Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Titanium Ore - Sell it or stock it ?

Felt like i had to take a SS of this..

Anyone have more?

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8027/gortz.jpg

Fwiw, all the dust / cosmics came from 1 batch of ore i prospected/DE'd ~6hrs.

mostlikely the patch is at least 3 months away.
    a lot of ppl are stocking up, in the mean time ppl still receive badges and nothing to buy (or well runed orbs from conq badges, but thats about it).
    When 3.2 hits, ppl who need gems just turn in the plenty of valor/hero badges in for the gems they need.

only thing i can see happen is that the red gems a bit more expencive, but i dont expect prices to be much higher then the current rare gems.
    i expect around 80-100 for red, about 30-40 for others.

If you prospect 1 epic per 5 ore, its worth it (or maybe not since then it means there is even more gems around), but if its as random as blue gems out of saronite. I doubt its any use to stockpile so many.
    I only bought a few for the powder, but epic gems pff.. if i turn every badge into gems for the gear i have, i still end up with spare badges.

i wonder though, can epic gems be bought for honor as well?

in short, due to the ammount of ppl stockpiling the ore and the easyness of getting epic gems, the risk is insane high, be carefull.

Toss all of em on the AH, theyll sell great for now.

Sell it or stock it ? I would say sell it.

BUT , have you considered donation ? *cough* If you chose that wise path send it to the mail box closest to Sen'Jin *hides*
    Why Not ^^

price suddenly dropped to 130-150g per stack : :-X :-[

Well while it's worth something.
    Sell it quick.

Since, the more something is worth, the more will start farming it. And the price WILL drop as supply increases.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Sell it quick.

Since, the more something is worth, the more will start farming it. And the price WILL drop as supply increases.
    Idd but selling it for 130g a stack, no way ill rather save it, but for 180 id go.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Sell it quick.

That's the problem, you're only looking at the supply side. Supply can't increase too dramatically, because Titanium is a rare spawn, and it's already annoying to find it. Because it's more useful than live, demand is going up DRAMATICALLY, so the price per titanium node is increasing, there won't be any more titanium nodes than there are right now. Supply is remaining constant. It also means a lot more of the titanium is going to get handed to JC guildmates/alts rather than sold on the AH, so supply will actually decrease, unless you're the one getting handed titanium from an alt or guildmate. The price of titanium ore is going to increase, and likewise, the price of titansteel, because less titanium is going to be smelted to be turned into TS.

I'd save it.

I think blizzard will probably increase titanium ore spawns after 3.2 at some point, maybe after a month or so.

At the moment 'damaged necklace' are selling on our server for about 150-220g each. In the past i've bought a few of these. Titanium ore if you buy from the right people can cost about 100-125g per stack (AH on my server is about 150/stack) but not only does that give u epic gems, it also gives dust that can be turned in for dalaran jc tokens.

I'm not gonna sell my titanium ore and i have 2440 atm. I'm not buying any more of it either though. I'll probably prospect 1/2 of it the first few days after 3.2 and see how the ore prices rise after the first few days.. if it goes to like 300 i might sell the other half depending on how the first prospected 1/2 works out.

I was considering stockpiling infinite dust till after 3.2 as well because most people will be focused on titanium but im really not sure how popular the normal blue gems will be and if it'll still be worth prospecting them.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    That's the problem, you're only looking at the supply side. Supply can't increase too dramatically, because Titanium is a rare spawn, and it's already annoying to find it. Because it's more useful than live, demand is going up DRAMATICALLY, so the price per titanium node is increasing, there won't be any more titanium nodes than there are right now. Supply is remaining constant. It also means a lot more of the titanium is going to get handed to JC guildmates/alts rather than sold on the AH, so supply will actually decrease, unless you're the one getting handed titanium from an alt or guildmate. The price of titanium ore is going to increase, and likewise, the price of titansteel, because less titanium is going to be smelted to be turned into TS.

I'd save it.
    actually, supply can go up.

If the demand is low, then the supply will be low because there is little insensitive to keep production at maximum. With the announcement of the changes supply will most normally return to theoretical maximum.

So supply will increase, and most likely remain constant, and as the demand grows closer to 3.2 then the price will go up. and plummet within the week.

so if iv got it right u prospect 5 tita ores and u get dust wich u exchange a token for and a gem right?

Quote Originally Posted by kawa
    so if iv got it right u prospect 5 tita ores and u get dust wich u exchange a token for and a gem right?
    Nope. When you prospect 5 ores, you get:

-A chance at an epic gem
    -A chance at some dust (I don't believe it's a 100% drop, could be wrong)

10 dust can then be turned in for 1 Jewelcrafter's Token only.

