Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Spriest New Talent Ideas!

Did i heard something?

Facemelting people since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by danoob
    Bad spelling and grammar is the tastiest of all food.

Geared properly shadowpriest are doing very good dps (great dps if you count trash, and lets face it melting the face off entire packs of trash does help speed up a raid).

So what are you going to sacrifice to have one of these new kick @#$@% powers?

Already you have CC, panic button, immunities, dispels, bubbles pop, buffs, disarm, slow, damage reduction (hello resilience damage reduction stacking). The fact the shadow priests aren't highly represented in arena right now isn't because they blow so hard, it's because disco is so grossly OP right now.
    Wow... you have no idea... I can't beli-.... oh damn... don't feed the troll... sorry guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    Thats one of the most creative ideas I've seen. Do you mean it works in the sense that the target's allies would have to break him out? If it is, it sounds pretty awesome but would have to be seen it action.
    Yup. Thats what I mean. I know at its base its just a CC w/ a debuff at the end, but you could bump up the CD to like 3min, and increase the time "tombed" to 1min... and have it last slightly longer than normal CC in PvP since the target could be broken out easily by their teammate(s). Its essentially forcing them into an ice block in 1v1 since you cannot attack the target while its tombed. Or you can think of it as a slightly longer cyclone that can be broken by opponents with a debuff at the end.

It would certainly help us out by alleviating some pressure in 2's, if only for a moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Shadow Word: Malady

Darkness taints the targets' mind for 8 seconds dealing X damage. Also, every 2 seconds, the target is immobilized for X second(s).

This is mostly from an ability that a hero has in DotA. Obviously the numbers aren't balanced but I like the general premise of it, though it may need reworking to be better in pve.
    Malediction is the move, im a big dota player myself. Something like a debuff that ticks damage every 3 secs and every 6 secs pops a 3 sec debuff that slows movement by 50%? Lasts 18 secs?
    Edit: the move is Malefice

15+ Year Old Account

It would certainly help us out by alleviating some pressure in 2's, if only for a moment.
    Yep, the other guy will need to move or be obliterated... sounds fine to me. on 2v2 ofc

Quote Originally Posted by JDPickle
    Malediction is the move, im a big dota player myself. Something like a debuff that ticks damage every 3 secs and every 6 secs pops a 3 sec debuff that slows movement by 50%? Lasts 18 secs?
    Seems a tad too long.
    You sir, is a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizer
    Yep, the other guy will need to move or be obliterated... sounds fine to me. on 2v2 ofc
    Though the importance of twos has been reduced, I feel it could still be helpful in 3's as well.
    You sir, is a retard.

Vampiric Impulse
    15% of base mana
    6 minute cooldown
    -Increase mana cost, damage and healing effect of shadow spells by 50% (meaning 50% more damage to the enemies, and 50% more healing from VE), you lose 5% of maximum mana per second. Effect lasts until you are out of mana.

Shadow Word: Agony
    20% of base mana
    5 second cooldown
    -Afflict your target with negative shadow energy that causes the target to take 65% of the damage whenever the target attacks. This effect ends after 15 seconds, or when the target takes damage equals to 150% of the caster's health. If Shadow Word: Agony is dispelled it will stun the afflicted target for 5 seconds.

Though the importance of twos has been reduced, I feel it could still be helpful in 3's as well.
    The strategy would be to get someone separated from the group so shadow tomb could be applied for maximum benefit. Timing would also be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by TehManifest
    Vampiric Impulse
    15% of base mana
    6 minute cooldown
    -Increase mana cost, damage and healing effect of shadow spells by 50% (meaning 50% more damage to the enemies, and 50% more healing from VE), you lose 5% of maximum mana per second. Effect lasts until you are out of mana.

20% of base mana
    5 second cooldown
    -Afflict your target with negative shadow energy that causes the target to take 65% of the damage whenever the target attacks. This effect ends after 15 seconds, or when the target takes damage equals to 150% of the caster's health. If Shadow Word: Agony is dispelled it will stun the afflicted target for 5 seconds.
    @Vampiric Impulse: This is crazy OP for PvP and neigh unusable in PvE.

@Shadow Word: Agony: I assume you meant a 5min CD? This isn't too bad for the CD length. Its basically a 15sec deterrent from attacking with a dispel deterrent build in. Might consider 3sec stun instead of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    How about this?

Shadow Tomb [1min CD, 1.5sec cast] --> Target placed in a shadow tomb for 30sec. The target becomes friendly to the caster and hostile to enemies (like mind control). The target must receive X% of total health in damage to be released from the tomb. Upon release from the tomb, the target gains the "Decrepit" debuff that reduces movement, attack, and casting speed by 20% for 5sec.
    I like this idea... but I'd like to make a few changes.

Shadow Tomb [2min CD (1.5 min talented), 1.5sec cast] --> Target placed in a shadow tomb with 200hp (scales with the priest's spellpower), causing all his harmful spells to reflect back to him but the duration will not exceed 15 seconds. This effect lasts for 15 seconds or until destroyed, while affected the target appears hostile to himself and friendly players. If the tomb is destroyed, the target gains the "Decrepit" debuff, reducing his movement and attack speed by 40% for 4 seconds. Damaging effects already on the target can break shadow tomb.

idk about exact scaling numbers, but a priest with about 2k spellpower should increase its hp to about 1500. This should still make it breakable in 2s and force the healer to do some dps. Also, since the target appears hostile to himself, his PvP trinket won't work. However, if you shadow word pain him before then your own dot can break the effect. The reflect effect sounds OP, but its essentially just a "silence" that allows them to cast.

