Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Though the ms was ours...

If I remember right, the only caster which have had ms (except of a short testing period with shaman) has been Priest race racial skills before wotlk. Trolls had hex of weakness which reduced healing recieved by 20%. When I read we got it back I was happy ^^ finally it is coming back. But only when we mindblast (every 5.5 sec which works)

But then I read, mages is getting it... and its on their chill effects, so all they need to do is to spam frost bolt and have it on?? seriously, all they need to do is to press the frost bolt button without cd and they get it on? Why do mage get the thing we had first, though blizzard wasnt in to homogenizing (dont think ive spelled it right) classes. And yet they are giving mage the same buff... And even better, like us, we need to wait for mb cd to get off, and maybe some have dispelled our ms. But mages? spam frost bolt and its on, no cd, its just there. Correct me if im wrong.

But why are they doing this? why? oh no, the migthy shadow priest gets a buff, mana regen buff btw with disperison so frost needed that aswell with lowered mana cost on all skills. We cant be buffed, withouth having mages get buffed, what the f is that all about? They are good allready ffs

Re: Though the ms was ours...

Bah, I was soo hapy when I red that spriests will hav Ms effect but mages also? Lol'd so hard.

Im wondering when Blizz will finaly realize that spriest is not an another caster dps - their mechanics ar sooo different that giving similar spell to more classes than spriest cant be good idea

not to mention without cd they will have easier time keep it up, and without cd means they can cast a frost bolt at another target and that have MS too, we cant

we didn't ask for it and are just as surprised as you are.
    mages want blink fixed and ice block off the global. nothing more, nothing less.

did you ever think about the buff to resilience?
    healers will be very difficult to counter and it seems like blizzard is trying to fix that by spreading the MS effect.

keep in mind that "PTR" does not equal "live".
    there is no need to complain about this matter unless it's live.

/buffing int

FFS F*** THIS F***THIS!!! Tested it on PTR, and the ms is magic so it will be dispelled since we have 5.5 sec cd on mind blast -.-
    And mages? Dispell all the friggin buffs one frost bolt gives! and they cast a new one to keep ms up THATS FRIGGIN RETARDED. F*** THIS im tired of us just getting half good buffs compared to allready buffed classes which gets better buffs of the same type as us

MS and Counterspell....interesting

Don't get me wrong, I don't think mages need the MS buff... but a spriest should have 3 dots up on the target which also puts up misery and this MS effect... add in 30% dispel protection and the fact that VT will hurt a lot more if they choose to dispel and you'd have to argue that spriests have better protection on their MS than mages.

Mages do some protection on their MS but it won't be as good as spriest protection... so I think the QQ in relation to the MS being dispelled is unwarranted.

Mages on the other hand already have repeatable control, snares, immunity effects, shields, evocation heals & kiting ability. I don't see how they need the MS effect... it probably should go to locks who are the other under represented caster class (assuming they feel this new caster MS effect needs to be shared around).

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think mages need the MS buff... but a spriest should have 3 dots up on the target which also puts up misery and this MS effect... add in 30% dispel protection and the fact that VT will hurt a lot more if they choose to dispel and you'd have to argue that spriests have better protection on their MS than mages.

Mages do some protection on their MS but it won't be as good as spriest protection... so I think the QQ in relation to the MS being dispelled is unwarranted.
    While the change to VT is nice, I don't think the damage is enough to put people off of dispelling a 20% healing debuff.

Sounds like win/win to me... they hit themselves for instant damage and then I reapply VT and i'm almost ready to recast MS... so their GCD is helping me kill them.

Not to mention their GCD might have failed due to 30% dispel resistance or they might have dispelled my SW:P instead and then use a 2nd GCD to get the MS. Well using a 2nd GCD to get my MS means they didn't use a healing spell... seems like my 20% MS actually caused a 100% reduction in healing for this example.

