Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadow Priest PvP changes suggested on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Endil
    Hello again,
    This time, I am suggesting something pertaining to Shadow Priests. At the moment, mana regeneration for them is horrid in PvP. With the nerfs to Divine Hymn and the DR on Blind/Fear, something must be given to Shadow Priests. Fade removing snares was a good start, but why was the healing from Dispersion removed? Also, Dispersion being a Shadow Priest's only REAL form of mana regen is unfair. Teams that face a Shadow Priest focus his/her partner, and wait for the Shadow Priest to go oom. Once oom, he/she must use Dispersion. After Dispersion drops, it's time to kill that Shadow Priest. I would like to suggest the following:
    1: Make Prayer of Mending a Discipline spell.
    2: Improved Shadowform, in addition to what the talent does now, also allows you to ing a Discipline spell.
    regenerate mana equal to 25% of Intellect.
    3: Shadow Affinity, in addition to what the talent does now, causes your Shadow spell critical strikes to cause you to enter a Clearcasting state. While under the effects of Clearcasting, your next 2 damaging spells have their mana cost reduced by 60%.
    4: Shadow Power, in addition to what the talent does now, causes your Shadow DoT critical strikes to allow you to place a Power Word: Shadow Shield on a friendly target, absorbing 2,000 damage + 80% spell power. Power Word: Shadow Shield does not cause the Weakened Soul debuff. 8% base mana.

I feel that these changes are very important to Shadow Priests. If the game designers feel the same way, I'd like to continue helping design these changes more deeply. If you need to reach me, do so as you please!

Thank you!

Endil of <Vex> - Thunderlord US

What do you all think? Maybe we can get enough to actually get these changes through :P
    How does "1: Make Prayer of Mending a Discipline spell." help shadowpriests?

Quote Originally Posted by Rymezz
    How does "1: Make Prayer of Mending a Discipline spell." help shadowpriests?
    Usable in Shadow form.

I'd like to se a movment slowing spell, makes it easier for uss to kite heavy melees. atm we got no chanse against rouges/warrs/dks or cats

tho the movment slowing effect wont be a good tool against a rouge who rly do fuck me up in a cc or my healer.

A spell similar to vanish would be nice to see aswell i think. mixture of blink maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonixis
    What? Perhaps in PvP, but in PvE it's GOD.
    I feel sorry for you.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Perhaps make dispersion work like some sort of invisibility spell like mages have

Dispersion (5 min cooldown)
    You disperse into the fields of shadow, vanishing from the astral plane for 10 seconds restoring 5% health and mana every 1 second and removing any snare effects currently on the player. While dispersed you cannot cast any spells.

Written on iPod touch, sorry of there's any typo's

Add a second effect to Mind Mastery that reduces the cast time of Mind Control by 1.5 seconds (0.5 seconds per rank). This would let us actually get this cast off sometimes, and might let us MC a character in melee range and march him away from us, or let our DoTs tick down a little without them being dispelled.

Change Pain and Suffering to make Shadow Word: Death heal us for the damage it does, instead of reducing the damage it does. It would heal us for less than Prayer of Mending, and it is on a longer cooldown, so it would hardly be overpowered, especially since other classes can heal while doing damage in PVP, like Ret Paladins with the instant Flash of Light procs.
    Dropping Shadowform to heal makes us take 15% more damage, and we lose our snare removal with fade, and our interrupt reduction. In exchange we can cast heals with no talents to support them.

Add a second effect to Shadow Word: Death, either a 2-3 second stun or a 3 second root, on a deep shadow talent. This could let us possibly have a chance of getting away from melee. The stun would be balanced by the SW cooldown, and the fact that it would share DR with other stuns and itself, meaning the second cast would only stun for 1-1.5 seconds.
    It would also mean better communication between the Shadowpriest and his team mates in order to make effective use of the stun, because if timed badly it would half the duration of your team-mates stuns because of the diminishing returns.

Change the Dispel protection on Vampiric Touch to a stun instead of the tiny amount of damage it currently does.

