Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: paladin's anticlass?

Quote Originally Posted by mithharn
    DK is our anticlass, seriously. If any DK knows how to play he will kill us easily. He can kite us for example. What do we do then? Blessing of Freedom, but that doesn't mean we get close enough to kill them.

Any DK who knows his class will silence and interrupt us as often as he can. And guess what: He has 2 spells to do that, and neither has any long cooldown. Half of the fight you will be hacking at plate, because you have no spell you can cast. And even if you get some spells at them, a good pvper has anti-magic zone. They also have passive healing.

But to all the people who think pala is all burst ppl down in 3 secs, you're wrong. Any player who is specced/geared for PvP, or even have a little resilience, can survive that burst. And since pala is so OP, why can't we just do a new burst and pwn you? Why aren't rets the highest rated all along if we kill people so fast? Everyone who has played ret pala in arena know it takes skill. And think about how few people you can burst down in 1, 2, 3. That's only undergeared noobs or people with low resilience.
    Against DK prot can throw shield for a decent snare. Between bubble and hand of freedom you can keep up and with shield up (you have to keep him infront of you, best you can) he can't really do much damage. A self targetting cleanse on 1 button removes any diseases and between all that a DK's pretty neutered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

As an arcane mage, in a duel a ret is my play toy, in the arena there a pain in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    As an arcane mage, in a duel a ret is my play toy, in the arena there a pain in the ass
    That's because in an arena we have classes with us that make us good.

althought it wasnt specified in the thread. every1 seems to be talking about ret pallies. ret pallies dont have alot of anticlasses, but i think holy pallies have more anti classes than any1 else. i know healers arnt killers, but priests and druids can beat some pretty good ppl with hots and dots.

considering both contesting classes have the same lvl of gear and skill, holy pallies are beat by: rogues, mages, locks, any DK with heal mechanics, ele shamans, priests, and ret pallies. non-priest healer classes may not be able to beat me, but i sure cant kill them.

so the classes that i beat as a holy pally are hunters, warriors, and enh shammies.

ive beaten plenty of my anti classes due to differences in skill or gear, but if we are on equal lvls then it usually turns out like that
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

the drain tank aff lock is our nemesis. when they reappear in 3.2 we're dead.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

For holy-paladins the anti-class is priest. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by PetoX
    Disc Priests - mana burn
    Frost mages
    Warriors
    Reroll

[Sig Snipped]

Frost/arcane Mages and Priests (mana burn) are our only real true counter classes.

Frost and Fire mages annoy me. Not so much Arcane, Arcane is easy. Get too close to a fire mage and they just hit you with that Dragon's Breath and are 30 yards away before you come out of the disorient. The only problem with Arcane I have is that they can burst hard, but as they are very cast time dependent, I can usually reach them well before they can burst too hard.

But pretty much any class can be dangerous if our CDs are used up, especially ones that know that you should stay the hell away from us. Can't count how many times some squishy ranged class just stands there attacking and waits for me to get right up on them before trying to run away and then inevitibly die horribly.

For me personally, there are only 3 classes that really give me problems.

Mages [frost primarily]
    Warlocks [a good geared destro lock is fucking painful]
    Hunters [Survival hunters].

Oh and for 1v1's combat rogues fucking hurt, but I don't consider them an anti-class as you never run into them in pvp, just an honorable mention heh.

Mages. I mean, if the mage gets careless, then the paladin has a chance of killing the mage but good mages can run rings around paladins especially if spellsteal gets the paladins only real gap closer, HoF.

Good warlocks can bring pallys down easily as well. Can't can't how many times i've been fear locked, seduced to death.

Rogues played well can kill ret paladins easily enough. You'd be surprised how quickly a furious geared rogue can drop a ret paladin, assuming he vanishes + sprints after bubble and waits it out.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Serai
    arent there other classes, that instead of not having a anti class, are not a anti class of anything

i mean, what gets slaughtered by a feral druid?
    i am a feral druid. not a single priest, warrior, dk, hunter, shaman, warlock can beat me in a duel. retris are able to if i dont get the restealth or dont ahve survival and barkskin when he bubbles. only class i hate dueling is resto druid. cant kill them. except if they fail. good feral druid are able to beat any class if they play good in duels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dædric
    Good to see you're not paying attention to the topic.
    Good to see you didn't get the fucking point.

WoW isn't balanced around 1v1. So you shouldn't be looking for an anticlass.

/thread.

Now when it comes to mages, like i said earlier, they can be trouble. But i have seen PROT pallies take them out by playing smart and using their Avengers Shield silence wisely.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raph
    In duel (1v1) I believe not, however this doesn't matter ANYTHING. Bubble basically wins the duel.
    Wrong. wrong. wrong.
    Get a good rogue (750 resil skill required)
    A rogue will beat a paladin every.... time. a frost mage that knows how to kite... every time.... Bubble = sprint /trinket stuns-cloak-of-can't-be-cc'd-bitch and reset the duel and bam, 30 seconds no wings, and no defensive (divine protection) ability left. A rogue WILL win, a paladin with heavier resil might be more tough but the paladin is relatively EASY to lock down with stun/stun/disarm/gouge/blind /resetduel/garrote /kidney again /gouge.

A mage how to win = blink stun only + spell steal HoF = win
    Start teh duel with poly, repolly w/ a trinket use on it and spell steal everything for easy access to /steal freedom. and win.

Mage/rogue = antipaladin

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowysaint
    Wrong. wrong. wrong.
    Get a good rogue (750 resil skill required)
    A rogue will beat a paladin every.... time. a frost mage that knows how to kite... every time.... Bubble = sprint /trinket stuns-cloak-of-can't-be-cc'd-bitch and reset the duel and bam, 30 seconds no wings, and no defensive (divine protection) ability left. A rogue WILL win, a paladin with heavier resil might be more tough but the paladin is relatively EASY to lock down with stun/stun/disarm/gouge/blind /resetduel/garrote /kidney again /gouge.

A mage how to win = blink stun only + spell steal HoF = win
    Start teh duel with poly, repolly w/ a trinket use on it and spell steal everything for easy access to /steal freedom. and win.

Mage/rogue = antipaladin
    lol rogue beating a pally. funny man

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    lol rogue beating a pally. funny man

15+ Year Old Account

For a ret paladin my dk in tank gear gets the job done with more then 90% health.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

1. Anything that can burst/silence enough damamge before the bubble

2. Good/Geared DK

Quote Originally Posted by apepi
    For a ret paladin my dk in tank gear gets the job done with more then 90% health.
    tanks dont kill pallies >.>