Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: paladin's anticlass?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi
    For a ret paladin my dk in tank gear gets the job done with more then 90% health.
    you fight retarded pallys that dont use aow or chain it with SS or dispell or all of the above..... or you could retardedly outgear them and they are stupid enuff to stun you inside your Cds or attack from the front... equal skill, good ret pally>good tank.... bad ret pally<bad tank

Clearly Hunter especially BM wich have 10%movement speed +20 sec immunity to CC , also probably Mage and unholy-runetap DK.

I saw million times ret beating hunter in duel , but its cas most those hunters had no clue how to play.
    Not sure about surv or mm , but each time pala owns bm hunter in open range its doesnt mean that Ret is good , is just means that hunter is bad.

Good rogues. (VERY VERY VERY RARE)
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

15+ Year Old Account

As a warlock I consider paladins my easiest kill, with a felhunter obviously otherwise I might be in trouble
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

1V1?

Very good rogues.
    Elemental shamans.
    Bm Hunters.
    Survival Hunters.
    Very good priests.
    Good mages.
    And the occasional warlock.

The rest just has to be either lucky or really skilled.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Frost mages - I tend to ignore them in BGs cause I waste to much time getting kited
    Locks - destro with a succubus is the worst, with affliciton you can just bubble as soon as you get all the dots on you and you just wasted 5 gcds from them.
    Hunters - surv/marks, if you dont handle a marks hunter right away they will eat your face.
    Ele shamans - rare to find a good one that can kite and drag a fight out, but that how they can win.
    Rogue - a good rogue can win no problem if he uses his CDs right.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&cn=Ryevin

As others have stated, retpaladins is a anti-melee class.
    I have no problems killing Warriors, Enhancement Shamans and Feral Druids (Unless tankspecced). Good DKs can cause alot of trouble (9k frost strike :S), but i usually solo DKs. Rogues is a bit different, and i dont think you can actually put that class in a group. They are just so different from any other class, due to stealth. (And the ability to reset the fight countless times, if using their CDs in a good way)

Giving me the most trouble is by far mages. Ill list them, in the way i think it is.

Frost Mage
    Fire Mage (No shit, a good firemage can kick my ass)
    BM and MM hunters.
    Warlocks
    Priests (Especially disc, but a good shadowpriest can kill me aswell.)
    Very good elemental shamans.
    I've never encountered a single Boomkin, who could actually solo me. (Though they can drag the fight very long, and just wait for backup)

So to sum it up:
    Melee = Piece of cake, unless tankspecced
    Ranged + good rogues = Hard (Impossible vs. mages)

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

And not DKs? :S when i see 2500 furius geared dk dueling 2500 furius geared ret pala , dk always win.
    I personally suck and hateful/deadly geared but i still owned 90% of 1900-2000 Rated Ret palas from my realm wich is Stormscale/eu.

Feral Druid
    Resto Druid

All DK's

All mages

All hunters

All Priests

All rogues

Occasionally the Warlock

Rarely an elemental shaman, always resto shaman

Never the warrior
    Stormreaver.EU

I don't do a lot of 1v1 but I do do 2v2s. I hate anytime I get a disc priest
    and / or warlock. The RNG on fear can put you really far away, by the time
    you run back you are either feared again or they are healed to full. Fear is
    very easy to reset the DR on. Classes with multiple fears like Warlocks its
    almost easy for them to keep a 2v2 class fear-locked. Drain mana and mana
    burn makes me very ineffective. Dispel my bubble / divine plea. My absorbed
    judgements give me no mana return. Makes me a sitting duck.

Disc priest and destro lock for me

Once saw a disc priest with around 23% hp in WSG and thought it to be a easy mark on the kill counter. He outhealed my damage and kited me around till someone came for help... this took QUITE a while >_>

Also earlier today I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter by a destro lock (he was lower geared than I am) mainly because I met him every time unmounted, bubble on cd and HoJ on cd :\
    Also critted my 660 resi ass for 10k T_T

I'd say it's every and no class at the same time.
    The current skill levels of the WoW population are simply to far apart.
    Don't think there's any right or wrong here it's simply a matter of what classes you have learned to counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilie
    I'd say it's every and no class at the same time.
    The current skill levels of the WoW population are simply to far apart.
    Don't think there's any right or wrong here it's simply a matter of what classes you have learned to counter.
    Would love to see the Paladin, who've "learned" to counter a 2500 rated Frost Mage.

With good PvP gear, i find ret paladins fairly easy to kill as an elemental shaman. They are great with minimal gear, but don't scale as well when the competition starts getting more defense. I found that once i could survive the hand of justice and 2 GCD's, they became a lot easier to kill 'cause you can just cast in thier face.

Typical fight -
    1. i Get flame shock off first
    2. paladin stuns me and through a couple GCD's, knocks my health somewhere between 30- and 50% (This is assuming the worst - no trinket or thunderstorm up)
    3. Come out of stun, drop stoneclaw (with glyph gives ~4k damage absorb)
    4. Heal to full
    5. fire nova totem, lavaburst, chain lightning, thunderstorm, shock spell
    6. Almost dead? - wait for shock CD and go again.
    7. Not almost dead? - heal and repeat.

Without any true interrupts, i believe a caster is the ret paladin anticlass.

Quote Originally Posted by Amran20
    PRIEST.
    ^
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

funny how easy it is to tell who is bad in this thread.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Dædric
    Paladin's anti-classes are mages Frost and warlocks Affliction.

QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Serai
    arent there other classes, that instead of not having a anti class, are not a anti class of anything

i mean, what gets slaughtered by a feral druid?
    a destro lock without his circle up:P (to me ferals are even worse than rogues, can't seduce the fuckers)

edit: in 1v1 that is, in arena I can take them, they're just impossible to crowd controll with Fmage+Dlock setup.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.