Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Shadow Priest Q&A make me emberessed of my spec...

I really can't believe why Blizzard would even CONSIDER choosing to answer some of the questions that were asked. I really can't understand it. NOT ONE of those questions touched on real issues that Shadow Priests have.

Crap like, "Will Spriests get a new 51 Pt Talent?"

Really?

REALLY?!

People are STILL complaining about our 51 Pt Talent even after all of its buffs? The talent is FINE right now! Nothing needs to change! I'll admit that while the mention of lowering the cooldown on the talent is nice, it's not needed! In PVE it's used as a Mana Regeneration Tool, and a poor one at that since Shadow Fiend is better, and as a PVP tool, I only ever use it in DIRE situations. Most successful battles I have don't even involve the talent!!!

Then some of the other questions that were asked are just stupid! You know what Shadow Priests issues are?! I'll tell you.

PVP survivability and mobility -And I don't care what people say, we are NOT F**king caster tanks, and it's a stupid idea to even think that! What shadow needs are more buffs to things life fade. Our damage is fine in this regard. VE auto casting with any shadow damage would also be amazing.

PVE Group Utility - Face it, Shadow Priests used to be the freaking KING of utility classes and now it seems we're just lawl-dps. VE needs to be buffed. Healing people for 100HP a tick is doing NOTHING for the group. Also, people bitching about our opening DPS need to STFU and adapt. Our targets were never meant to go out with a bang, they're meant to go out with a whimper, and I LOVE it.

That's it. That's really all i can think of where shadow priests REALLY need help. Yeah PVP is a pain right now, but in the Ulduar patch, we took a BIG step in the right direction.

Ask the right questions next time! GOD DAMMIT!

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Re: The Shadow Priest Q&A make me emberessed of my spec...

Did you realize that "Priest Q&A" was unofficial? A player posted a thread with his questions and GC (probably) was like "I have free time here, so I will answer your thread". It's not like the "Warlock Q&A" that is an official thread creat by a Blizzard poster and they choose the question to answer.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

15+ Year Old Account

NOT ONE of those questions touched on real issues that Shadow Priests have.

Crap like, "Will Spriests get a new 51 Pt Talent?"
    You, sir, have my support.

Facemelting people since 2005.

And my axe.
    Plays: Ayalafatalis (80 UD rogue), Benedicttine (70+ UD priest), Hygelac (70+ Troll Hunter), Hauntress (70+ UD Death Knight). Sentinels US server

They addressed the haste issue. Im pretty sure thats a real issue.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Quote Originally Posted by ayalafatalis
    And my axe.
    Epic win.
    I hope people get the reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

I'd like to see our base damage increased to make us competitive but then make VE a stacking debuff that causes healing to the party but at a decreased % of damage. So you can stick to pure(and competitive) damage or sacrifice a varying level of damage for an appropriate amount of healing.

Some of us want more damage, some want more utility. Let us decide on the fly.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Quote Originally Posted by ayalafatalis
    And my axe.
    Have my babies

What i'd love to see is VE providing more then just weak healing to the party. If it could somehow provide the party with a buff that increases healing done to them, that'd be cool.

I'm also annoyed at Ghostcrawler's seemingly lack of knowledge on the Shadow Priest in this Q&A.

He thinks that we can last longer then a mage...

wow...

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Mages can counterspell seconds, on a 20 second cool down. They can blink every like what? 30 seconds? Ice block every so often, frost nova, polymorph, deep freeze, slow or dragons breath, spell steal your buffs and hots, amazing damage, mana shield, ice barrier, mage armor and ice armor, and good old evocation.

Priest. 5 second silence on a 45 second cool down, 2 second silence on a mage using mage armor. We have a bubble that absorbs 2,200 damage that mages can spell steal too, and can be easily dispelled, a fear on a 23 second cooldown, which I play alliance, so 90% of the people i face in bg's and arena stomp me cause of Will of the Forsaken, the fear breaks in two dot ticks no more then 3k damage, there is many abilities that many classes can get out of fear, such as tremor totem, warriors rage, undead racial, lichbourne, cloak of shadows, and others. Don't stack spell pen and your fear will get resisted.

Got mind control
    , but seriously, who the hell uses mind control? Three second cast? Low range? You get to control your enemy player for 6 seconds, leaving you open for attacks for 9 seconds.

And we have grand old Dispersion, we take 90% less damage, regain mana, silence ourselves.

