Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Moonkin model change idea.

I have been playing as druid for quite a long time, and i can say that for me moonkin was only here for the sake of making fun of ther dance and their weight.

I know many people might flame me for this, but what made blizzard pick this as our caster shapeshift?

In my opinion, new colourings (and a slight model changes, the bear closes its mouth now and the cat's ears are moving less) is not what moonkings need when their time comes for the new form to show up as blizzard has mentioned.

Let's change moonkin form to this:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Keeper_of_the_Grove
    And dryad for the females.

Maybe add some buffs along with it, since balance needs some help in PVP. Even critters can beat balance as it is.

What does the community think?
    Do you prefer our current lazor chicken, or does a keeper look more appealing?
    Try keeping this civilised as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Moonkin model change idea.

I was about to say "What do keepers of the Grove and Dryads have to do with the Balance tree?" Then I thought to myself "What do Moonkins have to do with the Balance tree?" I don't know, it wouldn't seem to fit in my opinion. I do agree they need a form update, but maybe not a model change.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

In w3, keepers of the grove could cast roots, trees and thorns(at least in an aura).
    They connect perfectly. Lazorchickens on the other hand... Don't.
    I have never seen a caster moonkin as an NPC, apart from one or two casting moonfire, and after lvl 20, i never met a moonkin again.

It's just an old forgotten idea. I don't know what blizzard was thinking, but they should realy change it.
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

moonkinz live in water dident u know? they will show up in next expensaion 8)

15+ Year Old Account

Well the evidence from WC3 sounds logical enough, and sounds familiar now that I think about it...Go post on the official forums maybe? Your unlikely to get a reply, but its worth a shot.

Obviously you aren't getting much useful feedback here.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

It's a moonkin, something COMPLETELY different from the cenaris.

got a better idea! Guardian form! u can dps spell and heal...but u use more nature magic than arcane! and u get new spells!and a pet! a treant or something!
    for horde we got peacekeeper... a horde -keeper of the grove....more like centaurs
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

15+ Year Old Account

I heer u liek moonkinz?
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    I have never seen a caster moonkin as an NPC, apart from one or two casting moonfire, and after lvl 20, i never met a moonkin again.
    Aberrant Owlbeast 8 - 10 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Berserk Owlbeast 58 - 59 Winterspring A H Humanoid
    Chieftain Oomooroo 11 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Contaminated Wildkin 15 - 16 Bloodmyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Crazed Owlbeast 56 - 57 Winterspring A H Humanoid
    Crazed Wildkin 9 - 10 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Crazed Wildkin Corpse Uncategorized
    Deranged Owlbeast 8 - 9 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Guardian of Elune 60 Winterspring A Humanoid
    Infected Wildkin 14 - 15 Bloodmyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Irradiated Wildkin 14 - 16 Bloodmyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Lunaclaw 12 Darkshore, The Barrens A H Humanoid
    Lunaclaw Spirit 13 Darkshore, The Barrens A H Humanoid
    Marauding Owlbeast 46 The Hinterlands A H Humanoid
    Moonkin 12 - 13 Darkshore A H Humanoid
    Moonkin Oracle 13 - 14 Darkshore A H Humanoid
    Moontouched Owlbeast 57 - 58 Winterspring A H Humanoid
    Mutated Owlkin 3 - 4 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Nestlewood Owlkin 3 - 4 Azuremyst Isle A Humanoid
    Primitive Owlbeast 44 - 45 The Hinterlands A H Humanoid
    Ragged Owlbeast 53 - 55 Winterspring A H Humanoid
    Raging Moonkin 12 - 14 Darkshore A H Humanoid
    Raging Owlbeast 54 - 56 Winterspring A H Humanoid
    Raving Owlbeast 9 - 10 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Razortalon 44
    Rare The Hinterlands A H Humanoid
    Savage Owlbeast 46 - 47 The Hinterlands A H Humanoid
    Vicious Owlbeast 41 - 43 The Hinterlands A H Humanoid
    Young Moonkin 11 - 12 Darkshore A H Humanoid

all the different moonkin.

