Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Thank the moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuker
    I hope I never get moderator, because I think 1/10 threads here actually get my seal of approval.

I thank you for your patience, mods.
    I hope You never get moderator as well, because I've seen You trolling a bit thus making threads less approvable.

Back on topic:
    Thanks to mods from as well

The moderators do a VERY good job.
    And just to point out, I got my account called "NerdRager" deleted a few days ago, because I said 2nd at a front page update, I know it's stupid, but just to point out that moderators delete accounts in some cases, in this case, 1 reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Here's a tip: Start saving on some money (IRL money whatever your currency is, not in-game gold) and go to English class before trying to insult and flame the moderators of this forum on your way to the next ban.
    I agree there's no reason to flame anybody.

But do you HAVE to point out his grammar errors? There's NO point what-so-ever to do that, he came out with his oppinion maybe in a harsh way, but he never asked for to be picked on personally.
    And to be honest you make a fool out of yourself, trying to insult him, but you just have to go personal.

15+ Year Old Account

Well they do what they have to do. It's not exactly easy to control the WoW community..

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion
    Dear Moderators and Community Members,

This forum is definitely a real feat to moderate, and I appreciate all their hard work.

I've been reporting a fair deal of posts for awhile now. I was going to post in this thread yesterday, but when I logged in I saw a screen that I had received a 24-hour ban for reporting about 20 of the 700 posts in the Zoltan news thread, deeming it "reporting spam". All of the ones I've reported were indeed trolls, but I'll try to hold off on reporting ones in the major news threads since I assume they're already heavily moderated, so, sorry about that. I'll try to stick to other threads and in less volume. My apologies.

I recommend everyone else help keep reporting any offensive posts if see them, especially all the racial/eu vs. america ones that have been running rampant lately. I don't want this forum to turn into a EJ, but I do believe we can continue to keep improving the quality of our community. Again, thanks for your work, moderators and those that try to keep the boards clean.

-MrExcelion
    Sometimes having 20+ post reports in the mailbox from the same person just ends up in the mod deleting all of them and giving a warning. If you see many problems in the same thread, add a note in the message and avoid reporting everything.
    Either way you'll *never* get banned more than 24 hours for reporting posts (and if you do please bring it up to an admin who will have a look). Don't hesitate, but spamming it can become frustrating and be seen as abuse.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    Sometimes having 20+ post reports in the mailbox from the same person just ends up in the mod deleting all of them and giving a warning. If you see many problems in the same thread, add a note in the message and avoid reporting everything.
    Either way you'll *never* get banned more than 24 hours for reporting posts (and if you do please bring it up to an admin who will have a look). Don't hesitate, but spamming it can become frustrating and be seen as abuse.
    this is kind of why i only report certain kinds of violations (gold spamming, personal insults, really offensive posts), because if i had to report every post i found (kind of) offensive, i would have had several 1 day bans. i had a similar problem on the official forums, getting several bans for overreporting.

seems i either visit the wrong threads or just have a very high standard for really offensive posts, but i have not yet seen the need to report players (or it could just be that 95% of the posters behaves well, but i doubt that).

also, if there is a moderator that we have an issue with, how do we mention it? do we send a PM to another moderator? or straight to the supreme chief? or do we just ask the moderator himself for it? i have not yet ran into troubles with a mod, but i just would like to know (and other people as well). if this is already mentioned in a sticky, then my bad.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    also, if there is a moderator that we have an issue with, how do we mention it? do we send a PM to another moderator? or straight to the supreme chief? or do we just ask the moderator himself for it? i have not yet ran into troubles with a mod, but i just would like to know (and other people as well). if this is already mentioned in a sticky, then my bad.
    If it is a moderator issue directly, a PM to Boubouille should do the trick.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."