Blessed hands in a Holy/Prot build

Currently I run the standard 52/0/17 Holy/Ret build for the extra 8% crit you get from the ret tree, however due to upcoming changes im looking more at the Prot Holy build for improved SS and DS, also I dont think a loss of 8% crit will be that detrimental to my HPS anymore and may just alleviate some overhealing (my efficiency may suffer a little but even less in 3.2 with illumination gutted). However I dont see many builds taking blessed hands, does anyone have any experience with it?

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

the extra 10% on HoSac seems like it makes for another very strong cooldown to add to our healer arsenal.

Raid taking a lot of magic damage > Bubble and DS
    Tank taking a big damage spike > HoP and HoSac

Using HoP in this way means you cant use it on an overaggroing DPS anymore like I currently use it for, but hey they should know better anyway :P

Re: Blessed hands in a Holy/Prot build

I would probably go with the Holy/prot spec, since next patch FoL gives a HoT to shielded targets. And you should be shielding your tanks anyway, since the absorb is really huge. Not sure if they also changed Sac Shield to work on multiple targets (this is off my head).

Blessed Hands is probably situational. or a must get if your tanks suck at threat and your dps is wicked sick (too bad it's single target).

HoSac is single target, you would get Blessed hands to improve Hand of Sacrifice from 30% to 40% reduction on teh single target you cast it on, not for the improved Salv

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawn
    HoSac is single target, you would get Blessed hands to improve Hand of Sacrifice from 30% to 40% reduction on teh single target you cast it on, not for the improved Salv
    Ah yes, using this on the Tank + Divine Sac + Bubble would be nice if the Sacs are stacking.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84
    I would probably go with the Holy/prot spec, since next patch FoL gives a HoT to shielded targets. And you should be shielding your tanks anyway, since the absorb is really huge. Not sure if they also changed Sac Shield to work on multiple targets (this is off my head).

Blessed Hands is probably situational. or a must get if your tanks suck at threat and your dps is wicked sick (too bad it's single target).
    I though Hand of Sacrifice damage pierces through Hand of Protection?

Ah yes, using this on the Tank + Divine Sac + Bubble would be nice if the Sacs are stacking.
    They don't.

Hodir Hard Mode, Blessed Hands is pretty much a godsend.
    Then again we don't have any DK tanks >:|
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Problem is that with your build and going into a 10 men (or an unlucky setup into 25 men) the dps will miss 3% crit for Heart of the crusader. Also not the improved might anymore and your Holy shock, Beacon of Light and Sacred shield will be 10% more mana. With upcomming nerf to our mana and our way to get mana back its I think asking for trouble in longer fights.
    Edit: also crits Will give mana back by our talent Illumination. Overall in the start of next expansion I would be warring with mana and this build.

Holy/Prot is better then Ret even though of its efficiency sucks. Its because mainly Divine Sac can save alot of damage (250k)
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I though Hand of Sacrifice damage pierces through Hand of Protection?
    Depends.

Hand of Sacr+Hand of Prot+ tank takes melee hit, no damage. Hand of Prot stops physical damage.
    Hand of Sacr+Hand of Prot+tank takes spell hit, 30% of the hit goes to you because its spell, not physical. Keep that tank beaconed and HS yourself and you can laugh off that first hit, and HL yourself if you need to on the third to heal you and tank.