Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Shadowpriest Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    well, i think he meant that mind control isn't just a "stun"(for the lack of a better term) but besides the enemy being "stunned" he also attacks his allies.
    "Question 17: Mind Control although this is a fun spell it isn't very useful in pvp situations because it leaves your character immobile for however long and randomly breaks. Could mind control make the controlled target your pet but movable by using the same mechanic used to place a death and decay?

We might do something like that for pets in general. Mind Control however is a really powerful ability. Not only does it prevent the target from doing anything, it also lets you use their abilities against their allies. It's going to be hard for us to remove too many downsides from the effect."

i don´t know about you but a rarely can use mutilate when mind controlling a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Or, better yet, how about a company, that sells a product, providing a way for their customers, who purchase the product, to enjoy themselves the way they wish?

I think people readily forget that this isn't some "society," but a product that YOU buy. When that product changes, and you become dissatisfied, the answer isn't "have this instead."

Scenario #1:

Customer: Hi, BMW, I bought this 3series, and it was good for a while, but after bringing it into your shop, it doesn't drive the same. Can you fix it so I can enjoy my car like before?

BMW: No.

Customer: Oh, well then I expect you will replace it with a new 3series that works like my old one did.

BMW: I'm sorry, but we have decided that the old 3series just didn't balance well with our other products. How about having a 5series convertible instead?

Customer: ...but I want my 3series.

BMW: You'll like the 5series convertible much better, trust me.

Bystander:
    Yeah, quit your bitching and take the 5series convertible!

those bystanders piss me off!!!

/angry

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Honestly, I'm still very happy with Dispersion for soloing and PvE. They can't make it baseline, as it would be extremely overpowered for PvP healing.

I don't think we should keep dwelling with Dispersion as a talent, and rather focus on all the other problems. One spell is hardly our biggest concern, specially when the said spell saved players/guilds from dying, and beating encounters.
    I agree in the pve factor of the Dispersion. It's very nice for leveling and can be a true lifesaver in pve.
    My problem with Dispersion is it's pvp factor; it's utter garbage.

Yes, it's mostly pvp questions, but tbh, pvp is the problem. We are doing pretty well in pve (though Stryker might disagree).

Edit: Ow and his answers are an insult to the shadowpriest community.

Quote Originally Posted by kainron
    honestly? quit your bitching find a rogue and go disc.
    What is the sense in playing in a tree that I don't like. If I wanted to heal, I would play holy. Being that most shadowpriests change their spec and have to find a rogue to get anywhere in the arena is a bunch of crap. Why play a style you don't like?

Blizzard has failed horribly in regards to shadowpriest PVP. (PVE shadowpriests are fine)

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbunker
    Yes, it's mostly pvp questions, but tbh, pvp is the problem.
    Indeed, but it'll not help to re-design a PvE ability.

Physic Horror is a step forward, but Blizzard could easily allow more PvP talents in deep shadow, as equivalent to deep discipline.

Indeed, but it'll not help to re-design a PvE ability.

Physic Horror is a step forward, but Blizzard could easily allow more PvP talents in deep shadow, as equivalent to deep discipline.
    /agree

Honestly, I'm still very happy with Dispersion for soloing and PvE. They can't make it baseline, as it would be extremely overpowered for PvP healing.

I don't think we should keep dwelling with Dispersion as a talent, and rather focus on all the other problems. One spell is hardly our biggest concern, specially when the said spell saved players/guilds from dying, and beating encounters.
    Yeah, I don't mind by 51point holy talent being GS. Anyone who has raided hard-esque content as a Holy Priest will attest to the awesomeness of a well timed GS. It isn't some wizbang spell like WG or Penance, but tbh, I don't even know how many more short/noCD healing spells I need in holy. I like the utility spells... it adds more flavor.

I would imagine that Dispersion is similar.

This is what I hear from my Spriests mostly:

(1) It sucks that MC can be used on so few humanoid mobs in PvE.
    (2) Worries that scaling will be a serious issue by the end of WotlK.
    (3) Make Mind Sear target-able on allied players.
    (4) Silence needs to have a different preq. than Imp PsyScrm.

Priests are healers. Shadow is a questing/leveling spec. Period.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

I love those "bystanders" who barge in and sprout something wise like "LOL GO DISC". It's kinda hard to break it to morons that healing and dpsing are 2 completely different things, such as driving a bike and doing scuba-diving.

About what GC said - I also just read "No." to everything. It just proves that priest community is way smaller, and naturally, filled with less qq-ing retards.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    Priests are healers. Shadow is a questing/leveling spec. Period.
    I beg of you, ignore the troll. Do not feed his rage.

Actually, i'm not a troll. I have a priest. Yes it's level 80. I've done both heal and shadow in pvp and pve. There is MINIMAL viability for shadow priests in either aspect. Again, MINIMAL. I've been playing this game for four years, I know how it works. I research profusely every class I play. I don't speak out of context. So to call me a troll (which I find mildly amusing) is just your little child way of agreeing with me as far as i'm concerned.

Oh, and I don't rage. I'm a happy person.

The only interesting point was the admission that VT dispel penalty was laughable. That at least was a start.

There are 4 maybe 5 other buffs you could make to shadow PvP that would at very most make Shadow priests widely competitive without even hinting at overpoweredness.

