Holy priest doesn't use it in his spell rotation). Why don't they simply make us 1 tier for Disc, 1 for Holy and 1 for Shadow? They are keeping saying us that Discipline healing is very different than Holy. True! But why don't we have 2 differents gears then?
    I think a lot of people had talked about it, but I can't find another post... Have Blizzard ever answered at this question?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: A T9 for Discipline spec too!

They figure we use the same base spells so theres no need for us to have another set.

I think they are covering u with
    Priest T9 Healing 2P Bonus (Prayer of Mending) (Class: Priest) -- Decreases the cooldown on your Prayer of Mending spell by 2 sec.

and us (Holy) with
    Priest T9 Healing 4P Bonus (Prayer of Healing) (Class: Priest) -- Increases the critical strike chance of your Prayer of Healing spell by 5%.

The PW:S was a slap in the face for us as a 4P bonus:P and since they are nerfing PoH, they are lowering the crit chance (T8 is 10%).

So they preety much got it covered:P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    They figure we use the same base spells so theres no need for us to have another set.
    Well cat druids and bear druids use a completely different set of abilities yet they still share the same set. With double boni though.

I could imagine doing something like that for Priests too:

2piece: Increases the critical strike chance of Penance and Empowered Renew by 5%.
    4piece: Reduces the cooldown of Guardian Spirit by 30 seconds and the cooldown of Pain Suppression by 15 seconds.

That's wasn't so hard now was it?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I'd personally like something less crude for a T-bonus:

(1) Crits from PoH & CoH can now proc HC.

(2) Crit chance on FH increased by 10% when Renew is on the target.

(3) If a target with WS is healed by ProM, it recieves a HoT for X% healed over Ysec.

(4) Hymn of Hope always effects the priest casting the spell.

(5) Fade now permanently drops 30% aggro.

(6) PW:F & DS effects increased by X%.

(7) FHs and Smites casted from SoL now capable of a critical hit.

Off the top of my head. These have nothing to do with "balance," rather rough ideas to think outside the box. I liked when Tier gear actually allowed me to use a trick I couldn't w/o it, rather than a blase % increase to w/e.

Just tired of the old "5/10% bonus to crit/haste/SP for X Spell" model.

If only Blizzard would make 2 sets that you can trade in with your T# token where you can choose between haste and crit. For priests it wouldn't put holy and disc specs into crit or haste niches. But then again, DPS might ask for the same even if there are T# items with both crit and haste on them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    I'd personally like something less crude for a T-bonus:

(1) Crits from PoH & CoH can now proc HC.

(2) Crit chance on FH increased by 10% when Renew is on the target.

(3) If a target with WS is healed by ProM, it recieves a HoT for X% healed over Ysec.

(4) Hymn of Hope always effects the priest casting the spell.

(5) Fade now permanently drops 30% aggro.

(6) PW:F & DS effects increased by X%.

(7) FHs and Smites casted from SoL now capable of a critical hit.

Off the top of my head. These have nothing to do with "balance," rather rough ideas to think outside the box. I liked when Tier gear actually allowed me to use a trick I couldn't w/o it, rather than a blase % increase to w/e.

Just tired of the old "5/10% bonus to crit/haste/SP for X Spell" model.
    Yeah something like that would be freaking awesome. Though apparently (at least for priests, seeing as warlocks, rogues, druids often get something that could have been a new talent or spell as setboni) they want us to have completely generic, uninspired +X to something setboni. I remember the awesomeness of:

1. Your Greater Heals now have a heal over time component equivalent to a rank 5 Renew.
    2. On Greater Heal critical hits, your target will gain Armor of Faith, absorbing up to 500 damage.
    3. Each spell you cast can trigger an Epiphany, increasing your mana regeneration by 24 for 30 sec.
    4. Each time you cast Flash Heal, your next Greater Heal cast within 15 sec has its casting time reduced by 0.1, stacking up to 5 times.
    5. Your Prayer of Healing spell now also causes an additional 150 healing over 9 sec.
    6. If your Greater Heal brings the target to full health, you gain 100 mana.

Though one can see that setboni of yore transformed into glyphs and talents of today. From the above list: 2 is pretty much a divine aegis prototype, 3 became rapture, 4 the serendipity we know today, 5 is the PoH glyph, 6 is serendipity before the 3.1 patch.

Though I wonder why we (and some other classes of course) have to put up with uninspired +crit or +heal/damage crap, while other classes get awesome inspiring stuff. Death Knight T9 is a piece of uninspired crap, as is all of druids t9, with the exception of "Your Rejuvenation ability now has a chance for its healing to be critical strikes. " - holy crap I want that for renew.