I assume you havent done the "Wildkin of elune" quest line and/or no nothing of wow lore
    http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=4902

While Children of Cenarious and Dryads are quite powerful druids (dryads being more towards Restoration, keepers being more balance, hell Illidan and Malfurion were trained by Cenarius, an Ancient) owlkin are more on the stricter side of Balance as they are literally the "Pets of Elune" (Who is the moon goddess, incase you didnt know, thus the name, Moonkin) meaning they tend to be more towards what the balance tree is going for, where as Ancients (Dryads and Keepers) are just generally drastically OP Druids (not so much in the feral tree however).

Moonkin makes perfect sense according to lore, the reason you don't encounter many NPC X-Kin casting balance spells is because they are typically tainted or enraged, and as such have lost their "balence" and instead focus on beating crap up with their fists (thus the newish talent, Owlkin Frenzy and how it used to only apply to Physical Damage.).

Hope this helps.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by FourofaKind
    Aberrant Owlbeast 8 - 10 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Berserk Owlbeast 58 - 59 Winterspring A H Humanoid
    Chieftain Oomooroo 11 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Contaminated Wildkin 15 - 16 Bloodmyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Crazed Owlbeast 56 - 57 Winterspring A H Humanoid
    Crazed Wildkin 9 - 10 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Crazed Wildkin Corpse Uncategorized
    Deranged Owlbeast 8 - 9 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Guardian of Elune 60 Winterspring A Humanoid
    Infected Wildkin 14 - 15 Bloodmyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Irradiated Wildkin 14 - 16 Bloodmyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Lunaclaw 12 Darkshore, The Barrens A H Humanoid
    Lunaclaw Spirit 13 Darkshore, The Barrens A H Humanoid
    Marauding Owlbeast 46 The Hinterlands A H Humanoid
    Moonkin 12 - 13 Darkshore A H Humanoid
    Moonkin Oracle 13 - 14 Darkshore A H Humanoid
    Moontouched Owlbeast 57 - 58 Winterspring A H Humanoid
    Mutated Owlkin 3 - 4 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Nestlewood Owlkin 3 - 4 Azuremyst Isle A Humanoid
    Primitive Owlbeast 44 - 45 The Hinterlands A H Humanoid
    Ragged Owlbeast 53 - 55 Winterspring A H Humanoid
    Raging Moonkin 12 - 14 Darkshore A H Humanoid
    Raging Owlbeast 54 - 56 Winterspring A H Humanoid
    Raving Owlbeast 9 - 10 Azuremyst Isle A H Humanoid
    Razortalon 44
    Rare The Hinterlands A H Humanoid
    Savage Owlbeast 46 - 47 The Hinterlands A H Humanoid
    Vicious Owlbeast 41 - 43 The Hinterlands A H Humanoid
    Young Moonkin 11 - 12 Darkshore A H Humanoid

all the different moonkin.

I assume you havent done the "Wildkin of elune" quest line and/or no nothing of wow lore
    http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=4902

While Children of Cenarious and Dryads are quite powerful druids (dryads being more towards Restoration, keepers being more balance, hell Illidan and Malfurion were trained by Cenarius, an Ancient) owlkin are more on the stricter side of Balance as they are literally the "Pets of Elune" (Who is the moon goddess, incase you didnt know, thus the name, Moonkin) meaning they tend to be more towards what the balance tree is going for, where as Ancients (Dryads and Keepers) are just generally drastically OP Druids (not so much in the feral tree however).

Moonkin makes perfect sense according to lore, the reason you don't encounter many NPC X-Kin casting balance spells is because they are typically tainted or enraged, and as such have lost their "balence" and instead focus on beating crap up with their fists (thus the newish talent, Owlkin Frenzy and how it used to only apply to Physical Damage.).

Hope this helps.
    Ok, you almost owned me there, and i bow to your search-copy-paste abilities.

Still, you can't argue with the fact that moonkins are simply what they are: lazor chickens, and keepers way, way cooler than moonkins. After all, why should i be a pet, and not a dominant caster like a mage, or even better - to compare hybrids to hybrids - like a shaman?
    Shamans always used to be leaders and so did Keepers(in whatever society they have)

In W3, druids of the talon would cast spells(balance) mainly spells that concern wind, but their idea was reduced at first to nothing and then to flight form.
    Druids of the claw would then be bears - completely following the lore and able to cast
    minor heals - rejuvenation in particular.

Then the core balance druid would be the keeper. It's obvious that moonkins had never a good relation with magic, but blizzard just bent the lore and added a quest to ensure the justification.

