Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    So PM her and ask her to change it again. You clearly think she's the best, and she's shown that she's willing to change them. No point in posting here.
    Whoa. Why the hostility?
    As much as it sucks sometimes for us artists, he is within his right to re-request.
    We have to respect the rules and terms of this just as much as requesters do.
    It's not like he's going around double PM'img people or being super rude and offensive....
    and it's not like he didn't even use the sig that was made for him previously.
    He simply just wanted it updated to show his new race/gear.
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAPERS: CLOSED l

l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i4ni View Post
    Whoa. Why the hostility?
    As much as it sucks sometimes for us artists, he is within his right to re-request.
    We have to respect the rules and terms of this just as much as requesters do.
    It's not like he's going around double PM'img people or being super rude and offensive....
    and it's not like he didn't even use the sig that was made for him previously.
    He simply just wanted it updated to show his new race/gear.
    Not trying to be hostile, just being realistic. Not many artists are going to want to pick up something that will be replaced in two weeks. He's race changed twice in 12 days. I certainly wouldn't take it (obviously). I'm giving him my opinion. You're certainly free to take up the request and prove me wrong.

Edit: And honestly, I would change the cooldown rule. If someone asked to change a signature I made them a week later, I would be majorly insulted. 1 month would be better, imo. I race changed to goblin well over a year ago, and I'm still rocking a dwarf sig.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-02-03 at 08:01 PM.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Not trying to be hostile, just being realistic. Not many artists are going to want to pick up something that will be replaced in two weeks. He's race changed twice in 12 days. I certainly wouldn't take it (obviously). I'm giving him my opinion. You're certainly free to take up the request and prove me wrong.
    Fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    Signature request

Visible text: Just my name, Mersynd. It's fine if it's big and stands out.
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rsynd/advanced
    Gear set: Same as armory - Challenge Mode Assassin set
    Helm visible: Yes
    Your pose: Similar to armory, general combat stance. Does not really matter too much, especially if it's just the top portion of the character.
    General colour scheme: Similar color scheme to the armor. Gold and black, possibly very slight red details.
    Any extras: Heavy emphasis on the smoke coming out of the helm and shoulders, if possible. Getting my weapons in is not important, unless it makes your idea work. The best thing about this would be the smoke, if it is possible to do it, so any stance or arrangement that would make it stand out works.

References: http://tinypic.com/r/256bt41/6 - http://tinypic.com/r/3rc5k/6
    You can contact me here or on US battlenet @ pyxx1635 - Thank you in advance
    Edit: Armory seems to be slow on updating, see other links for actual set.
    CLAIMED.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really sorry that you feel this way. I don't mean to offend anyone, because I love my current sig. I just want to fit my new identity and amazing xmog that I plan to use forever. You're thinking of someone asking you to rework it because they didn't like the first one. I love mine and appreciate it so much, but I just love see new ideas and since I lost photoshop and other programs after I left school, I can't afford new ones to do it myself.

I am really sorry that you feel this way. I don't mean to offend anyone, because I love my current sig. I just want to fit my new identity and amazing xmog that I plan to use forever. You're thinking of someone asking you to rework it because they didn't like the first one. I love mine and appreciate it so much, but I just love see new ideas and since I lost photoshop and other programs after I left school, I can't afford new ones to do it myself.
    I'm just gonna leave this right here.... in case you want it.

OT: if you really want Shy or another artist to do your request just PM me and I will unclaim it
    Last edited by i4ni; 2013-02-03 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i4ni View Post
    I'm just gonna leave this right here.... in case you want it.

OT: if you really want Shy or another artist to do your request just PM me and I will unclaim it
    Cool, thanks. I am totally fine with you doing it, I like your work as well. Her request was closed at the time I posted so that is why I did it. I appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that I see a problem with your sentiment, it's that I see a problem with the "only 12 days later" part. Think of it like this:

Someone goes to a Woodworking website and starts browsing their forums. They see that there's a thread to request free pieces to be made by talented woodworkers. Wow, cool! So they request a coffee table with a light finish for their living room. Lo and behold, a woodworker claims the request and makes a beautiful piece. Later, this person changes their decor and suddenly they need a dark finish. So they make a request of the woodworker to stain it for them to a darker color, to which he obliges. Then, not 12 days later, this person suddenly shows up on the forums requesting a new coffee table to be made because they've changed their decor yet again, this time to a super-modern theme. The old one is beautiful, and they just love it, but it clearly will not fit in. I mean, they loved using that table for those 12 days! It wasn't like it went unused. It was seen and enjoyed by all for those 12 days. But now they just need another table, because the decor needs it.

Now, does that sound ok to you? It shouldn't. And it's basically the exact same thing as what you're doing now. Graphics designers get payed a lot of money for a reason. The fact that what we create here isn't physically tangible doesn't mean that it should hold any less value in your mind than something that is.

And i4ni, while I understand and respect your position in supporting him, I'm disappointed that you're willing to go along with behavior like this.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-02-03 at 09:10 PM.

I agree with i4ni on this one, but then again I don't take either myself or my work serious enough to argue the rules of the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelen View Post
    I agree with i4ni on this one, but then again I don't take either myself or my work serious enough to argue the rules of the thread.
    You should, then. Your portfolio is good enough for an entry-level professional graphics position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadow93 View Post
    Hey guys, i asking you for a wallpaper

Wallpaper:

Resolution: 1920x1082
    Visible text: Jadow
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...Jadow/advanced
    And : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...Jadow/advanced
    Gear set: My challenge gold set for the 2 char!
    Helm visible: Yes
    Any extras: a big name in black ''JADOW''

Thx again, Jadow.