Quote Originally Posted by Unizo
    While the change to VT is nice, I don't think the damage is enough to put people off of dispelling a 20% healing debuff.
    it will scale with SP.
    Pengwn - 80 Shadow Priest (Main)
    Poosock - 80 Enhancement Shaman (Alt)
    Amundra - 80 Prot Pally (Alt)
    Sleepcreep - 80 Mutilate Rogue (Alt)
    Andrwjackson - 80 Blood Death Knight (Retired)
    Tyss - 80 Doomchicken (Retired)
    Pengwnmastr - 72 Prot Warrior (Retired)
    Uñknown - 71 Arcane Mage (Retired)

Mages on the other hand already have repeatable control, snares, immunity effects, shields, evocation heals & kiting ability. I don't see how they need the MS effect... it probably should go to locks who are the other under represented caster class (assuming they feel this new caster MS effect needs to be shared around).
    SW:P - Magic
    VT - Magic
    VE - Magic
    MS - Magic

Misery - no classification
    DP - disease

VT, even with doubled amount of instant damage (and if it crits) still doesn't make it good.

I like the whole idea of MS being dispellable which would force dispelers to try to remove it. However, there should be a larger penalty on dispeling of VT, such as stun, silence or something along the lines of pally's Vindication. Instant damage in range of 3-6k isn't that much seeing that we can't do much damage if we get focused.

15+ Year Old Account

Sounds like win/win to me... they hit themselves for instant damage and then I reapply VT and i'm almost ready to recast MS... so their GCD is helping me kill them.

Not to mention their GCD might have failed due to 30% dispel resistance or they might have dispelled my SW:P instead and then use a 2nd GCD to get the MS. Well using a 2nd GCD to get my MS means they didn't use a healing spell... seems like my 20% MS actually caused a 100% reduction in healing for this example.
    When exactly are you casting all those 1,5 second spells while their rogue/warrior/dk is still beating the crap out of you?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

oh sorry I didnt read it at first and notice it... Yes this is too perfect...
    We (as in shadow priests); 5.5 sec cd on a 10 sec MS effect (which are magic). And to get it we must specc 5/5 in something we didnt specc for pvp before and then 5 talent points less.

Mages; Permafrost is something they specc, and if they dont its a 3/3 talent, but they specc it have seen it. And it works on all chill effects. If im right that means frostbolt, mirrorimage damage, cone of cold, aoe, melee hit frost shield etc etc. We only get mind blast, they get on all spells? hoe fair is that, how friggin fair is that?

Deleted

Perhaps in in the Argent Colisseum, there will be a lot of adds that heal the boss, thus they are adding more ms like effects? ???

Either way it's a welcome change for shadowpriests to pvp and the new 0.2sec reduction to frostbolt is quite good for their pve aswell.

Just my opinion.

just think of it, we must specc 5/5 and use 5 talent points on something we usually dont specc. Mages need to use 3/3 <--- lower, in something they allready specc, so they dont loose any talent points, we loose 5, FAIR

God, did any of you actually competitively play in arena???

Seriously, mages don't have an opportunity to frostbolt very much. Yes it happens, just really not often. It's more of ice lances/sheeps/frost novaes/deep freezes you should be QQing.

Plus, magic effects are dispellable.

Although I do agree that's a lot of effects on one spell, if I can get a frostbolt off then it's really powerful. Just doesn't happen that much in 2k + ratings :P

having ms effect on priests and mages now makes warriors even more unnattractive for arena's lol. Altho u could look at it in a positive/ op way would be priest,mage,rogue... I think overall the ms effect should be deleted from every character and have some other type of ability. Its like giving warrior arms and fury a stun effect when they do bloodthirst and mortal strike u imagine how op that would be? i dont mind this ''buff'' but they could have been more original with givin priests and mages changes.

This fix is retarded.

This would be a lot better:

Upon entering Arena's, you gain the following aura:

Aura of the Gladiator - Decreases all healing received by 30%, decreases all damage done by 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Perhaps in in the Argent Colisseum, there will be a lot of adds that heal the boss, thus they are adding more ms like effects? ???
    That actually makes sense, I hadn't thought about it that way

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Stop complaining! You get a MS effect that's on a 5.5 second cooldown by spending 5 talent points.

We get it by spending 3 talent points.

Sure we have an advantage because we already take Permafrost as frost mages, but you have Shadow Form which greatly reduces all damage you take. With the changes to resillience it's even more outstanding. Also, most of your damage comes from dots, hence you do not suffer as much as a Mage when you are getting chained by a melee. Dots continue to do damage even when you are not casting/stunned/silenced. Frostbolt/Ice Lance doesnt.

And as many have already said, it's still on the PTR, a lot can change.