It is in your obligation as a requester to make sure you're not being a complete dumbass when you wish to request something, as well as it's expected from all the designers to keep your eyes open not only when it comes to your own work but everyone else's to prevent this from happening. It's extremely disrespectful from both ends to ignore this and literally waste someone's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelen View Post
    It is in your obligation as a requester to make sure you're not being a complete dumbass when you wish to request something, as well as it's expected from all the designers to keep your eyes open not only when it comes to your own work but everyone else's to prevent this from happening. It's extremely disrespectful from both ends to ignore this and literally waste someone's time.
    ^This.

As long as I've been in this thread, I've always felt that there has been an "Unwritten Code Of Conduct" between artists. I'm also grateful to you, Engelen, for saying something. I don't want to look like the bad guy because I posted something that I felt was hurtful to me. I try to be the good guy in this thread that lends my hand out to everyone that messages and asks me for anything, and I always try to back people anyone else that feels hurt by something done here. Sometimes I feel like it's easy to igonore or laugh off when it happens to me though, but maybe that's my own self confidence demon.

And @ Myssham - It's fine. I wasn't trying to be hateful. I went to your stream to see what you were up to, and when I saw that layout I thought it looked a hell of a lot like one I made, and then realized it was for the same person. I understand sometimes that can happen, but there just seems to be an overwhelming amount of this same thing happening to a lot of different people in this thread. One of my favorites came back, but one of them is still gone because of it. I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about, too. She shut down her Deviant Art, and closed up shop completely.

I do not - do not - do not claim to be the best artist in this thread or anywhere even close - and I do not post anything here to try and 1-up other people or try to outdo anyone else. I just want to put that out there, in case anyone thinks I am.
    Last edited by Geekissexy; 2012-08-23 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    ^This.

As long as I've been in this thread, I've always felt that there has been an "Unwritten Code Of Conduct" between artists. I'm also grateful to you, Engelen, for saying something. I don't want to look like the bad guy because I posted something that I felt was hurtful to me. I try to be the good guy in this thread that lends my hand out to everyone that messages and asks me for anything, and I always try to back people anyone else that feels hurt by something done here. Sometimes I feel like it's easy to igonore or laugh off when it happens to me though, but maybe that's my own self confidence demon.

And @ Myssham - It's fine. I wasn't trying to be hateful. I went to your stream to see what you were up to, and when I saw that layout I thought it looked a hell of a lot like one I made, and then realized it was for the same person. I understand sometimes that can happen, but there just seems to be an overwhelming amount of this same thing happening to a lot of different people in this thread. One of my favorites came back, but one of them is still gone because of it. I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about, too. She shut down her Deviant Art, and closed up shop completely.

I do not - do not - do not claim to be the best artist in this thread or anywhere even close - and I do not post anything here to try and 1-up other people or try to outdo anyone else. I just want to put that out there, in case anyone thinks I am.

as i said, im sorry - completely not that sort of person, i dont check these pages as much as i should admittedly but i have a lot going on right now and i dont know how far to go back to make sure. ive been messed about as well and i know how it feels and wouldnt wish it on anyone else.

dunno what else i can say tbh - kinda stressed about the whole shitstick
    Game / Photoshop streaming: www.twitch.tv/caughtyoulookin
    | Sig requests:OPEN | Queue:1 | My Work |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myssham View Post
    as i said, im sorry - completely not that sort of person, i dont check these pages as much as i should admittedly but i have a lot going on right now and i dont know how far to go back to make sure. ive been messed about as well and i know how it feels and wouldnt wish it on anyone else.

dunno what else i can say tbh - kinda stressed about the whole shitstick
    You don't have to say anything else - I'm in no way trying to harass you. I'm sorry if I came off at first as acting like you were trying to directly attack me. It's totally fine - we all just need to be more aware of what is going on.

Now I'm going to giggle, because "Shitstick" is a funny word.
    Last edited by Geekissexy; 2012-08-23 at 10:45 PM.

PMR:

And regards to this shitstick situation I feel for you both
    Last edited by Zil; 2012-08-24 at 12:33 AM.
    deviantART

Deleted
    Nelf with warglaives,nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Zekie View Post

Visible text: Name: Ezeke and the guild Svea Livgarde (guild logo can be found at media.wowstead.com/attachments/309/985/634496638134897572.png
    Armory link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Ezeke/simple
    Finished. If you don't like the blue "water" fractal thingies then just poke me and I'll take it off. I wanted to show your Resto spec but I'm not sure how it looks. It looks ok to me but your opinion matters. And as always, if you don't like it you're under no obligation to use it. Have a great day!

Last edited by Safhira; 2012-08-23 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zil View Post
    PMR:

And regards to this shitstick situation I feel for you both
    Um. Gorgeous!

Um. Gorgeous!
    My jaw drops every time one of you bestest like my work /humbled. Thank you!
    deviantART

10+ Year Old Account
    My jaw drops every time one of you bestest like my work /humbled. Thank you!
    And my face lights up like a red ball of fire when I read things like this. Seriously, I blush to the point it almost burns my cheeks.

