Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Spriest New Talent Ideas!

Sooo... since we all know the next exp is coming, and the spriest Q&A was the most laughable thread in AGES, lets try to put some ideas on new talents that could be USEFUL for shadow. I know Dispersion worth it for PvE and soloing, but we need to be fixed. Hard.
    Anyone got some cool ideas to share? I really wonder what comes next after Dispersion... Lets just hope. No i don't have any ideas yet, thats why i want to see some here, what do you guys think?

Facemelting people since 2005.

Re: Spriest New Talent Ideas!

Right in the response it said it was not actually a Q and A and that a more extensive one will be coming later. Though I was a bit upset about how they seem to be largely ignoring the woes of spriests. Let's hope the actual Q and A brings more hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Probably something that triggers a proc that gives you a free or instant Mind Blast...like that one Warlock talent that gives you an instant Shadowbolt.

Thats the other thing...I always wondered why SHADOW priest could never learn Shadowbolt. I understand game mechanics and balancing and whatever..but hell...come on!
    Plays: Ayalafatalis (80 UD rogue), Benedicttine (70+ UD priest), Hygelac (70+ Troll Hunter), Hauntress (70+ UD Death Knight). Sentinels US server

Universal or Shadow Specific Spell:

Shadow Word: Insanity --> [10sec CD, 1.5 cast time] Deals X DD. Places "Insanity" debuff on target that lasts 15sec, decreasing movement, attack, & casting speed by 5%. Stacks up to 5. Each application refreshes the debuff.

Just thought of it. Admittedly inspired by Yoggy & SoV. Haven't thought of balance.

I'd like to see our base damage increased to make us competitive but then make VE a stacking debuff that causes healing to the party but at a decreased % of damage. So you can stick to pure(and competitive) damage or sacrifice a varying level of damage for an appropriate amount of healing.

Some of us want more damage, some want more utility. Let us decide on the fly.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Universal or Shadow Specific Spell:

Power Word: Insanity --> [10sec CD, 1.5 cast time] Deals X DD. Places "Insanity" debuff on target that lasts 15sec, decreasing movement, attack, & casting speed by 5%. Stacks up to 5. Each application refreshes the debuff.

Just thought of it. Admittedly inspired by Yoggy & SoV. Haven't thought of balance.
    That's nice, although it need to be SHADOW word: Insanity... I just had an idea now. Remember that old talent of affliction locks that was refused? Cripple i guess? Just give it to us No need to think about the new talent and its just what we need, see blizzard this one is full of WIN! /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Frizer
    That's nice, although it need to be SHADOW word: Insanity... I just had an idea now. Remember that old talent of affliction locks that was refused? Cripple i guess? Just give it to us No need to think about the new talent and its just what we need, see blizzard this one is full of WIN! /sarcasm
    fixed =P

Shadow Word: Ice Cream Headache [30sec CD, instant cast] --> Gives the target an ice cream headache, causing them to double over in agony. Stuns the target for 5sec and applies the "Never Again" debuff, restricting them from eating ice cream for at least 30sec.

I'd like to see something that makes the Shadow Priest more unique.

We could throw around more CC spells and Damage spells all day, but in the end we're just a watered down version of the warlock.

If Blizzard was serious about making a new talent for Shadow Priests, i'd want something that'd set us apart from the other classes.

It would have to be something that also helps us escape CC effects as well, but not in a way that directly removes CC effects.

I like the idea of some sort of invisibility mechanic where you phase your character out for a few seconds. I know it's alot like the mage talent, but they could play with it.

I'd also like to see Vampiric Embrace have more utility.... healing people for a little over 100HP is not doing anything for anyone these days. How about this.

Vampiric Seduction: For each tick of healing that Vampiric Embrace provides to your party and raid members, 5 of those members also receive Vampiric Seduction that lasts for 3 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 10%. No more then 5 party or raid members can be affected with Vampiric Seduction at one time.

So what this means is that using the "smart healing" mechanic, members of the raid would receive a very small window for any heals done to them to have a 10% greater effect. Because of the constant rapidness and fluidity of Vampiric Embrace's healing mechanic, this pretty much means that during a battle, every 3 seconds, 5 members of the raid would receive this short buff. This could do wonders for helping out with raid heals.

The effect wouldn't stack based on how many shadow priests would be in the raid either, since only five members can be affected with the buff, and the priest could not exploit the talent by say, putting himself in the party with the tank so that the tank always has a 10% healing buff. There are times when the tank may receive that buff, but it's mainly out of the priest's control.

That's my idea.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account

Vampiric Seduction: For each tick of healing that Vampiric Embrace provides to your party and raid members, 5 of those members also receive Vampiric Seduction that lasts for 3 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 10%. No more then 5 party or raid members can be affected with Vampiric Seduction at one time.

