Page 1 of 2
LastLast

which partner in 2v2/3v3 as ret

Hi, im a ret pally and I played with a 2nd ret in 2v2 but never got higher than 1200 raiting.
    We have no chance against teams with healers. The most of them dont go down in time and we´re losing!
    what would be a good partner for 2v2/3v3? and if you have some tips against healers pls tell me
    (btw I´m human not belf)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

Re: which partner in 2v2/3v3 as ret

boomkin.

You need to find a partner that you work the best with, and plus once 3.2 comes out it will be a whole different story, and btw you need good gear in order to run double dps and good cc co-ordination against most healer teams.

thx 4 your tips!

well my gear isnt that bad I have 624res.
    what about 3.2? it wont make it easier to kill healers. yeah exo is fine but that wont change the arena combos?!..
    i just wish they give us the silence/interrupt glyph for exorcism back! :

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by robhimself
    for 2's these comp's have proven to be viable.
    bm/ret
    rogue/ret
    dpriest/ret

for 3's
    healer/rogue/ret is probably the most popular
    healer/war/ret
    healer/mage/ret

truthfully it doesn't matter what comp you run. if you're bad as well as your teammates you will be bad regardless, if you're good as well as your teammates you will have success.
    Wrong. I can tell you flat out that he won't have success running a double ret comp in 2's, nor any other stupid setup (like the random guy that mentioned a boomkin for a partner earlier on).

eb88, this coming from a pretty high rated ret paladin, in 2v2 run either ret/druid or ret/priest (the druid being resto and the priest being disc, obviously). If you absolutely CAN'T find any partner of those 2 classes/specs I advice ret/rogue. No other comp with a ret in will work NEARLY as well as the first 2 ones with a healer do (I currently run ret/disc, by the way). Oh, and I forgot, resto shaman/ret works quite well too, just not as good as with one of the other 2 healers I mentioned above.

Regarding 3's, ret/surv hunter/druid's a very good combo, it's also what I run with right now, but ret/warrior/druid healer is strong stuff too. Ret/DK/priest, ret/druid/rogue and ret/rogue/priest aren't as good as the first 2, but they're very successful comps too.

That's if you want to actually take the game seriously and get high rating-wise, if you just want to have some fun run some random triple DPS in 3's and a find a mage to play with in 2's (very fun setup I can tell you, having played it before at a pretty high level in TBC).

Shaman (either Restoration or Elemental)/Paladin
    Healer/Death Knight/Paladin

wow thank you guys! I´m gonna try ret/preist in 2´s and ret/rogue/priest in 3´s!

find a resto druid to carry you.
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

My friend has an alt rogue and I run a Ret/Rogue comp pretty fun.

ive had the most fun and success with ret /disc and ive tried it will all the healers except a holy pally

I have been running several setups during s5 and s6 and I can recommend dpriest + ret as healer/dps setup atleast I havent find any other so good since we dont have a MS effect.
    What comes to 2 dps setup I would go for rogue/retri or feral/retri becouse invis is a great tool and both got huge burst+have some kind of cc (rogue is still better option).

Remember that its always easier to play with a healer since it isnt so fatal if you or your partner makes a small mistake!

ps. always point out your weapon dps and other stats then resi since 2h plate users are atm mostly getting around 500-600 resi only and that you can get with hatefull gear too.

Leipäkone (Twisting Nether)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Leip%C3%A4kone

Obelodalix or what ever was one of the only people that knows what hes talking about in this thread. He named just about every viable comp for someone who wants to be higher then 1900. Ret pally mage can be a fun comp to play but it aint going to get you anywhere same thing with any ret/dps comp. get a druid to carry you priests go oom real fast, and a decent druid can carry just about anything. Also for threes ret/mage is retarded have fun trying to get threw pmr and cleave teams, dont listen to anything the second post says.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/5/9/7/9/5/2159795xgchE.png

I've been having a lot of fun with Enh/Ret - it's insane damage, but also provides enough cross-healing that we're pretty survivable. Most wins take under 30 seconds if we play right. I run with nearly full PvE gear since most people focus my partner, and I'm more or less free to GG people. We can beat tough comps like DK/Druid if our switches are quick.

There's a Shaman at 2500 named Shockbox who has some videos out if you want to see how it works (hint: it's not complex.)

actually a tough comp to beat, we ran druid ret against that team three times. we beat them but we were playing in the 2200 bracket and the fights went on literally for like 1.5 mins. If played right that team survives well and keeps constant preasure on healers,
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/5/9/7/9/5/2159795xgchE.png

There are a few ret/DK towards the top of the 2's brackets 2k+ at least.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

I'll take "Anyone you want" for 500 Alex.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Runner
    I'll take "Anyone you want" for 500 Alex.
    What is "A non-Ret paladin member".

most viable 2v2 comp with ret is still dpriest atm. altho vindication nerf took a major chunk out of that.
    rogue ret and mage ret are somewhat viable but take time to get your coordination together. less coordination required with dk ret, which works somewhat as well.
    the people who say ret tol druid is the most viable never went and checked sk back before vindication nerf

for 3's you can do one of the popular cleave setups: ret+war+nonpally healer (typically tol druid) and just sit on the enemy healer

or you can go disc ret rogue (decent cc, good interrupt, good ms, mobility issues), or disc ret surv (good cc, no interrupt, good ms, los issues)

i can tell you disc ret surv eats rmp unless they play perfectly. you can cc that priest forever while you both chunk out the mages hp (who wont be able to do anything except run)
    make sure to bring nonhuntard. if your hunter dies too fast a lot, its probably his fault

disc ret muti is easier in some scenarios, but harder in others. if you both open at the same time, your target has a good chance of dying, but it is harder to make sure both of you are on the same target at the same time

in both cases, you need a non fail ret who can cleanse cc/immolate/flameshock. instantly.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

so... I´ve made some games with a dpriest to 1k raiting.
    if we get a rogue/warri + heal combo we almost have a sure lose because of the ms debuff.
    against other healer combos I have to set pressure on them till my priest manaburns the healer...is this good so far?
    I mean is this the way we are supposed to play this ret/priest combo?^^

could you give me some more tips for this combo pls? ty all!

(sorry for my bad english)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eb88
    so... I´ve made some games with a dpriest to 1k raiting.
    if we get a rogue/warri + heal combo we almost have a sure lose because of the ms debuff.
    against other healer combos I have to set pressure on them till my priest manaburns the healer...is this good so far?
    I mean is this the way we are supposed to play this ret/priest combo?^^

could you give me some more tips for this combo pls? ty all!

(sorry for my bad english)
    Basically either CC the Healer until you burn down the DPS, or vice versa, depending on what comp. you are up against.