Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Spriest New Talent Ideas!

id rather have a aoe res that would cost like half of your whole mana out of battle ofc like the ones in wg it would save so much time -_- its not even op
    Always blame the rogue.

I'm not really sure we need many, if any new abilities (talking about pve here)

we're in a decent spot right now, we do much more respectable damage then TBC, though i do miss the way that VT mana returns were dependant on damage done, seperated the good shadowpriests from the bad since we were just mana batteries.

I'd like a little more single target damage, not sure quite how much we could be buffed without being overpowered, since in multidot-friendly encounters we're quite powerful.

Maybe a more complicated rotation including more abilities like mind blast, with a 6-9sec duration MF channel so cutting it just after a tick is more significant perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

Shadeform: after remaining in shadowform for most of their lives the shadow priest gains understanding of the powers of shadows enabling them to reflect 5% damage taken from all physical and magical sources by reinforcing their very bodies with shadow magic. However the priest has not mastered this new form completely and once the priests health is reduced under 50% of their total hp shadeform will combust dealing X dmg to all targets in 10 yards and knocking them back 10 yards. When this occurs the priest returns to shadowform and is silenced for 6 seconds. Shadeform will also be disabled for 45 seconds while the priest recovers the lost energy.

Mind flay will now affect the target and up to 2 targets within a 8 yard radius of the target.

Mindblast critical strikes will now strain the targets mind placing a dot that does 10% of the damage over 5 seconds (every 1 second)

If vampiric touch is dispelled while the priest is in shade form the dispeller loses mana equal to 10% of the total dmg of vampiric touch (this effect can only happen every 15 seconds)

The shadow priest also gains a new ability called shadow lash.

Shadow lash:
    2.5s cast time. Expels the built up shadow magic from the shadeform priest in whiplike torrents dealing X amount of dmg to up to 5 targets in a 12 yard radius (15 with shadow reach) and knocking them back 20 yards. Since the targets are unused to the shadowy energy coursing through their bodies they are slowed to 50% of their movement speed until they can expel the shadow magic from their bodies (lasts 8 seconds) This spell returns the priest to regular form and disables their shadowform and shadeform for 15 seconds. When the debuff expires the shade energy returns to the priest shape shifting them back into shadeform. 2 minute cooldown

Also follow discussion here:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...574607&sid=1#5
    "Because of all the days that have passed, We are who we are."

I really like the idea of the CC that makes the target friendly to you. It is an interesting mechanic, and currently Priests are the only ones who can do this so it would be fitting for the class.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I see most of the ideas I gave working for pve also.

Empower shadowfiend sounds so much more pve than pvp.

The dispersion change wouldnt really improve the pve situation, but there are, actually, one or other boss that it would work.

Tainted touch seems usefull for pve. I could see myself using that in many situations. U use a instant (that have some charges) that will recast the VT and u wont loose the time to recast it. It would also be very dynamic and instesting about the rotation and the positioning of the priest during a boss.

Hymn of Madness: Gives 10% more bonus spell power to 3 nearby mana users every 2 seconds for 10 seconds and increases raid critical dmg by 5%. After the hymn is recited everyone will have it's effects for more 20 seconds afterwards. The priest abilities SW:P and VT will be renewed on all targets for the duration of the Hymn and they'll have 100% crit while the hymn is being channeled. Something like 3 to 6 mins of CD would work.

I think the idea is to give something that really characterizes the priest, something unique. And just giving one more dot don't feel like that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    I really like the idea of the CC that makes the target friendly to you. It is an interesting mechanic, and currently Priests are the only ones who can do this so it would be fitting for the class.
    plus it could be used like a regular CC in PvE. Similar to shaman Hex.

Quote Originally Posted by slipshade
    Shadeform: after remaining in shadowform for most of their lives the shadow priest gains understanding of the powers of shadows enabling them to reflect 5% damage taken from all physical and magical sources by reinforcing their very bodies with shadow magic. However the priest has not mastered this new form completely and once the priests health is reduced under 50% of their total hp shadeform will combust dealing X dmg to all targets in 10 yards and knocking them back 10 yards. When this occurs the priest returns to shadowform and is silenced for 6 seconds. Shadeform will also be disabled for 45 seconds while the priest recovers the lost energy.

Mind flay will now affect the target and up to 2 targets within a 8 yard radius of the target.

Mindblast critical strikes will now strain the targets mind placing a dot that does 10% of the damage over 5 seconds (every 1 second)

If vampiric touch is dispelled while the priest is in shade form the dispeller loses mana equal to 10% of the total dmg of vampiric touch (this effect can only happen every 15 seconds)

The shadow priest also gains a new ability called shadow lash.

Shadow lash:
    2.5s cast time. Expels the built up shadow magic from the shadeform priest in whiplike torrents dealing X amount of dmg to up to 5 targets in a 12 yard radius (15 with shadow reach) and knocking them back 20 yards. Since the targets are unused to the shadowy energy coursing through their bodies they are slowed to 50% of their movement speed until they can expel the shadow magic from their bodies (lasts 8 seconds) This spell returns the priest to regular form and disables their shadowform and shadeform for 15 seconds. When the debuff expires the shade energy returns to the priest shape shifting them back into shadeform. 2 minute cooldown

Also follow discussion here:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...574607&sid=1#5
    Some of these ideas are very interesting. I especially like the idea that a shadowpriest could use an ability which would use the his/her shadowpower and cause you to lose shadowform.

1) This would give interesting burst potential (since leaving shadowform decreases your damage)
    2) This would provide very interest strategy in PvP, where being knocked out of shadowform means less damage, but gives the you the potential to heal.