So what this means is that using the "smart healing" mechanic, members of the raid would receive a very small window for any heals done to them to have a 10% greater effect. Because of the constant rapidness and fluidity of Vampiric Embrace's healing mechanic, this pretty much means that during a battle, every 3 seconds, 5 members of the raid would receive this short buff. This could do wonders for helping out with raid heals.

The effect wouldn't stack based on how many shadow priests would be in the raid either, since only five members can be affected with the buff, and the priest could not exploit the talent by say, putting himself in the party with the tank so that the tank always has a 10% healing buff. There are times when the tank may receive that buff, but it's mainly out of the priest's control.

That's my idea.
    I kinda like it, but it could be done by improving VE without being too much powerfull. Its a nice buff, but i dont really see it as a 61 point. Thoughs?

15+ Year Old Account

Shadow Nova (61-point)

The Priest unleashes a nova of shadow energy, that absorves life from his enemies and slow them, dealing X-X damage. Enemies caught in the area have their movement speed reduced by 50% per X seconds. The priest heals for 10% of the damage done in each target.

....sounds like too much?

Shadow Word: Malady

Darkness taints the targets' mind for 8 seconds dealing X damage. Also, every 2 seconds, the target is immobilized for X second(s).

This is mostly from an ability that a hero has in DotA. Obviously the numbers aren't balanced but I like the general premise of it, though it may need reworking to be better in pve.
    You sir, is a retard.

Shadow's Grasp or some other lame name

A shadow fiend instantly appears at each enemy in 15 yd radius and latches onto them causing them to be rooted in place and drains 300 hp per second transferring the hp to the spriest. Cannot be dispelled but can be killed which makes the effect go away. 3-4k hp per fiend. Lasts 8 seconds and has a 35 second cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by danoob
    I <3 priest QQ threads.

1 great spec.

1 good spec.

1 DPS spec.

If your DPS is sucking maybe you should get DPS gear instead of healing gear.
    Your name is right. You are a noob so please get out of priest forums. We're having a constructive thread and you're just an annoying pest.
    You sir, is a retard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by danoob
    I <3 priest QQ threads.

1 great spec.

1 good spec.

1 DPS spec.

If your DPS is sucking maybe you should get DPS gear instead of healing gear.
    I <3 Trolls. Want to be feed? Really, its suppose to be a fun topic, not that you can understand it Mrs. Troll, but w/e.

@Direshadow: Sounds like a good talent inbetween 51-61.

@Frizer: The "sounds too much" depends on the CD, tbh. 5min CD? sounds good. 2min CD? Perhaps. 1min CD? A bit much.

@Spurlij: The basic premise is interesting. I'd have it stun for 1sec every 2sec so stun 2 3 stun 5 6 stun. Have reasonable damage tick every second.

@Tallson: This is crazy OP. CD on something like this would HAVE to be 10min plus at a min. Also, i don't think the mechanics of the game could factor in how many enemies in 15yards and summon an add for each. Roots? Adds? 35sec CD? Life Drain? Just too much for one ability.

@ALL: Don't feed the trolls please.

]
    @ALL: Don't feed the trolls please.
    Guilty as charged
    I think the ability I suggested could help separate us from the stereotype of the watered down warlock.
    You sir, is a retard.

How about this?

Shadow Tomb [1min CD, 1.5sec cast] --> Target placed in a shadow tomb for 30sec. The target becomes friendly to the caster and hostile to enemies (like mind control). The target must receive X% of total health in damage to be released from the tomb. Upon release from the tomb, the target gains the "Decrepit" debuff that reduces movement, attack, and casting speed by 20% for 5sec.

]
    How about this?

Shadow Tomb [1min CD, 1.5sec cast] --> Target placed in a shadow tomb for 30sec. The target becomes friendly to the caster and hostile to enemies. The target must receive X% of total health in damage to be released from the tomb. Upon release from the tomb, the target gains the "Decrepit" debuff that reduces movement, attack, and casting speed by 20% for 5sec.
    Thats one of the most creative ideas I've seen. Do you mean it works in the sense that the target's allies would have to break him out? If it is, it sounds pretty awesome but would have to be seen it action.
    You sir, is a retard.

15+ Year Old Account

]
    How about this?

Shadow Tomb [1min CD, 1.5sec cast] --> Target placed in a shadow tomb for 30sec. The target becomes friendly to the caster and hostile to enemies (like polymorph). The target must receive X% of total health in damage to be released from the tomb. Upon release from the tomb, the target gains the "Decrepit" debuff that reduces movement, attack, and casting speed by 20% for 5sec.
    i liked, sounds more interesting when u think about it being used. i imagined a guy jumping in front of his parter "HIT ME SON OF A %$#@!"
    =P