Hi peoples. I need a quick tip on something...I need tips on how to make my text more...exciting? Like..every time I do text, it just looks awkward. I'm not really sure what steps to take to make it look more normal ._. anyone have tips on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch1991 View Post
    Hi peoples. I need a quick tip on something...I need tips on how to make my text more...exciting? Like..every time I do text, it just looks awkward. I'm not really sure what steps to take to make it look more normal ._. anyone have tips on that?
    To me, it's all in the font itself! Sometimes you just have to download a bunch of ones you like on a great website. DaFont.com is the best, if you ask me.

A lot of times I will write the text out, and then highlight it and just arrow down through everything and stop on the one that I think fits the "style of the signature." Some of the best blending options (if you are using Photohop) is a gradient that fades from light to dark with matching colors that are in the signature. Sometimes just plain letters with a slight drop shadow on them, or even a thin stroke around the edges....

Every font is different, and not everything works every time. It's a lot of playing around!

To me, it's all in the font itself! Sometimes you just have to download a bunch of ones you like on a great website. DaFont.com is the best, if you ask me.

A lot of times I will write the text out, and then highlight it and just arrow down through everything and stop on the one that I think fits the "style of the signature." Some of the best blending options (if you are using Photohop) is a gradient that fades from light to dark with matching colors that are in the signature. Sometimes just plain letters with a slight drop shadow on them, or even a thin stroke around the edges....

Every font is different, and not everything works every time. It's a lot of playing around!
    Ooh, you have given me ideas. Thank you!
    Last edited by Twitch1991; 2012-08-24 at 12:23 AM.

It's hard to give tips as I'm not sure what you mean by exciting.
    One of very nice ways is to set it to overlay (or soft light and then duplicate layer) when text color is white or very very light shade of main sig color and putting a shadow underneath it with 0 or 1px with bigger spread and 1px size.
    Other way is to leave sig plain color on normal layer style and have drop shadow (1-2px away) on normal setting with similar color from the sig and have outer glow on normal too, color black with just 1px setting.

And the best is to take your time, look at all tutorials artists have made and also just google text PS tutorials. Make them, a couple, and you'll learn tons And will find your fav text style.
    deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch1991 View Post
    Well, a few things I normally like to do (though beware, text hates me and I hate text):
    * I never add text as the last thing on a signature, but rather put it in before I start with my adjustment layers (gradient maps, color balance etc). This blends the text a lot better with the signature itself.
    * Try mixing different fonts together. It's time consuming but well worth it in the end if you have a great variety of fonts available to you.
    * Play around with the colors! If one color looks to flat, try double clicking the layer and put a gradient overlay on it, pick colors that already exist in the signature if you want it to blend in.
    * Experiment with the blending options and opacity of the layer.
    * Create a new layer under your text and put an interesting brush or something behind it to make the text pop out more. This works especially well if the signature is very bright or very dark.

.. that's just some general things I do when working with text. Most importantly, have fun with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelen View Post
    Well, a few things I normally like to do (though beware, text hates me and I hate text):
    * I never add text as the last thing on a signature, but rather put it in before I start with my adjustment layers (gradient maps, color balance etc). This blends the text a lot better with the signature itself.
    * Try mixing different fonts together. It's time consuming but well worth it in the end if you have a great variety of fonts available to you.
    * Play around with the colors! If one color looks to flat, try double clicking the layer and put a gradient overlay on it, pick colors that already exist in the signature if you want it to blend in.
    * Experiment with the blending options and opacity of the layer.
    * Create a new layer under your text and put an interesting brush or something behind it to make the text pop out more. This works especially well if the signature is very bright or very dark.

.. that's just some general things I do when working with text. Most importantly, have fun with it!
    Yes yes and more yes.

Mixing font styles is amazing - it can take something boring and make it look great.

On the text subject, maybe someone knows if there's a way to sort the fonts in PS? Cos I have a gazzilion of them, would be nice to have for example favorites in separate folder or section.
    deviantART

On the text subject, maybe someone knows if there's a way to sort the fonts in PS? Cos I have a gazzilion of them, would be nice to have for example favorites in separate folder or section.
    I don't put fonts in PS. If it has too many it can cause it to crash and go blahssldjfladskshhaksd. I keep mine in AMP Font Viewer. It's separate so of course I have to close PS and re-open it to get the font to register. But, I like it because it gives you a preview of the font and I can put the fonts in sub-folders to group 'em up.

PM Request:

P.S. *Hugs Geeki.*

Deleted

Request

I would like to request a signature and a matching avatar.

Can I please have the signature to include

Name: Zharos, Retrivution Paladin
    and then just a view of my paladin with some orangey / red / yeloow effects in the background.

Erm i am very unsure about avatar so anything you would find fitting.

zharos on ravencrest is the character. (recently had Race Change to human and Name change to zharos so please make sure thats what it looks like) it is basically the normal DS Warrior tier with lightbringer tabard and zoids greatsword.