Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

paladin's anticlass?

i recently got (and still am getting) into an argument with my brother, who PvP's with an elemental shaman. he says that my class, the paladin, does not have an anticlass. warlocks are shredded by rogues, rogues are obliterated by paladins, but he says paladins do not have a class that can reliably beat them. he always often tells stories about how paladins defended/assaulted bases in AB, against not 1, not 2, but 3 other players, and won.

now, i play a paladin myself, but i always get raped by mages and hunters (although the latter is more L2P, i know, but no true PvP set). most of my BG experience is as a prot, but do retridins REALLY have no anticlass?

and does the same apply to death knights? what is the DK anticlass?

for the record: i define an anticlass as a class that with equal gear, level and skill, in 1vs1 combat, can beat another class without reasonable doubt.

Re: paladin's anticlass?

In duel (1v1) I believe not, however this doesn't matter ANYTHING. Bubble basically wins the duel.

Paladins can have trouble with a good mage....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    Paladins can have trouble with a good mage....
    with a bit spellstealluck its not hard i think

Paladin's anti-classes are mages Frost and warlocks Affliction.

Anything that knows how to kite.

a good frost mage if you have no trash debuffs on you or he can spell steal your bof.
    you bubble, he bubbles or invis and resets the fight

hunters are a bitch also if they are good

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel
    Anything that knows how to kite.
    SPriest can easily give a pala c*** :S Sorry for the bad language :P
    Im just that awesome >.<

WoW is not balanced around 1v1.

PRIEST.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    WoW is not balanced around 1v1.
    Good to see you're not paying attention to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Azim
    SPriest can easily give a pala c*** :S Sorry for the bad language :P
    If a Paladin knows how to use their cleanse button, SPriests are easy mode for them to kill. However if a Paladin forgets where his cleanse button is, yes SPriests will slaughter you.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys
    If a Paladin knows how to use their cleanse button, SPriests are easy mode for them to kill. However if a Paladin forgets where his cleanse button is, yes SPriests will slaughter you.
    Wrong, very.
    Stop dueling retarded priests.
    Can't be arsed to try to take that off if the priest is good, they have dispell protection and VT hurts, it will take time and the goal is killing them before they kill you, which is not that long and greatly favors the priest as the match goes on due to fear effects.

Should only dispell/holy light when the priest is repentanced or Dispersed, other wise JoL and AoW are your friends.

Good paladins know how to glyph for Salvation and use shadow Aura to try and kill the S.Priest before the 3rd Psychic Scream goes off or you're shit out of luck, by the 4th not even Divine Shield will save your ass.

mage and lock

15+ Year Old Account

frost and arcane mage - good ones.

hunter, why?

30% movespeed + can attack from over 20 yard = profit.
    pala use hand of reckoning to cause a daze? players are immune

unless ure a retard hunter then palas are simple to beat, might take long time as u shud always be moving away from the pala
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

What about a warrior? They've got that bubble removing throw now, right?
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

arent there other classes, that instead of not having a anti class, are not a anti class of anything

i mean, what gets slaughtered by a feral druid?

Disc Priests - mana burn
    Frost mages
    Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Raph
    In duel (1v1) I believe not, however this doesn't matter ANYTHING. Bubble basically wins the duel.
    Can you please tell me how a bubble wins any duel? Try to play as a pala then and see for yourself how usefull the bubble is.
    If any ranged class (mage, priest, hunter, boomkin, warlock ++) knows any thing about their class, i will never be able to even get near em before im dead. And when i bubble, i have to choises, heal myself (if i have any mana left), or try to close the distance. If i do a) im fucked, and if i do b) ill get to them with 2 sec left on bubble, and 50% hp (or less), and sure, i can do 22k dmg vs a 800+ resilience geared player in 2 sec with 50% dmg reduction. GG!

LOL

If a pala beats a ranged class in 1vs1, Then that player should L2P. Seriously.
    We have NO tools what so ever that is usefull vs a kiter.

Quote Originally Posted by PetoX
    Warriors
    Rets are Anti-Melee.