This opens up the oppertunity for a glyph, "Glyph of Shadow Tomb" that removes dots on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by TehManifest
    Vampiric Impulse
    15% of base mana
    6 minute cooldown

20% of base mana
    5 second cooldown
    Vampiric impulse shouldn't have a mana cost since it increases the cost of your spells, and drains your mana. But sounds good and would give a great opportunity for spriests to get themselves a boost in dps, especially if a shammy pops heroism at the same time. just tack on a clause about players and you'll be golden. or even have it be a targeted thing that cannot be dispelled, but cannot be used against players. i doubt with the 6 minute cool down people would use it for trash, so a single mob would be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by axio
    I like this idea... but I'd like to make a few changes.

Shadow Tomb [2min CD (1.5 min talented), 1.5sec cast] --> Target placed in a shadow tomb with 200hp (scales with the priest's spellpower). This effect lasts for 15 seconds or until destroyed, while affected the target appears hostile to himself and friendly players. If the tomb is destroyed, the target gains the "Decrepit" debuff, reducing his movement and attack speed by 40% for 4 seconds. Damaging effects already on the target can break shadow tomb.

idk about exact scaling numbers, but a priest with about 2k spellpower should increase its hp to about 1500. This should still make it breakable in 2s and force the healer to do some dps. Also, since the target appears hostile to himself, his PvP trinket won't work. However, if you shadow word pain him before then your own dot can break the effect.

This opens up the oppertunity for a glyph, "Glyph of Shadow Tomb" that removes dots on the target.
    i think the point they were making with their version was to make it so that the person who is affected has to take damage,not have the tomb take damage...

Quote Originally Posted by gagglone
    i think the point they were making with their version was to make it so that the person who is affected has to take damage,not have the tomb take damage...
    I know, I was twisting it up a bit to be similar to when Hodir puts you in a block of ice if you don't get on the snow in time (forgot the name of the spell). You have to destroy it to break the player free. I also edited one thing so that the target can accidentally damage himself if he isn't careful.

This makes it more of a CC that you have the option to dispell (by damaging it) and give the player a debuff, or leave it on for the full duration for no debuff.

I like the ideas, but I think no one is listening. We've been making posts like this since WotLK's release and still Blizzard does not address Shadow PvP

Shadowfiend ideias:
    1 - Treacherous Fiend: The shadowfiend could have an ability to reduce the speed of the target in something like 50%. It could be a glyph or something to be added to a talent.

2 - Empower Shadowfiend: The shadowfiend is absorbed by the priest for a X seconds of Y spellpower/crit/haste buff. (one of them lol). Shares the shadowfiend CD.

3 - Sacrifice Shadowfiend: The shadowfiend is sacrificed and it's shadow energy will protect the priest for the next X ammount of dmg. (or reduce dmg taken by Y %). Shares shadowfiend CD.
    [shadowfiend shield / Shadow Word: Shield]

Dispersion idea:
    Every time the priest is stunned or silenced he'll have X extra dmg reduction, his mana will regenerate in the same rate as if was using dispersion. This X dmg reduction could be something like 20% only.
    The original dispersion could still work as a skill, but while the the ability is on cooldown the effects above would not work. It could also, instead of reducing so much dmg (90%), "loose" dots, debuffs, bleeds and etc whem priest uses dispersion.

Tainted touch: It's a self buff with low mana cost and few charges... Every time the priests receive dmg the Vampiric Touch dot will be renewed as if it was recast. Internal CD of X seconds. It could work well on pve also on AOE dmg. For this to work better it could be on the nearest target with the VT dot.

Twisted Mending: It's a buff/debuff with X seconds CD; on friendly targets it'll heal the same amount as the next hit received and on enemy targets it'll steal the next heal received for the priest.

I have more ideias, but it's it for now cause I'm out of time

This ideas are all nice but actually the talent should be for pve and pvp ..... so all the cc isn't fit... i think at least... for that kind of talent...
    so something like the warlock's Haunt(more dot dmg) or another damaging spell(similar to SW without the health penalty and with casting time and a similar CD to fit into the rotation) or a dot( good amount of dmg and a penalty on dispel for pvp) would be better.... these help both in pvp and pve

or another idea   Something similar to curse of doom.... but cause priests relay more on quick dmg than just a big crit... get it something like ..... Apply a curse on the target that when the target get's 10k dmg it explodes dealing 2000dmg (scales with spell power). critable
    cooldown : 25sec's

it doesen't have the mass dmg Lock's curse had but it has 1/4th the CD

Cheers

Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

15+ Year Old Account

I got one idea last night, what you guys think about this:

Shadow Spectre (61-point)

The caster summons a shadowy spectre behind the target, increasing damage done by Mind flay by 5% and slowing movement speed by 50% for 6 or 8 seconds. The spectre is easily killable or dispeable, but doing so will cause the caster to heal for 100% of the spectre's health. Cooldown: 25 secs (idk numbers yet)

PS. it could last longer on non-players targets, so would help pve too, like 25 seconds on non-players. it has some dispel protection without being too op, since you can kill the spectre with one or 2 hits, and have a good synergy with VE, following the Spriest style.

thoughs?

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Shadow Word: Ice Cream Headache [30sec CD, instant cast] --> Gives the target an ice cream headache, causing them to double over in agony. Stuns the target for 5sec and applies the "Never Again" debuff, restricting them from eating ice cream for at least 30sec.
    Mages already have Brain Freeze.

Shadow word : Nerf rogues -> A shadow word that inflicts 100% of the target's HP as shadow damage(modified by QQ), deals double damage against rogues.

Prayer of balanceness : Gives you some viable CC apart from some gay fear that breaks almost instantly.

Ambush nova : Now we're talking.