Thread: retarded?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: retarded?

Placeholder aside what would be wrong with 4pc being 5% to Wrath/Starfire in t7 and 5% starfire only in t9.

Im sure with all the other stats you are gaining from going t7-> t9 losing 5% crit with wrath vs adding 1.18% total chance to crit (before gems) (5.22% crit rating on t9.5 5.14 on t7.5 520 int t9.5 333 int 7.5 giving you 1.1% from in <187 diff) and .08 from crit rating, incase you wanted to know my math). Not to mention the difference in spellpower you will have with t9.5 vs t7.5.

Perhaps they figured, with the bonuses already being allocated, that giving the same bonus as 7.5 would not be as balanced, especially with the eclipse buff they have given us.

Try it on the PTRs if you get the chance. Wear 4pc t7.5 vs 4pc t9.5 and see which has an overall superior dps, mix up the rotations as well to get the full effect, I for one am curious to see the results ^_^

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FourofaKind
    Placeholder aside what would be wrong with 4pc being 5% to Wrath/Starfire in t7 and 5% starfire only in t9.
    What would be wrong ? maybe the fact that even considering the stat change between t8 and t9, 2pt8 bonus >>> 4pt9, which would lead everybody to 2pt8 + 2pt9 and forget about the 4p bonuses ? (if eclipse change is confirmed at least, maybe a bit less interesting otherwise, but still way better than +5% crit on only one spell)
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla
    What would be wrong ? maybe the fact that even considering the stat change between t8 and t9, 2pt8 bonus >>> 4pt9, which would lead everybody to 2pt8 + 2pt9 and forget about the 4p bonuses ? (if eclipse change is confirmed at least, maybe a bit less interesting otherwise, but still way better than +5% crit on only one spell)
    its the same set bonus as t6, people didnt complain back then... honestly it seems yall have been spoiled since WoTLK or something...

8.5 has worse stats all around (less then 1/2 haste, ~200 spellpower (around 300 with int and spirit considered) ~1.2% crit etc), yet the 2 piece bonus is nice, 2 piece of 9.5 is also nice. I'll be more then happy to have both of em until I get 4 pieces of t9.5, but again, I think it would be interesting to see just how different they are. (e.g. take 2 pc 8.5 3pc9.5 or 2and1off vs 4pc1off 5pc t9.5 and see which is nicer.)

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)