As you can see I play on the Area 52 server which is one of the most packed servers in the game.
    I have been a Jewelcrafter since before I started raiding in BC and since then have sold nearly 3,000,000 gold in gems through the auction house. Back in BC I was averaging 15,000 gold a day in sales with an overall 25-35% in profit depending on the daily market scenario. Unfortunately this has dropped considerably since WOTLK hit because epic gems were not installed. I could not be more excited about Blizzard bringing them back since my day to day sales without them is significantly lower, only around 6-8k per day.
    The reason I am posting on this thread is not to boast about how cool it is to play wow or own large amounts of wow gold, especially considering if anything is more likely true it’s the opposite.
    I am posting on this thread because there is a significant amount of misinformation I would like to briefly answer through my own personal experience in this market.

I currently have over a bank tab of Titanium Ore waiting to be prospected when 3.2 hits and I’m constantly saving for more before it launchs.
    Here is why I suggest you do the same and if nothing less don't sell the ore you currently have as a jewelcrafter.

The proc rate for epic gems from what I have seen is the same with titanium in relation to epic gems as it is to saronite ore in relation to blue gems. You can proc double epic gems from one prospect and you can also proc just as many blue gems while always getting a green as usual.
    It may be true that epic gems will be plentiful in that you can gain them through dailies, transmutations, badges, honor, icy prisms , and prospecting, but what needs to be taken into consideration from a should I buy or should I sell my titanium ore perspective is what is my cost/profit ratio.

Currently even with serious underbidding on a daily basis going on in my server prices have remained solid enough that if you turn your green gems into enchanting mats then you are able to cover your entire saronite ore cost if you can get it as cheap as 15g per stack like you can on my server. That means that every blue gem you prospect is pure profit. The average price of blue gems on my server is about 35-40g per cut gem (overall) depending on the day. You get an average of at least 1 blue gem due to the double proc that Blizzard added in WOTLK. A nice bonus to an already overpowered money making machine that Jewelcrafting is to say the least.
    With proc rates of blues and greens remaining mostly the same in your titanium ore prospects in the screen shots I have seen this means that with titanium ore you will be able to cover at least 50g of its price by selling blue gems and enchanting mats you can make from blue greens per stack.

That being said, what do we know about epic gems. In BC you could not prospect for them, but my server had so many guilds running MH, BT, and SW that along with badges they were everywhere too. Prices of epic gems were steady at 300g+ for months and did not fall below 200g each until almost 3 months before WOTLK hit. The reason for this at least on my server was because I found that the more people that could afford the epic gems the more quantity you could sell there for greatly increasing the amount you could move in a single day. This is why I personally brought prices down to this point and will do it again once 3.2 hits as quickly as possible.
    I would contest that prices will fall to around 200g per cut epic gem fairly soon after 3.2 hits with them starting at around 350g like they were in late BC for at least a week or so.
    What does this mean for your titanium ore prices?
    If you can make 50g off of the blue gems and enchanting mats combined with 200g per epic gem (possibly 300g+ soon after 3.2 hits) then you would be a fool to sell your titanium ore for “cash now” in my opinion because you have the potential to make 350g off of every stack not to mention the tokens that will be gained by prospecing needed to acquired the epic cuts themselves.
    Note that once all the cuts have been purchased you can turn these in for dragons eye’s and basically make free epic rings and necks as well only adding to the ridicules amount of profit that will be obtained from it without this added bonus.

My personal opinion is to hang onto your titanium ore for 3.2 because for most servers I see at least a 150-200g profit per stack if you are able to acquire it at around 150g gold per stack like I can on my server. Just my opinion though. You are all entitled to yours. Good luck JCers.

I'd save it.
    You forget that there's a few dozen players on each faction doing exactly that right now.
    When 3.2 hits they'll unload bigtime, and competing prices will flatline.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    No it isn't. There's a stable inflation trend on most servers, meaning that the value of your gold is diminishing all the time. If you own trade goods you won't be hit by inflation, but you're at risk from changes in supply and demand. However, you can protect yourself against that risk by diversifying your assets.

Holding a major portion of your wealth in one type of good (e.g., Titanium Ore) has a high risk (price might crash after a patch, wiping you out) but potentially high return (price might jump after a patch, making you very rich). How much to sell or stock it depends entirely on how much risk you can live with. Personally I like to have 80-90% of my wealth in gold and the remaining 10-20% in the highest risk assets I can think of.
    QFMFT
    ITT: AH players disinforming other AH players

Ive stocked 2200 Titanium ore, so i expect profit ;p
    Price have gone up from 80g/stack or so to almost 200g on my server so even if i did sell it off i would make sick profit -- but im also after the "dust" gotten from prospecting so i can get more new recipes to make even more money..

I certainly hope the prices won't drop. :S

I'd save it.

He's got a point you know.....

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I had around 100 stacks in my bank however I managed to sell on every stack for 185G a stack (I paid no more than 100G a stack)

There is just to many ways and to many people doing this for me to want in so I am just going to keep an eye out for cheap ore and sell high, I have the honor cap on 3 toons, 100 of each BG mark and 80 wintergrasp commendation along with around 300 emblems ready to change to gems for personal use, anything else is just a profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.

I'd sell them. Everyone is saving badges so they can get the epic gems and rush to the AH. I doubt we'll see any epic gems above 100g after the first week, AH will be flooded with them.