Re: Request a signature! (Read first post)

Requesting a Druid Signature

Druid with the name Wildnature

The name in Green but with black/grey shadow so its visible

Armory link in case it is needed

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Wildnature

Wearing T1

Catform and Bear form comming out of the sides

and the background forest/green'ish

Thank you in advanced . Cheers ^^

10+ Year Old Account

If you guys don't like certain things about peoples requests (as in the moonkin wanting wrath through an ice wall) then why don't you tell them? I happen to almost live with the guy who made that request and he's been checking this thread almost every other hour still expecting to see his sig made.

If what he requested was a problem for you to make, then just tell them and then maybe you won't have so many thread bumps asking why their sig never got made...

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy
    If you guys don't like certain things about peoples requests (as in the moonkin wanting wrath through an ice wall) then why don't you tell them? I happen to almost live with the guy who made that request and he's been checking this thread almost every other hour still expecting to see his sig made.

If what he requested was a problem for you to make, then just tell them and then maybe you won't have so many thread bumps asking why their sig never got made...
    What is expected from requests is posted very often throughout the thread. Unfortunately Somnio, the creator of this thread, was banned so it hasn't been updated. Things like armory links can save a lot of time, but there's no mention of it on the front page because it didn't exist at the time.

Also it'd be a huge hassle to have to go through every single request and point out what it lacks. People need to understand that this is not a job. I have no obligation to complete a single request.

Honestly, people can bump and complain all they want, I don't pay attention to it. I make the requests that I want to make. I have no restrictions/expectations to follow.

EDIT:

I'm thrilled with how this turned out. I took my chances with the mongoose and I think it looks great. I didn't include the shield, mainly because the shield itself is just as big as the gnome. Most the time I find they don't work.

Tell me what you think!

PM Signature Requests: Closed / Queue: 0 / My Work! / Tutorial!

Since my last request was too descriptive, i'll make a new one.

Name: Montsegur
    Race: Male Tauren
    Gear: Full Heroic Sanctified T10 ( druid ) helm not shown
    Appearance : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Montsegur Everything can remain the same except i'd like for my cloak to not be shown.

I'd like for my druid to be positioned on the right side of the sig in a casting pose with Nibelung resting on his back.

The background would be like mixture of arcane and nature designs ( and by nature i don't mean he'd be in forest, but rather green and leafy textures )

As for the name design, you can do what you think looks best since i have no idea for it : )

TY to whoever picks this up.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LRCollier
    What is expected from requests is posted very often throughout the thread. Unfortunately Somnio, the creator of this thread, was banned so it hasn't been updated. Things like armory links can save a lot of time, but there's no mention of it on the front page because it didn't exist at the time.

Also it'd be a huge hassle to have to go through every single request and point out what it lacks. People need to understand that this is not a job. I have no obligation to complete a single request.

Honestly, people can bump and complain all they want, I don't pay attention to it. I make the requests that I want to make. I have no restrictions/expectations to follow.

EDIT:

I'm thrilled with how this turned out. I took my chances with the mongoose and I think it looks great. I didn't include the shield, mainly because the shield itself is just as big as the gnome. Most the time I find they don't work.

Tell me what you think!

Oh
    My
    God!!!

Thats just amazing dude!!

Wow!! Thank you very very very much! Im gonna use this on all my (wow related) forum shit!! THANKS!

And the mongoose looks great indeed!

Again: Thanks!
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolette
    I did read your whole 2 sentence post..
    I was saying it doesn't matter because we're doing the work and we can pick an chose.

Edit for...I really don't really need to respond to you because you're a nobody in this thread. You're not an artist..and you're not a mod.
    So my opinions are invalid?

That, my dear sir, is called 'elitism'. E-lee-tisim

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolette
    Edit for...I really don't really need to respond to you because you're a nobody in this thread. You're not an artist..and you're not a mod.
    There's no need for an attitude like this. Really.

It's one thing to not do someone's request, move along with your life, but when you turn your nose up and act like you're superior because you can splatter premade brush effects over a model in photoshop it's going a little far.

4. This thread should be as clean as possible.
    While I understand that people will want to comment on the images that are posted, try to keep things both positive and constructive. If you really don't like something posted, be constructive or be silent. That also goes for individuals who love to troll and insult. This is not a place for you; be gone! For more information on keeping this thread clean, read the last point at the bottom of this post. If you are not happy about how the artist made your signature, please send him/her a PM, instead of using the forums.
    Look guys, I don't want to take sides. I think some of the artists feel like they are in a position of power, and it's human nature for others to challenge that power. But I'm starting to see some personal attacks and it's getting out of hand. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Macabre!
    It's one thing to not do someone's request, move along with your life, but when you turn your nose up and act like you're superior because you can splatter premade brush effects over a model in photoshop it's going a little far.
    (Although she/he makes a few good points, I've underlined them. I've bolded the 'assault')

I'm not a moderator or anything, but I'm trying to do the right thing. If this conversation/argument/debate must continue, please take it to private messages, for the sake of the community and the cleanliness of the thread.

