So, what if Ensidia lied?

This hit me last night, actually. Skip down for the tldr.

1. Exodus down Yogg, either legit or via an exploit, doesn't matter.
    2. Ensidia claims they found a P3 exploit, doesn't directly accuse Exodus of using it.

What strikes me as odd is Ensidia's handling of the situation. They claimed they found the bug, but didn't use it, however that goes against their usual.. actions. They used the Polinate bug/glitch/whatever on Hodir, justifying it as two things (unless I'm misunderstanding their statement)

1. It's not a world first, so.. meh.
    2. They needed to use it in order to not be left behind on grabbing firsts/progression.

If they had used the yogg bug, it wouldn't have been world first, and would have stopped them from falling behind.. but I'll get back to that.

Also, if they found this bug, and know it works, they would have to (most likely) physically be in the P3 of yogg, I find it unlikely that people, especially competitive human beings in top guilds, would have found an exploit mid fight.. then simply said "well, he's bugged, just die and hearth."

Now, 3.2 is coming along.. soon, I mean, I'm guessing 1-2 months tops, and there's a new raid, with new world firsts. It's reasonable to assume that the 'top' guilds right now are farming gear in order to have a better shot at 3.2. Assuming Exodus is able to repeat their kill, this puts them at a huge advantage in terms of gearing up their raiding team.

It's also odd that Blizz not only hasn't commented, but hasn't issued a fix or a lockdown. In the past with Freya's bug, they temporarily took out the badges until there was a fix. If there was an axploit of epic loots, they would probably have locked Yogg's loot down temporarily until they could fix it.. or something.

tl;dr / summary:
    I think Ensidia never found an exploit. I believe they made the claim (and then continued pushing for that video release) in order to force Exodus to post their strategy, allowing them to make use of said strategy, so they could gear up faster to prepare for 3.2

Again, no proof, just theory, speculation, and alot of Mountain Dew.

/begin flaming and handegg.

Re: So, what if Ensidia lied?

I wouldn't call the Polinate use an "exploit". DIing Razorgore in BWL to make the adds go away is an exploit. Using Polinate or spelling stealing from the DKs in Naxx falls more under "creative use of game mechanics".

Although I'm not sure if people got band for Polinate or Boneshield theft, but I know they did for DIing Razorgore.

Re: So, what if Ensidia lied?

That's some pretty silly conspiracy stuff, imo. It sounds like you're saying Ensidia is all 'we are lying to draw our enemy out of hiding so that he may reveal his strategy to us.. and then.. THEN OUR TRAP WILL BE SPRUNG!!!' or something.

Honestly, Ensidia says they've sent the info about an exploit to Blizzard, so.. if they're lying, then it would be a pretty godawful lie. It would be like when somebody asks 'hey, did you wash the windows?' and you answer 'yes.' And then you look at the windows and they are dirty. It would be an easily overturned lie, so why would Ensidia bother lying?

Also, I still don't think Ensidia's defeat of Hodir was really an exploit - they used spellsteal to gain a buff they would not normally have, not evade-bugged Hodir or freed the adds early or anything, or bugged him so the counter didn't start properly or anything.