Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Shadowpriest Q&A

even though he made it clear what he meant with "powerfull mc and all that" and "ill proofread what I wrote" thats just svada. If he proofread what he writes then he atleast must see how retarded most of his things are, like "A great number, if not a majority, of Shadow priests have Dispersion so it's hard to argue it isn't attractive" wtf? I say again what the f***? Number 51 talent should not be just badly attractive that just "most" specc it, gg.

Well who am I to complain, just look on rogues for pvp, dont specc number 51 talent, not becuase its not good ,becuase they are good number 51 talent, but they got 3 dps speccs to choose from and many, many abilities from different speccs they want. What do we got? ONE F'ING DPS SPECC, with a number 51 talent many even dont know if its worth speccing? Thats retarded, when you have 1 dps specc it should need something to make up for having just 1 dps specc, not "ehm most specc it, that makes it attractive, I think?"

And forgot to mention; whats up with the 4 set PVP bonus for sp? The same as a Disc Priest gear, 2 sec less cd on shield (or to be more exact, 2 sec less of the debuff caused by shield), but only one itsy bitsy problem there. Our shield SUCK compared to a discs shield (like disc shield; more dmg absorb, lots of buffs (25% haste, 3% less dmg and so on), damage given on hit etc) but whats with shadow priest shield? 4-5k shield? I dont say 4-5k shield is bad thing, but come on! its not that its cheap as a disc shield (almost 900 mana for us) and you nearly ever get to put it up every 13 sec on yourself if your hit on (something called global cooldown that is always for us on all abilites almost is in the way)
    Atleast why couldnt the set bonus have been something USEFULL for us? Look at druids, 20% speed in all forms, or rogue; 10 more energy which improves their burst. We could have got some, maybe some mana back gained of our dmg, or maybe when movement impared; heres mana (like dk gets runic power) or something atleast useful

15+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry my comment about MC confused people. I have to think of everything in terms of PvP and PvE and I slipped into a PvE answer on a PvP question. It is very potent CC in 5-player dungeons. I don't think it's worthless in PvP, though I admit it's situational.
    OMG I'm such a noob, I don't use MC in 5 mens. Seriously the more I read from GC the more I get pissed. We use MC in PvE but not in 5mens dude. My granny would have come up with better answers.

Situational in PvP? As in only usable in AB when you and few more are fighting 1-2 enemies at LM and non of them is hitting you and doesn't get out of range before the spell's cast time is over? that is exactly what I had in mind for situational.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo
    OMG I'm such a noob, I don't use MC in 5 mens. Seriously the more I read from GC the more I get pissed. We use MC in PvE but not in 5mens dude. My granny would have come up with better answers.

Situational in PvP? As in only usable in AB when you and few more are fighting 1-2 enemies at LM and non of them is hitting you and doesn't get out of range before the spell's cast time is over? that is what I exactly had in mind for situational.
    I mind controlled a BE priest in a BG once, ran him around a corner, and watched 3 Ret pallies and 1 DK absolutely destroy him. I laughed so hard I'm still chuckling about it. Other than "haha" moments like that, there is no real "strategic" application of MC, unless it is used to burn an interrupt as Disco or Holy(PVP?). IDK what would be so difficult about allowing you to use some base abilities from each class when you MC a player. Like Mage: firebolt, frostbolt, poly. Shaman: lhw, LB, & FS. ...and so forth.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, i love to throw people away from LM with Mind Control. But that's it. =/

Facemelting people since 2005.

koledownik unfrotunately there are more fights we get outdps'd than we outdps others.... kolo i am low on dmg simply cause people AoE their head of adds even if it isn't right.... low i mean like 5th at vezax at hodir mirmiron and yogg yes i can see my self first...but again i might see our lock or mage out dps me... and at thorim i haven't seen my dps p2 i see my dps overall and still i am 2nd -3d...
    anw bottom line is that in most fights.... we get outdps'd/outdmg'd
    but the problem is that shadow priests need to know how to play their class to be in top 5.... mages on the other hand for example need to spam 3 buttons.... easy win

