Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

The best uses I have found for Holy nova, are the folowing...

1. Great for the Dance phase in Naxx againts Heigan the Unclean.

2. After Vortex in the Malygos fight when everyone gets dropped down in a huge stack, it's
    perfect for quickly spamming a few novas to get yur grp topped off.

3. The way my guild does Auriaya in Ulduar is we stay stacked, its great there also for AoE heals.

IMO, if yur grp stays stacked on you, its much better then CoH, espesially glyphed. and im Disc,
    so needless to say i use it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by thedankson

-GS I always use [except Algalon].
    -CoH I always use.
    -The 3rd glyph I swap in and out very often. HN, FH and PoH [to a lesser extent] all get used.
    So you could prove that in any of the Ulduar encounters you use more Holy Nova than Flash Heal and PoH?

I'm gonna reveal you the secret den of Hogger's Father if you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    So you could prove that in any of the Ulduar encounters you use more Holy Nova than Flash Heal and PoH?

That's not the issue here. It's about which glyph is more beneficial to your raid. Being that we can easily swap glyphs between fights now, it's just lazy to pick 3 glyphs and never swap them. Sometimes mana is not an issue at all and that makes the FH glyph worthless [for that fight]. Sometimes, well basically 95% of the time, the PoH HoT isn't going to save anyone's life. On the other hand, being able to hit your party with HN, for about 1/2 the healing done as PoH, while on the move will save someone's life. A lot of the time a full PoH will be a lot of overheal and a HN is amazing for topping your ranged party off while saving your CoH for other players.

I allways roll with GS(because I just love it. Its great to pop GS to save a raid member, or to put it on the MT and then being able to focus on keeping someone else alive without having to worry that hes gonna get killed.), CoH(because one more person getting CoH is one more person less likely to die :P), and PoH(because it just feels nice to have an extra hot ticking off while you PoH the next group )

I myself never used the HN glyph, but another priest did on mimiron and it works really nice, 3-4.5k heals, which you might think it way to much for an instantly spammable heal. the downside with HN is its range and mana cost, its easy when youre on the move to have one person get out of range for a sec and miss one, and spamming it will burn alot of mana. Even so i find it very intresting that someone finaly thought of a use for HN(Ive said since i saw the glyph that it could be good, but never botherd to test it :P).

It does however give you the advantage of a CoH, instant, but it doesent have a CD, which can make it superior to CoH if used right, and is very usuable in fights like mimiron where you have to be on the move quite alot. If you group up and mark each priest in that group and tell people to stay around him/her, HN is a very effective heal.

Also, since this spell is aoe its not affected by LoS either, which kinda tempts me to try it in pvp :P, specialy if the new glyph is 20% more dmg(if youre already good at kiting people around boxes/pillars, this could prove to be a dangerous spell if used right) and im very eager acculy to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart

Thorim Hardmode my dear

The whole arena phase gets healed with 95% holy nova in our raid... For us it reduces the chance of a healer getting butwhipped by some curious iron dwarf a lot.

I use holy nova to breeze through oldworld stuff. I mean it's faster to holy nova spam with a huge group then to spec shadow and mind sear/dot.

I just wish my priest was a mage and the glyph will make that a reality in one respect.