I usually don't take part in such arguments but I have to say that I get a smirk on my face when I see the word "artist" as reference to any of us who make a few sigs.

Just because we copy/paste Blizzard's work on some smudged background and in some cases just click twice to get the Topaz effect on those and look pro does not make any of us an artist (art is subjective in most cases though so feel free to disagree).

Really there is no point in either making MS paint drawings (enough with it we get the point) or bashing down requests you don't like. You are just adding to the clutter of the thread. If you think that a request is not worth your attention simply pass it over rather than quoting worthless (in your opinion) requests.

I personally like simple requests as I get more freedom to randomly mess around and make something aesthetically pleasing to my own eye.

Ok, I'll leave it with this. If you don't want to do the request, don't say anything. If they bump in any way, tell them politely that their request isn't good enough (not just your over the top standards) or politely apologize and do their signature, or don't say anything at all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I apologize, my post did go a little far. I just really don't like the superiority complex that some frequent artists have in this thread and it ended up in me saying something about it.

T'was just my two cents that ended up sounding like trolling. My bad.

10+ Year Old Account

And in the meantime you failed to check out what awesomeness LRCollier has made for this little gnome! I'm very pleased!
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Macabre!
    I apologize, my post did go a little far. I just really don't like the superiority complex that some frequent artists have in this thread and it ended up in me saying something about it.

T'was just my two cents that ended up sounding like trolling. My bad.
    I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithrius
    Ok, I'll leave it with this. If you don't want to do the request, don't say anything. If they bump in any way, tell them politely that their request isn't good enough (not just your over the top standards) or politely apologize and do their signature, or don't say anything at all.
    I agree completely.

Also the way I see it, they/we are artists. Just because our work doesn't meet a certain standard of art, doesn't mean it isn't art. It's a creative outlet, that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LRCollier

Also the way I see it, they/we are artists. Just because our work doesn't meet a certain standard of art, doesn't mean it isn't art. It's a creative outlet, that's good enough for me.
    As I said art is mostly subjective so I won't argue with you at all... it's personal view on things. I agree that's it is a creative outlet though.

Hello there, i would like to request a signature
    Here is my armory link : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Kovalenko
    I am a human male paladin.
    I will be getting "The Insane" title around june 6th (have all mats in bank), so i would be happy if you can add the title under the name
    I am a proud wielder of Shadowmourne, would like it to be included in the sig.
    Am wearing T10, cloak and helm are both turned on for show, ingame.
    Would like the sig to faintly include the logo of the silver hand (Like on my tabard of the lightbringer) if possible (maybe in background?)
    Overall ambiant color would be deep blue // darkish blue.
    As far as the pose, i leave it all to your imagination, as my requests are pretty rough xD

tyvm in advance,
    Kovalenko

Florians

Hey dear editors ;D
    Lets get started...
    Name : Florians
    Class: Mage
    Race : Blood Elf (Male)
    Server : Magtheridon EU
    Guild : Cosmatic
    Armory URL : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...on&cn=Florians

Well since my guild is called Cosmatic and Im playing a mage i would like you to mix up a mage's picture with some galaxy thingies. Just let ur fantasy decide About the galaxy thingies i was thinking about something like my guild banner which is the following : http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1411/cosmatic.jpg No need to add anything except my character's name and the server.

Thanks in advance. -Florians

Hey Hey! just stumbled upont this topic and i had to create an acount to post :P

Só after over 900 pages noone picked up the animation side of sigs? lets go make some GIFs or flash even.

Anyway I dont mind starting the animated spinoff myself.

Im allways heavy in work so animated sigs require the folowing:

*The matterial i will be working with (its your own responsability to suply backgrounds, fonts, avatar images or whatever u want on the sig. I already have too much work to spend time doing a google search when u can do it yourself)
    *A general idea of what u pretens as an animation (text description works fine for me)
    *Requests must be made by PM and ill post the final work on this Topic.

Note: U can get a general idea of what an animated GIF looks like by looking at my sig.

hejj, i would like to make a request.
    name: Ergoza
    class: Druid
    race: Night Elf
    sex: Female
    my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...otem&cn=Ergoza

i would like that the picture had a nature/druid/night elf - style background. But that it doens't take all the attention of my character.
    I don't no if it's possible, but it would be awesome if my character could weare the T7 of the Druids, http://img18.imageshack.us/i/druidt8.png/ and then somewhere in the picture the name Ergoza The Archdruid.

realy realy thanks ;D
    hope i didn't ask for to much

omg thanks! it looks fantastic!

but you do have a point, over summer ill have to get Photo shop and see how to make a sig or two

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0_b00t3r
    So after over 900 pages noone picked up the animation side of sigs? lets go make some GIFs or flash even.

Note: U can get a general idea of what an animated GIF looks like by looking at my sig.
    Though the idea is interesting, a signature's file size is not supposed to exceed 50kB. Your signature animation is over 2000kB.

EDIT: As well as the combined size of your signature images exceeding the 500x100 limit.