Cheers

Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Frizer
    Well, i love to throw people away from LM with Mind Control. But that's it. =/
    I spent almost four months at 39's on my priest, for good times. And then when I found out how awesome Mind Control was, there was much giggles to be had.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I spent almost four months at 39's on my priest, for good times. And then when I found out how awesome Mind Control was, there was much giggles to be had.
    This was the reason I made my Priest. I levelled him for the specific purpose of throwing people to their death.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I dont get it, Blizzard wants us to be a "Dot dependant class" like they said in the q&a, relies on dots... But I dont really get it with mages, shield that halfs all (except Devouring plague) our dots? what? why? they can allready remove our dots, why half them ?

Quote Originally Posted by shhadow
    I dont get it, Blizzard wants us to be a "Dot dependant class" like they said in the q&a, relies on dots... But I dont really get it with mages, shield that halfs all (except Devouring plague) our dots? what? why? they can allready remove our dots, why half them ?
    Shadow Priest dots, if I remember correctly, are Magic effects, not Curses like Affliction spells. Weak to cleanse and dispel. I'm pretty sure mages don't have a remove magic ability. I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    Shadow Priest dots, if I remember correctly, are Magic effects, not Curses like Affliction spells. Weak to cleanse and dispel. I'm pretty sure mages don't have a remove magic ability. I could be wrong.
    they dont have remove magic, but they have something called "MAGE ARMOR" which reduces all "MAGIC" duration by 50%... half time on our dots bleh its retarded, half fear, half time on silence, half mc (powerfull mc skill halfed, GC should be sad)

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    My guess is he was referring to Ice Block... i'm not sure that should be considered a magic removal but in terms of PvP, we spend 3 GCD's putting up our debuffs and getting into the fight and they remove them with 1 GCD... it puts as way behind in the encounter and one of the reasons mages smash spriests.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    My guess is he was referring to Ice Block... i'm not sure that should be considered a magic removal but in terms of PvP, we spend 3 GCD's putting up our debuffs and getting into the fight and they remove them with 1 GCD... it puts as way behind in the encounter and one of the reasons mages smash spriests.
    as I wrote in the post right before you, no its not ice block, its MAGE ARMOR: 50% reduction time on all damage effect (magic)

Quote Originally Posted by shhadow
    Remove is not half the duration... I can only assume this particular part of the post refers to Ice Block coz it sure as hell isn't explained by Mage Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Remove is not half the duration... I can only assume this particular part of the post refers to Ice Block coz it sure as hell isn't explained by Mage Armor.
    Mage Armor Rank 6
    26% of base mana
    Instant cast
    Increases your resistance to all magic by 40 and allows 50% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting. In addition, the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you is reduced by 50%. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.

I think thats what he is referring to. Admittedly, I have no clue if this includes DoTs or not, but that is definitely what he is referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Mage Armor Rank 6
    26% of base mana
    Instant cast
    Increases your resistance to all magic by 40 and allows 50% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting. In addition, the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you is reduced by 50%. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.

I think thats what he is referring to. Admittedly, I have no clue if this includes DoTs or not, but that is defiantly what he is referencing.
    it includes dots (not devouring plague since its disease, and yes have tested), our fear, silence, vampyric embrace etc... everything we got that produces a magic effect with time

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Mage Armor Rank 6
    26% of base mana
    Instant cast
    It's clear that mage armor is completely inferior to our Inner Fire and therefore doesn't need charges.

Yeah I know we shouldn't compare class skills 1:1 one but COME ON. (Ice-)Mages have the most CC of all the classes, yet they also have a much better shield (that even does ANOTHER CC when it breaks or gets dispelled) than we have and a better armor. We on the other hand have the worst CC of all classes arguably (fear is worse than stun and root, and we only have 1 on a rather longish cooldown) and were pretty much build around shielding from the start yet ours is usually completely useless. And yet GC said that shadowpriests aren't supposed to be "tanking" melees. But we have no tools to get away and/or stay away...

How figures?

Edit: Whoever mentions Mindcontrol as our second CC will get bitchslapped by Ghostcrawler. Or awarded a medal, who knows...
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!