Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Have you ever had a day.....

I once had that.. and was so disappointed specially that it was in Naxx.. then when we reached Sapphiron, I noticed that I had Tanking Chest and Pants equipped do the stupid itemrack rip off (by Blizzard) xD

But things got fixed at then.

Nevertheless, you may get extremely unlucky and get a streak of lame non-crits that turns your dps down..

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Hmm, what a strange problem.

Used some drugs that night? It would explain the problem. When i raid drunk i ussualy cast BoP on tanks instead of Sacred shield... When i raid high iam kinda fascinated by the whole impressive concept of mmorpg, instead of healing propertly.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I had something opposite to me, where one raid i was considerably higher in the dps charts. (Arms warrior here) I'm on average 4.5k dps or so, more or less, and one raid i was topping out with 5.3k dps. Its just RNG i suppose, most of the times you love it, but sometimes you're just not so lucky :-\
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

Was your raid setup different than usual? Lack of WF or Sunders or something possibly?

It's called random number generation for a reason, because it is random. It may seem unlikely that you can get a whole bad night of low numbers, but anything is possible when it is a roll of the dice. You could have the system low roll you for a month if you caught nonstop bad rng's, or you could have a night where every single hit seems like a crit. Suck it up and move on, bad days are just a part of the game.

Finally had someone run a WWS for last night's raid. Looking at my main page, you'll see how brutally low all of my crit numbers were.

Normally, unbuffed, i have about 32.6% crit chance. Raid buffed... a whole lot close to 42% without counting talents increasing crit for specific spells

With 3/3 Fanaticism, my judgments should be critting ~57%, Divine Storm should be critting ~52%, Crusader Strike should be ~52%. My Seal of Blood attacks are barely critting at all.

Again, I am/was wearing my full PvE ret gear, none of this gear was broken, and I was using Seal of Blood. The WWS report does not lie.

Adeleigh Ulduar 25 07/15

This makes two weeks, two raid nights each week, where my dps and critical hits were WAY below expected. Again, RNG is not to blame for 12 raiding hours of below average dps. These numbers are so bad that I should expect to lose my raid spot soon. 4K in Ulduar 25?? Fuck me.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Two consecutive weeks of subpar DPS. WWS link

You have over 300 hit rating, yet your WWS clearly shows from 3% to 5% miss on most abilities.
    Broken gear. Whether it may be bugged or not (not allowing repair), I could not say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

WWS does not differentiate between dodge, parry, and miss. I can't state it enough. My gear was near 100% durability because I repair at every opportunity.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    WWS does not differentiate between dodge, parry, and miss. I can't state it enough. My gear was near 100% durability because I repair at every opportunity.
    Even if that was the case, it still doesn't explain why a 1.5% dodge chance would translate into a 5% avoided attacks. RNG may be bad, but I hardly think it can impact your attacks enough to triple your "miss" chance.
    I reiterate, it's broken gear that somehow you can't manage to repair, or else it's a problem with switching. Try undressing all your gear and resetting your spec, then fix the talents and re-equip your items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Even if that was the case, it still doesn't explain why a 1.5% dodge chance would translate into a 5% avoided attacks. RNG may be bad, but I hardly think it can impact your attacks enough to triple your "miss" chance.
    I reiterate, it's broken gear that somehow you can't manage to repair, or else it's a problem with switching. Try undressing all your gear and resetting your spec, then fix the talents and re-equip your items.
    this is not the problem. look at wws for each boss separatly. then you can see it actually pretty corect.

on trashmobs is the most unclarified misses. probably it are the faceless mobs before vezax which he kept hitting. since its DS and SoB that missed much, it seems clear to me. when the spawn comes and faceless mob is immune, DS keeps hitting the mob. this gives you misses in WWS

i'm holy main spec, but i go ret on a lot of hard mode dps race fights and have a good ret set.

on xt hardmode i did 5.5k.

i was on the training dummy testing seal damage and self buffed, for 3min fight, i did 3.7kdps on the dumby.

next day i go in with some lower geared guys for 10 voa to help a buddy out, and i couldn't top 2.7 with 10 man raid buffs. I know u have dps off time in the fight as melee, and sure we might not have had correct buffs for melee (no enhance and so on) but it seemed odd to me as well.

I just don't get Retri DPS. Sometimes you do superbly well, sometimes average, sometimes you drops off a load, sometimes you do shed loads of damage but DPS is lower than other toons. Sometimes you're just partied out, miss a few gcd's and down it goes.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

I found strange thing on both y chars warrio/paladin. both got dual spec ret/prot arms/prot.

For example when im in prot spec gear and i use item rack for ret/arms then i use dual spec change my dps seem quite low sometimes but then as dps specced i use item rack for protection than again for dps my dps is back to normal.
    It happened to me few times and i found that pattern working for me. It seems that when you change your gear and then use dual spec it sometimes looses atributes tho it shows everything perfectly on character info page.

I would advice to cahnge gear after using dual spec but its just how i noticed to work for me.

Last week I was doing dailies on my shaman and the next day I started and I could not hit anything, I was swinging like I had a 9 second weapon or something and everything went nuts.
    I really believe that buzzards servers are getting to be overloaded crap.
    There were people betting they would have to reboot them again...this was a wed night.
    I said but they just did maintance last night, and its worse than before they did it.
    I quit out and said F it.
    The next day(after 2 reboots I was told) the problem was gone.

PS I really believe that you swap out some gear and the server doesn't catch it and calcs with something else.

Maybe your latency was really high that night or something. If you use a custom UI and don't cast spells, sometimes you won't notice when you're lagging more than usual, especially in a fight with shit flying all over the screen.

Obviously, that doesn't explain the drop in crit, but it's something to consider.

First, sort your parse by All Bosses - you don't care about trash.

Second, look at the Miss column for your abilities: this is the % of attacks you missed. This does not include dodge or parry. this is not RNG, this is you not being miss-capped.

Third, click on individual abilities you are more curious about. For example, click on Swing, and you see that you had 1.2% parry and 1.2% dodge. This is not RNG, this is you not being expertise-capped.

I cannot explain why you were disproportionately low on some nights, but I can tell you that you shouldn't be seeing miss, parry, or dodge on a boss. From Armory, you look miss-capped but not expertise-capped, but I am not a paladin (Fury warrior).

Never really happens to me. My DPS is about the same, give or take 250-400 DPS due to latency/rng. And of course, buffs on fights like Hodir.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    You have over 300 hit rating, yet your WWS clearly shows from 3% to 5% miss on most abilities.
    Broken gear. Whether it may be bugged or not (not allowing repair), I could not say.
    Just to clarify, I picked up [Earthshaper] during this raid. Prior to adding this weapon, my hit rating was 264 (or 8.05%) and my expertise was 16. That's a 2.5% dodge/parry chance. I wish this mattered but it does not account for critting 20-25% less than displayed. I'll have to try the unequip/respec/equip thing because I do use the Item Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Just to clarify, I picked up [Earthshaper] during this raid. Prior to adding this weapon, my hit rating was 264 (or 8.05%) and my expertise was 16. That's a 2.5% dodge/parry chance. I wish this mattered but it does not account for critting 20-25% less than displayed. I'll have to try the unequip/respec/equip thing because I do use the Item Manager.
    I've only had this problem once, it was the exact same problem, I was 399 maces when I switched it seems.
    2k Swings later on a fast respawn 82E in Icecrown fixed it pretty much.

Are you maxed? that last point is very important it'd seem like it kills half your crit.

I would need to see a normal, on-par WWS to compare to your subpar WWS. I don't think your crit rate is actually an issue.