The 6 second silence we do to ourselves... hmm... a good time to dispel/purge or spell steal, good time to get 5 combo points, good time to start casting a long spell, good time to get some heals off, or reapply dots/fear and debuffs to the priest. Dispersion is life for 6 more seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    "I have free time here, so I will answer your thread".
    free time? why does everyone say he did it on free time? Im sure he did it at work and got pay for it and stuff like answer question on forums is his work or am I wrong?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

I use mind control...in AB...and Naxx.........thats it :-\

Dispersion should also increase movement speed by like 40-50% so shadowpriests could have a chance of getting away.
    Fear is too easily countered, period. End of discussion!
    Mind Control leaves you too vulnerable. Mainly used at LM in Arathi Basin and at Razuvious in Naxxramas.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Dispersion should also increase movement speed by like 40-50% so shadowpriests could have a chance of getting away.
    Fear is too easily countered, period. End of discussion!
    Mind Control leaves you too vulnerable. Mainly used at LM in Arathi Basin and at Razuvious in Naxxramas.
    Pls dun WOTF my fear Mr. Warrior sir! Wtf! Nuuuu beserker raaaage!

Yeah, it's like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizer
    You, sir, have my support.
    I'm sure he'll always wear it with pride. :P

Quote Originally Posted by thantos
    Mages can counterspell seconds, on a 20 second cool down. They can blink every like what? 30 seconds? Ice block every so often, frost nova, polymorph, deep freeze, slow or dragons breath, spell steal your buffs and hots, amazing damage, mana shield, ice barrier, mage armor and ice armor, and good old evocation.

Priest. 5 second silence on a 45 second cool down, 2 second silence on a mage using mage armor. We have a bubble that absorbs 2,200 damage that mages can spell steal too, and can be easily dispelled, a fear on a 23 second cooldown, which I play alliance, so 90% of the people i face in bg's and arena stomp me cause of Will of the Forsaken, the fear breaks in two dot ticks no more then 3k damage, there is many abilities that many classes can get out of fear, such as tremor totem, warriors rage, undead racial, lichbourne, cloak of shadows, and others. Don't stack spell pen and your fear will get resisted.

Got mind control
    , but seriously, who the hell uses mind control? Three second cast? Low range? You get to control your enemy player for 6 seconds, leaving you open for attacks for 9 seconds.

And we have grand old Dispersion, we take 90% less damage, regain mana, silence ourselves.

The 6 second silence we do to ourselves... hmm... a good time to dispel/purge or spell steal, good time to get 5 combo points, good time to start casting a long spell, good time to get some heals off, or reapply dots/fear and debuffs to the priest. Dispersion is life for 6 more seconds.

Wow so much QQ... I mean seriously, I play a priest. We are not near as bad as you are making us sound. granted, shadow definitely needs buffs, but I mean come on. If mages are so OP then go roll one. After playing wow for so long I know that specs go in rotations. A spec that is really good in one patch may not be good in the next patch. You just have to roll with the punches and know that your class won't always suck. My rogue for example was awesome in PVE during BC, but when Wrath came out, guess what? we got screwed over for a few months. Now they are doing good again. I really like shadow and I do occasionally play it in PVP but I know that right now Disc is our good PVP spec. But I'm not worried about it because they will eventually get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by vgundam21

Wow so much QQ... I mean seriously, I play a priest. We are not near as bad as you are making us sound. granted, shadow definitely needs buffs, but I mean come on. If mages are so OP then go roll one. After playing wow for so long I know that specs go in rotations. A spec that is really good in one patch may not be good in the next patch. You just have to roll with the punches and know that your class won't always suck. My rogue for example was awesome in PVE during BC, but when Wrath came out, guess what? we got screwed over for a few months. Now they are doing good again. I really like shadow and I do occasionally play it in PVP but I know that right now Disc is our good PVP spec. But I'm not worried about it because they will eventually get fixed.
    People shouldn't have to reroll characters to be competitive in a major portion of the game. I agree that classes go in cycles and *eventually* things will get fixed. However, reading the "informal" Q&A, you must understand that many shadow priests don't feel like that cycle is coming around anytime soon. However, the idea of someone being forced to go into a healing spec to be successful in something was supposedly abandoned by blizzard years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by thantos

Gotta love those 51/51/51 mages right? :

Unofficial or not, GC is still saying pretty much "Yeah Shadow Priests don't have the utility they once had and they are subpar DPS, but we don't have any plans to change that."
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.