Disc Priest Gearing Question - (PvP)

Hey,

I've had my priest at level 80 for a few weeks now and have acquired a full set of Hateful Mooncloth gear with the deadly off-pieces etc etc. I am currently sitting with 947 Resilience and 23.k HP buffed. However my spell power is quite low (1753). I am still grinding to get the SP Battlemaster trinket and have non-pvp weapons.

I play rogue/priest in 2v2 and RMP in 3v3, with a my warrior friend sometime replacing the mage.

What I want to know is:

- should I re-gem/re-enchant some items.
    - should I alter my spec.
    - should I aim to change some gear for a more suitable piece.

Thanks in advance.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...scale&n=Oleana

Re: Disc Priest Gearing Question - (PvP)

Well to me your spec looks good. I would change your pws glyph for inner fire glyph. The extra armor is much better!

It looks like you could aford to drop some resilence for sp if
    I was you I would replace you trinkets with.
    Titan-forged rune of audacity from wg
    and,
    Battlemaster's bravery trinket from honor.

Will give you big sp boost but drop your resillence alot
    you could gem for more resillence and less spell power
    since you would be near 2k spell power.

Hey,

Thanks for the information, but I have another question regarding Spell Penetration. When I was looking for a cloak enchant for PvP I checked out the armory and noticed that all priests I had seen were using the 35 Spell Penetration enchant. After looking a bit more I noticed that quite a few people are using the +9 SP/+10 Spell Pen gems. I wanted to know if it is worth altering some of my gems to these. Would it be worth replacing them and how much Spell Penetration I should be aiming for. What is the biggest benefit I could see from this? More reliable Mass Dispels?

Thanks again.

bear, I have a quick question:

Why did you go with Enlightenment over Divine Aegis?

I have not pvp'd since the patch for burst damage last fall and thinking about trying it again.

Quote Originally Posted by rboa
    bear, I have a quick question:

Why did you go with Enlightenment over Divine Aegis?

I have not pvp'd since the patch for burst damage last fall and thinking about trying it again.
    I used Divine Aegis in a previous spec without Silent Resolve (Newly 80), when I decided to pick up Silent Resolve I wanted to keep the haste from Enlightenment over the effect the Divine Aegis gives (As I barely crit as it is). I find myself doing a lot of DPS'ing in arena just to get that nuke, I find that the extra haste comes in handy in that kinda of situation as well as an 'oh shit!' healing situation.

Honestly after looking at your armory.

249 Arena matches and your arena rating is only 1191 in priest/rogue which is insanely easy to play.

With you and your partners gear/spec you guys should be 1.8k - 2k rating easily by now.

I'd say it's not about your gear at all, but rather you or your partner is doing something really wrong in arenas. Your rogue partner shouldn't be taking much dmg at all. Allowing you to dispel / fear / mana burn the other healer. That's the whole strength of this comp. When rogue has their dps in a sap / stun / blind / dismantle / interrupting spells / cloak of shadow. Is when you should be very aggressive on their healer.

Quote Originally Posted by beartrucci
    I used Divine Aegis in a previous spec without Silent Resolve (Newly 80), when I decided to pick up Silent Resolve I wanted to keep the haste from Enlightenment over the effect the Divine Aegis gives (As I barely crit as it is). I find myself doing a lot of DPS'ing in arena just to get that nuke, I find that the extra haste comes in handy in that kinda of situation as well as an 'oh shit!' healing situation.
    Thanks for the answer. It is interesting that the disc pvp talent selection seems to have more room for personal choice than the pve selections. Very neat!