Improved Psychic Scream renamed Psychic Torment, now reduces the cooldown on Psychic Scream and Psychic Horror by 15%/30%
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Add a second effect to Mind Mastery that reduces the cast time of Mind Control by 1.5 seconds (0.5 seconds per rank). This would let us actually get this cast off sometimes, and might let us MC a character in melee range and march him away from us, or let our DoTs tick down a little without them being dispelled.
    And what would you do, when you have 3 melee's around you??
    usually spriest are the first to get killed, because even with a healer, we are still a easykill..

I wonder when blizzard will do something about this..
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

15+ Year Old Account

Make the slow debuff of mindflay stay on the target for 5-6 seconds no matter how long mindflay was cast. Voila, suddenly we are able to kite melee. At least trying to.
    Oh and of course, make Mindflay 30 yards base range FFS.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Nosfertin
    Perhaps make dispersion work like some sort of invisibility spell like mages have

Dispersion (5 min cooldown)
    You disperse into the fields of shadow, vanishing from the astral plane for 10 seconds restoring 5% health and mana every 1 second and removing any snare effects currently on the player. While dispersed you cannot cast any spells.

Written on iPod touch, sorry of there's any typo's
    uninteruptable (glyphed?) evocation doesnt sound OP- at all

Quote Originally Posted by bovaja
    uninteruptable as its instant, evocation is a base spell from mages, this would be our 51 point talent in shadow

this would give us an escape talent in PVP, and could still be used in PVE for mana/health if needed

Quote Originally Posted by bovaja
    Your signature says you play a death knight and a rogue. If you actually have a hard time killing a Shadowpriest with either of those, you should try some other tactic than slapping the keyboard with your face.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Last thing we need is Dispersion on a longer CD.

Dispersion is an excellent spell, Its just not worth its 51pt standing.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

the talent as i made it, would be to OP with a 3 minute cd (glyphed 2 min 15 seconds), 5 min (4 min 15 seconds glyphed) seemed like a good cooldown

I think we really need to break down what Works and what Doesn't in Shadow PVP.

Honestly, Shadow PVP is ALMOST there. The last changes they made were a step in the right direction in terms of raw survivability, but still do not come close to solving our mobility issues. We can take ALOT of damage in PVP, the only problem is, our mobility sucks so much that once we're locked down by a rogue, or another CC, we're done. The only option we have left is to blow our Dispersion, and that doesn't do much good against stuns, and we're still moving at regular run speed.

I've suggested this before, but having an ability that phases us out for a few seconds would probably be what we need, and here are the reasons why.

Phasing us out for a few seconds prevents the weakness of predictability. Mages have their blink, warlocks have their teleport, and Shadow Priests could simply fade into the "Shadow Realm" or whatever and get away from the clusterf**k that we always seem to get trapped within. While it doesn't affect our speed directly, it gives us a few moments to get away and to a place where the enemy might not predict us to go.

Of course while we're phased out, we'd be unable to see anyone else in the "Shadow Realm" so that would prevent us from unloading our spells while invisible.

Any spells we cast would of course, bring us OUT of being phased.

Really this ability would just give us time to get to a safe location.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

OR Blizzard could just give us what we've been asking for and buff Improved Fade so that for a few seconds we'd become IMMUNE to movement impairing effects. It would seem like the best thing since it's on a short cooldown as well.

Heck, make Mind Soothe do something useful in PVP.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by zelcione
    well never seen a shadow priest topping the dps meters. maybe sometimes in aoe but not on single target bosses :/ but how are they not underpowered in pve in your opinion?
    Just because they don't top meters means they are underpowered? So you think they should always top the meters then? Wouldn't that be overpowered by that same definition in reverse? Where should they be on the meters to be balanced?

Where we are on the meters has 0 to do with whether we are underpowered or not. You obviously don't listen to blizzard because they have stated many times that pure dps classes will get a slight benefit to their dps and they should be slightly ahead of the hybrid classes and that is exactly where we are at the moment.