Some of the questions responded to were on the "crass" side and as this is clearly not THE class Q&A, i'm not going to get too upset about it just yet, but the manner, tone and intelligence of some of the GC responses were not what I would commonly expect from someone in his position.

His opening line "Alright. Shadow priests feel ignored. I get it" is condescending at best, at worst is shows a blatant disreguard and trivialisation of customer concerns.

If I were his employer, I'd be taking a close interest in the performance of my "Lead Systems Designer".

Edit: Please ignore the troll

Actually, i'm not a troll. I have a priest. Yes it's level 80. I've done both heal and shadow in pvp and pve. There is MINIMAL viability for shadow priests in either aspect. Again, MINIMAL. I've been playing this game for four years, I know how it works. I research profusely every class I play. I don't speak out of context. So to call me a troll (which I find mildly amusing) is just your little child way of agreeing with me as far as i'm concerned.

On this forum, if you think Nezoia and his groupies are wrong you are automatically a troll, if u prove them wrong they report you, ive been suspended twice now. Its amusing.

Shadow isn't useless, its just not unique anymore and they are underpar at everything except survivability in PVE and AoE.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

I've been playing for four years too, who cares? Bunch of people have, it doesn't make them an authority on anything. And there's plenty of viability for shadow priests, as they provide useful buffs such as Misery, which is extremely useful if you don't have a Moonkin or if you want to save your Moonkin three points for more useful talents. They're also extremely mana conservative and don't run into OOM issues much, very attractive in a caster DPS. Multidotting also makes them attractive along with Mind Sear now, since most fights employ multiple targets in encounters.

The problem is an issue with haste not being that great a stat between soft caps and an issue with a lack of real dot scaling, both problems similar to Affliction locks. Basically like damage pleateau'ing.

Well, it's obvious that TheOne and Strukzor is trolls, who are so terrible at playing priest, they just have to whine to justify their terrible dps and healing.

It's good the non-retarded priest and raiding community think otherwise. I'm sure Strykzor would come and claim Guardian Spirit is useless on Mimiron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?

?

This thread is about the faults in GC's statement about the state of shadowpriests in pvp. You roll up and throw around some pretty extreme comments not specifically related to the original post?

You, sir, are a troll.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

i was surprised after i saw a priest Q&A topic, but after i read it, i want to go /emo GC is smoking or using something, if he claims that mind control is OK, we don't need something for our survivability in pvp, because we have PScream, Dispersion and an disarm spell! Simply woot. plus the comparison to mage survivability, i was just WTF 0_o.. I'm really disappointed in GC answers, tho the questions could be asked a lil bit better just my 2 cents

P.S sorry for my grammar mistakes, English not my main language

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    On this forum, if you think Nezoia and his groupies are wrong you are automatically a troll, if u prove them wrong they report you, ive been suspended twice now. Its amusing.
    Honestly, I could care less about Nezoia and his groupies. They are not the end-all, be-all of shadow priest existence.

Well, it's obvious that TheOne and Strukzor is trolls, who are so terrible at playing priest, they just have to whine to justify their terrible dps and healing.

It's good the non-retarded priest and raiding community think otherwise. I'm sure Strykzor would come and claim Guardian Spirit is useless on Mimiron.
    For one, there was absolutely no whining being done on my part. So you made yourself look ignorant with that statement. Secondly what does Guardian Spirit have to do with shadow priests? Now your getting off subject.

Can we please STAY on-topic here. Do not enter the troll flame war.

The topic that the OP presumably is discussing is the responses from Blizzards "Lead Systems Designer" to a "Wish-list" of questions from a rondom US Shadow Priest.

Despite some of the questions being on the stupid side, they illicited a lot of interesting and very revealing responses from GC, which if you read between the lines could tell you a lot about how the developers view the state of Shadow right now.

My primary concern is Shadow PvP, which I'm sure pretty much everyone (even most other classes) is in a relatively poor state compared to other class/specs.

I do not want to "go disc" or PvE Holy. I am not even vaguely interested in healing anything (apart from myself and maybe an arena partner). I play shadow because thats what I enjoy. Its only reasonable to want this Spec to be something better thn it is now in PvP.

Retorts along the lines of "shadow is leveling spec" or "lol get a rogue n go disc" are not helpful.

Actually, i'm not a troll. I have a priest. Yes it's level 80. I've done both heal and shadow in pvp and pve. There is MINIMAL viability for shadow priests in either aspect. Again, MINIMAL. I've been playing this game for four years, I know how it works.
    Having the highest possible damage in the most difficult encounter in the game is clearly totally useless, right?

People are not calling you a troll for disagreeing with them. They are calling you a troll for trolling with deeply stupid posts like saying that Shadow is only ever intended to be used for levelling.

Now, back to the topic. I suppose we can wait to see what change (if any) they bandaid over the horrible dispel protection on Vampiric Touch, and if they plan on making any other changes to Shadow at all. I can honestly see the QA ignoring Shadow completely with a handwave and a "I have already discussed Shadowpriests, we need to talk about the other specs now.".

Apart from that I am honestly confused as to if Ghostcrawler has actually had a look at Shadowpriest representation in arenas compared to the other specs. In 2v2 and 3v3 over 2k rating, it is about 10%, with the other 90% being either Holy or Disc. But I suppose if we have one talent tree that is very good at PVP, we are not going to get a fix, even if that other talent tree is focused on a completely different aspect of the game than DPS.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.