In vanilia, people would pick druids just to be keepers instantly, since W3 had a huge affection on wow fans.
    It's been almost 5 years now, people know the races, it's not gonna be ground breaking.

I have been playing as druid for quite a long time, and i can say that for me moonkin was only here for the sake of making fun of ther dance and their weight.

I know many people might flame me for this, but what made blizzard pick this as our caster shapeshift?

In my opinion, new colourings (and a slight model changes, the bear closes its mouth now and the cat's ears are moving less) is not what moonkings need when their time comes for the new form to show up as blizzard has mentioned.

Let's change moonkin form to this:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Keeper_of_the_Grove
    And dryad for the females.

Maybe add some buffs along with it, since balance needs some help in PVP. Even critters can beat balance as it is.

What does the community think?
    Do you prefer our current lazor chicken, or does a keeper look more appealing?
    Try keeping this civilised as always.
    No.
    "The Internet, where the men are men, the women are also men, and the children are FBI agents."

Still, you can't argue with the fact that moonkins are simply what they are: lazor chickens, and keepers way, way cooler than moonkins. After all, why should i be a pet, and not a dominant caster like a mage, or even better - to compare hybrids to hybrids - like a shaman?
    Shamans always used to be leaders and so did Keepers(in whatever society they have)
    Being the pet of a god is a bit more significant then say, a random tree, cat or bear. Keepers are for the most part ancients/demigods, that is why they should not be the balence form, it's bad enough we are dramatically overpowered, if they gave us the sprites* (continued in later point) of demigods/etc the amount of complaints from other classes would be overwhelming.

In W3, druids of the talon would cast spells(balance) mainly spells that concern wind, but their idea was reduced at first to nothing and then to flight form.
    Druids of the claw would then be bears - completely following the lore and able to cast
    minor heals - rejuvenation in particular.
    If thats the case, then should we have raven form instead? Moonkin at least lets us resemble humanoid form in some sense, similar to treeform(thus why they cast).

Then the core balance druid would be the keeper. It's obvious that moonkins had never a good relation with magic, but blizzard just bent the lore and added a quest to ensure the justification.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Wildkin
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Elune

moonkin not having a relationship with magic makes zero sense. They are a race of druidic beings that were created out of magic by the moon goddess to act as her pets/gaurdians of sacred grounds. Keepers however are moreso the offspring of, the offspring of, the offspring of a god (more magical) and an ancient (who, before becoming Elunes lover, is speculated to have minimal magical potential).

In vanilia, people would pick druids just to be keepers instantly, since W3 had a huge affection on wow fans.
    It's been almost 5 years now, people know the races, it's not gonna be ground breaking.
    Continued from previous...

You said it yourself, "W3 Had a huge affection(?) on wow fans." Not all those players are druids, and to give druids this major part of warcraft lore, would be aestetically unbalanced to the other classes... I know that sounds dumb, but it actually makes sense when you think about it.
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

your quoting skills are amazing fourofakind

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken
    your quoting skills are amazing fourofakind
    Thank you gud sir, I've lurked many a BB before.

i always thought moonkin fit i just think it needs a new sleek design maybe not big fat chickens anymore somthing like thinner moonkins cuz u are a druid version of it druid cats/bears look nothing like bears and cats out ion the world but the moonkin graphic is almost cut and paste the same for everyone.
    maybe look like a cross between a person and a moonkin like ur still ur race but u got like feathers up and down ur arms and legs and some unique druid like armor
    World of Warcraft has just as much right and responsibility to create new lore just as the old Warcraft games and books did.

Fucking deal with it.

I would be happy with some skin changes, like the white and blue moonkin in Azuremyst.

What would be cool is for an option for moonkin to change treants into one of those huge forest protectors with the lanterns from the shoulders if we spec into it deep enough.

I boom ... therefore I am.

now how the hell could you make a lore background to turn yourself into a half night elf half goat caster
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

No,Just No.

Keepers of the Grove are a different race,and as is stated in the wiki article theres no idea why Malfurion was tagged under that class in Warcraft3.Be happy with your Moonkin form.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

All druid forms are terrible because they in no way reflect your character. Shadowform priests still get to see their sweet gear whereas I have to shift out between pulls to admire the ninja-druid my 7.5 makes me.

I hate my forms.

WTB forms that reflect gear.

okay here u go, why not be the favored creature of the one true god of azeroth.