I know nostalgia sucks, but back in vanilla pretty much every class had 1 setbonus on every set that could easily have been a talent or glyph (if they existed back then) instead. Rogues healing themselves upon vanishing? Sounds like a glyph. Hunters exposing weaknesses in Naxxramas? Sounds like a survival talent.

"Your initial cast and Regrowth ticks will increase the maximum health of your target by up to 50, stacking up to 7 times." - whoa that's a really nice buff right there, and an interesting mechanic.

Of course, back then there were also uninspired setboni. But for every "Increases damage caused by your Corruption by 12%." there was a "Your Shadow Bolts now have a chance to heal you for 270 to 330."

TL;DR Version: Blizzard seems to have lost the will to make inspired setboni, and instead shifted those mechanics into glyphs and talents. Dunno if that is a good or bad thing. But reading the frontpage T9 listings, it makes me sad because every single bonus besides maybe 2 or 3 reads "increased the crit/power of X" or "decreases the cooldown of Y". And even the 2 or 3 that are a little different are basically "X can now crit".
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Though I wonder why we (and some other classes of course) have to put up with uninspired +crit or +heal/damage crap, while other classes get awesome inspiring stuff. Death Knight T9 is a piece of uninspired crap, as is all of druids t9, with the exception of "Your Rejuvenation ability now has a chance for its healing to be critical strikes. " - holy crap I want that for renew.
    And suddenly the change for Holy Concentration now triggering on Empowered Renew crits instead of Renew crits in the patch notes makes a little sense... plans for a future patch?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Nesco
    If only Blizzard would make 2 sets that you can trade in with your T# token where you can choose between haste and crit. For priests it wouldn't put holy and disc specs into crit or haste niches. But then again, DPS might ask for the same even if there are T# items with both crit and haste on them.
    Not if setboni are one absolutly for discipline (some mechaninc about Penance or Pain Suppression, that a Holy Priest would not use) and one absolutly for holy (Circle of Healing and Guardian Spirit, for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    And suddenly the change for Holy Concentration now triggering on Empowered Renew crits instead of Renew crits in the patch notes makes a little sense... plans for a future patch?
    That was only a tooltip clarification, as Renew on its own can't crit... but yeah, should they ever -let- Renew crit, sexy sexy time.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

tbh, I've always felt that the tier sets should have attractive but not really 'must have' bonuses. If the 4pc bonus makes the tier gear that much better than any other gearset out there that can be assembled, it becomes a boring, drone-like mental task of figuring out what you want. 4pc T8 was like that for disc priests.

Putting a mortal strike effect (50% reduced effectiveness) on the T8 2pc bonus and calling it a T9 4pc bonus after also nerfing PoH is a bit of a slap in the face, though.

I'll be ooking forward to finding individual pieces for this next segment of raiding.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    That was only a tooltip clarification, as Renew on its own can't crit... but yeah, should they ever -let- Renew crit, sexy sexy time.
    Danner got a point. It wasn't a tooltip clarification because:

a) The tooltip already says Empowered Renew
    b) The note "HC now procs from Emp. Renew instead of Renew" was datamined and not in the patchnotes, meaning it was changed but not noted.

This could very well imply that they plan to make all healer (or at least druid + priest) hots crit at some time. And they already changed HC so it will, in the future, only proc from empowered renew crits and not from potential renew crits as it now could (if renew could crit that is).

Disc usually uses a mix of holy and Spriest gear, depending on Itemization and Set Bonuses.
    IE Spriest T8.5 Helm is BiS Disc i think?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

i still think the t9 set bonuses are perfectly fine for a disc priest but ya be nice to see a set just for disc it would be interesting what they would do with it.

Kinda agree, the 4-set bonus on tier 8 was kinda a slap in the face.

Tier sets are role-based, not talent-based.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Tier sets are role-based, not talent-based.
    That's why druids have ONE set for tanking AND melee dpsing right?

I just wish they made the set bonus more attractive.

I didn't find the set bonus of t7 attractive as a holy priest, the 2 part was 'nice' but i didn't bother going with more than 2 parts.

The t8 bonus also isn't attractive as holy: the 2 part bonus is nice, the 4 part bonus is really made for discipline.

I see the t9 set bonus and i am very dissapointed, there are so many ways of making the healing bonus attractive to both discipline and holy, and it seems so dull, boring.

There are many nice idea's on this thread - i hope blizz will copy paste some to make the set bonuses more attractive. Atm i just use mainly the 239 items and skip the bonus. I guess i'll be doing the same next patch.

yeah I totally agree, it's not like you hael as disc, it's for pew pew lazors'n lights from heaven and shit, give us a holy freaking kickass dps set

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    That's why druids have ONE set for tanking AND melee dpsing right?
    That's why mages, warlocks, rogues and hunters have one set, DK's have two, Warriors have two. Druids on the other hand are using dps stats to tank (and hey, they're already def capped by talents alone!).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~