Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mage got it, why not sPriest?

Frost mages got their spells lowered by some X amount of mana, cant really see why, because if im going against a frostmage as a sPirest i will go oom, not the mage...

the mana cost for the dots is freakin rediculous! Lower the mana cost for our spells too, i dont wanna start farming mooncloth gear!

Re: Mage got it, why not sPriest?

2 min dispersion should help with that i think.....

actually 1.25 (1 min 15 sec) dispersion with glyph, and thats the only good buff Ive seen of "these" buffs shadow priest got. 20% ms is, well, its very low ms, but it is ms... Except that mages had to have it aswell just in a better way, ofc, mages needed that. And the little poke from VT have gone to a little PoM jump now, whoho....

See your point. Blizzard won't consider it though, because as they are fond of saying they have to balance around PvE and PvP at the same time. Lowering SP spell costs would make mana management in PvE even more trivial than it is now, while frost mages are pretty much non-existant in PvE so it's not an issue for them.

Hi! Did you know that there is a PvE element in WoW too? I KNOW!! Isn't it weird!
    EU forum is ignored.
    Game balance is not ok.
    Blue posters contradict themselves.
    Blizzards attitude towards us players sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefa
    2 min dispersion should help with that i think.....
    ....no offense but your comment goes directly to the problem with dispersion.

For PVE Its a 51 point, moving, 6 second silence, mana pot.

No, just No.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

Yeah, why shouldn't all classes get it? Tell you what, let's make all classes the same and see how much fun WoW will become, k?

If you mana burn the mage, he'll go oom before you do. >.>

They didn't change the glyph so you can have 1m15 dispersion if you want...
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

I hate Shadow Priests who complain about mana issues.

You have your Replenishment.

You have your 3 Minute Shadow Fiend

You have your 3 Minute Dispersion (Soon to be 2 minute)

You have your hymn.

Not to mention any pots you bring along. If you find yourself with absolutely NO mana during any fight, you should leave the instance, and figure out what you're doing wrong.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

If your spriest is going oom he must be doing something wrong.

Yes, I have a spriest and never go oom unless I pop out of form to heal.

Deleted

They also nerfed the set bonus of +40% mana from gem to +25%

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    I hate Shadow Priests who complain about mana issues......

You have your hymn.
    With 18613 mana, if i cast Hymn dropping SF and channeling for 8 seconds..
    IF you are one of the 3 selected with the lowest mana
    You would gain 2232 mana from the hymn.
    You recast SF at a cost of 1161 mana
    a net GAIN of 1071 mana .....+ what ever mana you gained while replenishment ticks & spirit regen

1071 ...Seriously, Your kidding right

Breaks your rotations, Lost MB cooldowns, and unless you time it right you have the possibility of your dots falling off and or dropping weaving

This is a O $%&* button pretty much. Depending on it to fill you up when you would be one of the 3 lowest mana users in the pool is dicey at best.

Ive used it when others needed mana, General V for healers at the end of hardmode, XT hardmode when things go very badly, but not ever relied on it for solely my own issues.

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

If I was getting anything from a mage, I think I would prefer Blink instead of 1% mana cost reduction to some spells.

This really does not matter much, they will be slightly more mana efficent now. If we got this, it would solve absolutely nothing for PVP.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by haxorbaxor
    Mage got it, why not sPriest?
    Cause sPriests are not mages.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I want one for my warlock too.
    And some healing spells would be nice too.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Plirarlapar
    Cause sPriests are not mages.
    but if spriest are'nt mages, why does mage get spriest talent?

This is what happens when you introduce a PvP element to a game originally design primarily for PvE. I guarantee you if Blizzard created an almost exclusively PvP oriented game from conception, it would be much easier to balance then the mess they have gotten themselves into now.

Also, their inflexibility to treat PvP instances (ie- BGs/Arenas) as environments that need exclusive rules for proper balancing, has limited their options.

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    See your point. Blizzard won't consider it though, because as they are fond of saying they have to balance around PvE and PvP at the same time. Lowering SP spell costs would make mana management in PvE even more trivial than it is now, while frost mages are pretty much non-existant in PvE so it's not an issue for them.
    I completely agree with you, however, isn't the generally accepted mage spec for hardmode general frost? Wouldn't that indicate that frost is already the most mana effecient spec for mages? If that is the case then why do mages need yet another PvP buff, out of all the casters mages are already doing quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I completely agree with you, however, isn't the generally accepted mage spec for hardmode general frost? Wouldn't that indicate that frost is already the most mana effecient spec for mages? If that is the case then why do mages need yet another PvP buff, out of all the casters mages are already doing quite well.
    while it might be the best for general hard its not necesarily the most mana efficient one, since fire and arcane heavily rely on mana regen, fire needs master of elements (and empowered fireball thingy in future patch) and arcane needs evocation.
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory