Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ret still seems good in PvP on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Darkent
    I made a video of me dueling some players on Brill EU PTR server.
    Players are not the best, including me ;D. Video is made to show Ret dmg on PTR and new Exorcism/SoCommand.
    I don't feel weak, I can still beat every class fairly easy. I'll try to capture some arena matches if I find Disc Priest to play with. I can't tell how is Ret in arena yet (2v2 I mean) but it's still good for pwning noobs in BGs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiINrzgL8k0

Funny joke, really.

Apparently ret is still good in pvp on the PTR...

I went on there and did resto/ret (with my partner at 2350 atm) against another ret/resto (druids) and the damage was just laughable. We did about 10-20% in our 'burst' moments (aka ds/cs/judge)...its pathetic. If something doesn't change, arena might as well become healer/healer/healer vs x/x/x. My druid is laughing his a$$ off, he stays on 100% mana and never goes below 90%, that said he has yet to fight any warriors. Rogues he said were even worse than rets. Either arena will take a sharp turn towards casters, or healers are just going to be unkillable, have you seen some of the shaman changes? They'll be better than druids are now if it goes live like this.

However, im hoping that there are more changes. Especially for ret. I thought that i might see some warrior changes, but now playing on the ptr, warriors need to stay how they are atm for melee to even work.

And yeah, ret will always remain strong 1v1...who cares about that? Im glad 2v2 is being removed (or well not used) since ret is dead in there.

Quote Originally Posted by highwind01
    OH NOES !

Guess every player will miss the most balanced, most skillfull to play, most sympathic spec ingame :/
    im quessing some QQ whining Dk just still cant get over paladins? l2p

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenhour
    im quessing some QQ whining Dk just still cant get over paladins? l2p
    Get over what?The retri skill cap is about as high as the sea level.Death knights,while arguably OP,at least have to think before they hit buttons.

thx m8

uhm, an you help me maybe with setting icon of the buff like AoW, coz i cant find how to set it. and other textures sux
    EDIT: nvm found it

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture
    Get over what?The retri skill cap is about as high as the sea level.Death knights,while arguably OP,at least have to think before they hit buttons.
    Diseases = 1 + 2, 3-0 = lolfaceroll

srsly, so much harder when you have so many defensive CDs

lol, i tried dk today, and u know what? it was eaaasy, didint really have to think what to press, my rotation was:
    1-1-9-2-2-3-3

1=heart strike
    2=plague strike
    3=icy touch
    9=death grib
    now thats skill

Maybe the game was intended for people who had a hard time hitting the right buttons?

Have to think you say ? Uhhh you know what ? I always said that DK was for retards and a friend playing dk was always arguing that it was skilled and tha ret was a retarded class ... i rerolled a dk 1 month later i was 2k+ in blue gear playing mage dk and i can say it i don't know how to play dk i even stopped playing my dk after that . I asked my friend to do the same ... still waiting . Dk thinking before pushing a button ? lolilol

darkent, just need 2 more things.
    how to hide text from target in hud and how to set warning for HoW.
    Thx

EDIT: and hmmm i see you got a lot of notice about stun dispell and so on, and clock of shadow from org its imba how did you made that all ?

if DK's required skill you wouldn't have seen that many DK's over 2000 rating the first week of season 5.

What mod is showing the little square in the middle when your target uses defensive abilitys like cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCro
    darkent, just need 2 more things.
    how to hide text from target in hud and how to set warning for HoW.
    Thx
    U will have to get text thing alone. I don't understand what you asked.
    Warning from HoW is from Scrolling Combat Text addon.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCro
    EDIT: and hmmm i see you got a lot of notice about stun dispell and so on, and clock of shadow from org its imba how did you made that all ?
    What mod is showing the little square in the middle when your target uses defensive abilitys like cloak.
    Power Auras

I was capturing some healer duels but it's just plain boring I don't know why you want them.
    I captured some they last atleast 5min each so I won't be making video about it.
    Instead, I'll try to capture some arena matches when my 2v2 mate gets on PTR.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Isabis

15+ Year Old Account

i dueled some resto druid on the. he went down in a HoJ + AW up which made me startle

inspected him and he was pve geared..

Thanks Darkent.

First of all i would like to thank darkent for this video
    and i would like to reply to most of those people who keep QQing about rets, this is not trolling or spaming
    anyways i just wanna make it clear to those whinners about rets that ret dmg is burst without reduce healing/interupts or anything and if they have stun its 40 sec CD which is the only way that ret can kill his target and am talkin about arena.. that what really matter isnt it?
    i bet most of those whinners go into BG and be happy with there greenies/blues from northrend quests and a ret comes and kill him in 2 shot then they hit hte forum and see alot of people QQing about rets so they join them
    or play arena with 200 res at 1k+ rate and get 2 shotted
    i just wanna make this clear really before u whine take a look at other classes... you class ur ability l2 use them
    Personaly as a priest i consider ret dmg is the easiest to heal since after he faceroll his 3 buttoms am safe and can mana burn/disple dmg or w/e his partner yes thats true ret is not by problem in arena
    saying that ret is faceroller .. yes i agree when he dmg only but when it comes to definsive he must be fast and have timing using his CD's
    as a priest playing with ret yes darkent is my arena partner we figured alot of ways to beat teams and most of those ways using the ret ability, how to use it and when... for example we had trouble going from 2.2k to 2.350+ we had problem with rogue/priest so we came out with this idea.. when rogue come out he freedom me stun rogue then disple me so i can heal without wound on my yes that requires skills/timing and after all we hitted our rate
    and looking at other melee classes the all are facerollers tell me what do warr/druid do ? Cyclon and stick to a target ass?
    rogue/priest blind who used trinket fear on every CD and disple/burst target

my point is stop whining and QQing before u look at the class and other classes ... checking AJ ranking you wont see much rets in high rate as the warrs/dk/rogues are
    So please think before u post somthing

Regards.
    Zugy.

I've ben testing out pvp a lot and its not all that different. different seals, personally I didnt like SOM. Been using SOC, I dont like the reliance of a dot to do extra dmg. I also enjoy the little increase of skill needed for our class. Hopefully this next patch will make players shy away from pallies...but I doubt that heh.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    i dueled some resto druid on the. he went down in a HoJ + AW up which made me startle

inspected him and he was pve geared..
    Have fun dying in 3's without Resil is all I am going to say

Quote Originally Posted by Sevearith
    I've ben testing out pvp a lot and its not all that different. different seals, personally I didnt like SOM. Been using SOC, I dont like the reliance of a dot to do extra dmg. I also enjoy the little increase of skill needed for our class. Hopefully this next patch will make players shy away from pallies...but I doubt that heh.

What the fuck has changed? We still just hit whatever is off of cooldown. Crusader strike just feels retarded now.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson

What the fuck has changed? We still just hit whatever is off of cooldown. Crusader strike just feels retarded now.
    I don't normally just point and nod when someone raises a valid point.

But yeah.

QFT. Nothing has changed.