Bump because it's more than one week
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Stickytrees View Post
    Signature:
    Visible text: Particle the Insane
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: Won't let me post links still but here's most of it /wow/en/character/korgath/Particle/advanced
    Gear set: Cataclysmic Gladiator's PvP set
    Helm visible:yes
    Your pose: a pose that shows off my transmog set ( tabard of lightbringer)
    Any extras: dark kind of tortured showing that he is the light in the dark.

still looking for someone to possibly do this for me
    Last edited by Stickytrees; 2013-02-03 at 10:23 PM.

You should, then. Your portfolio is good enough for an entry-level professional graphics position.
    Well, thank you I suppose but I compare myself to stuff way above my league so I find my own work rather laughable.

I'd like to clarify that I'm not supporting frequent reposts because of race or faction changes, but I'm sick and tired of the occasional hack and slash game going on between requesters and artists. I avoid this thread sometimes because it tends to be very hostile and I don't want to be a part of that, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    [CLAIMED]

Twitch:
    What do you want for your page: Info section, background and banner.

Visible text:
    Rules:
    - No Racism
    - English and Chinese text is welcome in chat

Computer Specs:

CPU – Intel 3570k @ 3.8GHz
    RAM – 32GB Corsair Vengeance with 22.5 allocated for World of Warcraft RAMDisk
    Video Card – AMD PowerColor HD 5770
    SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB
    Case: NZXT Switch 810 (white)
    Headset – Plantronics Audio 655
    Mouse – Corsair M95 (Coming soon)
    Keyboard – Corsair K95 (Coming soon)

Logo/Character:
    Guild Name: Summit – Illidan (please if possible add this image to the background: http://summitguild.com/images/summit.png) first character to link to armory if possible: Victoria – Illidan (US)

General colour scheme Pink & Purple please

Specific/Extras: (additional characters) Mulan – Illidan (US) Nyneve – Illidan (US) and Mylaa – Mal’Ganis (US) Also, is It possible that you may use the already existing character icons in my twitch layout for links to their armory profiles? (see signature below for twitch) Clickable icons to: Twitter & YouTube if possible please.
    Last edited by Mylaa; 2013-02-04 at 03:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's all just try to keep it on-topic and civil thus forth, shall we?

And i4ni, while I understand and respect your position in supporting him, I'm disappointed that you're willing to go along with behavior like this.
    This will be my last post on the matter as to not derail the thread.
    If you wanna talk it out via PM you're welcome to do so I just thought people should understand why I see more of an issue with YOUR behavior.

I am not a professional graphics designer.
    I simply enjoy making things.
    If in my quest to better myself through practice I can help someone out then it's a bonus.

I have a problem when people don't follow the rules of the thread... which was not the case here with Mersynd.
    IMO, The rules of the thread are meant to give both requesters and artists an idea of how things work around here.
    If you don't like the fact signatures only have a 7 day CD then perhaps you should bring it up with a Mod and not scold people openly, especially since they are within their right to re-request per the rules of this thread.

Yes, sometimes it sucks when you spend hours of your time making something and then someone re-requests a week later.
    The brilliant thing is you don't have to pick up their new request or any request they post thereafter...
    but since they are techicnally respecting the rules you should do the same.

/endrant
    Last edited by i4ni; 2013-02-04 at 01:39 AM.

Deleted
    Hi. I have been forced to change my main and I am starting to like it a lot. And I woud love to show that in a new signature.

Visible text: my name and realm.
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/xavius/Celamir/simple
    Gear set: current transmog without tabard or cloak.
    Helm visible: yes
    Your pose: either healing or in a defensive position
    General colour scheme: something holy paladinish.
    Any extras: if possible I would love to have the paladin wings from the glyph. Or something pvpish in the background. But I don't care if that's not in there since it's a small frame to work with.

Previously claimed request for L-P-R:

and Mersynd:

I hope you both like them ::]

OT: /stares at Elyaan's new name

::O
    Last edited by i4ni; 2013-02-04 at 04:05 AM. Reason: added art

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have to defend myself to you, but I want it to be known that Shyama's work has not gone unappreciated or unwanted. I love what she's done for me and everyone else, and she's a lot better than anyone else here.
    I'm not asking this to sound rude - but I just wanted to know why you feel one person is better than anyone else in this thread? Is it because she has a better attitude towards requests and seems to do more for people that might ask for tougher requests, or just her work overall?

When I read things like this, I can't help but feel that I'm failing somewhere and like to know what I can improve.

(Small edit: When I say failing, I do not mean that I'm in fear of failing at being the "best" because I do not see my self as such nor do I try and out-do or 1up anyone around here. Sometimes I feel that there are times this thread has issues with that, though.)
    Last edited by Geekissexy; 2013-02-04 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    I'm not asking this to sound rude - but I just wanted to know why you feel one person is better than anyone else in this thread? Is it because she has a better attitude towards requests and seems to do more for people that might ask for tougher requests, or just her work overall?

When I read things like this, I can't help but feel that I'm failing somewhere and like to know what I can improve.

(Small edit: When I say failing, I do not mean that I'm in fear of failing at being the "best" because I do not see my self as such nor do I try and out-do or 1up anyone around here. Sometimes I feel that there are times this thread has issues with that, though.)
    It's not where you failed. It's where someone succeeded in my mind. It's their work appealing to me best.

Quote Originally Posted by NhcNipzlip View Post
    Oh my god! that is amazing!
    You're very welcome. Wasn't sure about the idea so it's good to hear that you're pleased. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Aryiana View Post
    Ely, absolutely fantastic wallpapers!
    Thank youu.