Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Two consecutive weeks of subpar DPS. WWS link

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    After the attempt, I checked Recount and found that my I was not critting anywhere near what I should be. During the fight, I have a 45% chance to crit on white, 55% on CS/DS(4pc T8), and about 55% chance to crit on Judgement.

Others in the raid confirmed my numbers that I was critting about half as often as I should be. DS critting 30%, DS critting 28%, White critting 31%, and Judgement critting at 40%.
    This
    http://wowwebstats.com/d2vgdd62midvk...529d4&s=bosses
    shows your actual crit rating for all bosses on this raid night.

You said Swing/Physical should be 45% crit
    WWS shows Swing/Physical at 44% crit

You said CS/DS should be 55% crit
    WWS shows 46% crit on CS, 50% crit on DS
    (I wonder if it increases your critical strike rating by 10% multiplictive, not additive. By that I mean 45% crit x 1.10 = 49.5%, not 55%. Even so, for a small sample (one night), the crit rate is close.)

You said Judgment should be 55% crit
    WWS is showing 26%, doubled to 52%.

Why doubled?
    Your judgment is critting 52% of the time, despite displaying 26%. This is because WWS records 2 hits against Judgment of Blood: the hit or crit against the NPC, and the hit against you. Because Judgment of Blood cannot crit the paladin himself, this causes the crit rate to be reported at half what it should be.

I don't see any issues with crit rate according to the numbers you provided as normal and what WWS is showing.

Does the same apply for Seal of Blood since there is recoil involved there too?? This is the first time I hadn't heard about the way WWS records Judgement recoil and how it affects the crit rate. SoB is only displaying a 19% crit rate.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dædric
    I've only had this problem once, it was the exact same problem, I was 399 maces when I switched it seems.
    2k Swings later on a fast respawn 82E in Icecrown fixed it pretty much.

Are you maxed? that last point is very important it'd seem like it kills half your crit.
    All of these parses were taken while using [Armageddon] which I had been using since about February. My 2H Sword skills have long been capped. Prior to that, I was using [Titansteel Destroyer]. So my 2H maces were capped as well.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Not wanna play the devil's advocate here but how is it even possible to do 2.8k at Thorim (assuming you're in arena, which you should be). Keeping only consecrate up should do that when you tank all the trash in the middle circle. On my recount consecrate is about 30-40% of my damage, seal of blood is second, divine storm third and my dps is between 6-8k depending on the amount of AoE'ers in arena. My guess is that your timing is just waaay off (divine storming before the small guys are around you, disregarding consecrate etc) since your crit/miss % look fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fektoer
    Keeping only consecrate up should do that when you tank all the trash in the middle circle.
    Consecrate was used once at the start, and once at 2m 30s.

i.e.
    0m 8s to 0m 28s - Consecrate up (around 20 seconds total)
    0m 28ss to 2m 38s - not up
    2m 38s to 2m 46s, when Thorim appears - Consecrate up (around 8 seconds total)

That's like 16% uptime. (28s divided by 166s)

rng is an acceptable excuse over a minute duration, over the course of a fight it's no longer rng. A good player is consistent regardless. The problem is something you're doing please don't use words like rng and bug, you're watering them down.

Its all RNG man. One night I pull 8k on XT the other night I pull 10k. It all depends on rng.

You're pretty much chasing a ghost in form of rng/lag/different rotation whatever. There is no such thing as "1 day, my dps is fine, the other day its alot worse by doing exactly the same thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Delever
    Its all RNG man. One night I pull 8k on XT the other night I pull 10k. It all depends on rng.
    RNG is Random Number Generation. That's like playing a boardgame and saying, "Crap, we haven't rolled an eight for like 24 turns!" This is not like hitting the OP saying 2 weeks of subpar DPS. The WWS parse shows 2,243 hits for the WWS night he posted. If you assume 2 or 3 raid nights a week for 2 weeks, that's like 12,000 hits.

I do not think the Random Number Generation was that bad over the course of 12,000 hits. There is a different cause, namely gameplay. (See, for example, 16% Consecration uptime in Thorim's arena room), where he should have used it 21 times but instead used it 4.

...where, for absolutely no distinguishable reason, your DPS was so low that it just pissed you off all night long?

Prior to last night's raid, I was online doing dailies and noticed that my attacks were hitting for a lot less than normal. I mentioned it in guild chat and people asked me to make sure I was using max ranks and that my gear was right. I utilize the Item Manager and haven't upgraded my gear in a while, and as all pallys know, Divine Storm and Crusader Strike only have one rank.

Hoping it was just a bug, I hung out until raid time just hoping that I was hallucinating. Raid time came. I had all of the usual delicious buffs including LotP (this is important to know). We were doing FL+4 for the second or third time and I was in a chopper this week. When I get in my chopper at the beginning of the instance, I recall having over 800k hp on my chopper but I could have misread it. Every attempt afterward only gave me 781k. We killed FL+4 and moved on the XT-002 and we were gonna go for the hard mode on this guy.

On our first attempt on XT(hard) we killed the heart and were doing pretty well as a raid. I was doing piss poor. I was popping AW on cd, got Bloodlust for the heart, and also used Speed pots on it but my DPS was just a hair over 4000. After the attempt, I checked Recount and found that my I was not critting anywhere near what I should be. During the fight, I have a 45% chance to crit on white, 55% on CS/DS(4pc T8), and about 55% chance to crit on Judgement.

Others in the raid confirmed my numbers that I was critting about half as often as I should be. DS critting 30%, DS critting 28%, White critting 31%, and Judgement critting at 40%.

Had this only been one attempt, big deal. This continued for the entire 3 hour raid. I could not break 4k DPS when I normally do well over 5-5.5k. I was so pissed about this that I wan't to log off but we didn't have anyone else online that could dish the 4k I was putting out.

I WAS BELOW THE SHADOW PRIEST!! That usually only happens on gimmick fights like General, but it happened on every boss last night and I just wanted to cry.

Comments like TLR are expected but I'd like to know if anyone else has ever had a full raid night like this.

EDIT: Added WWS link.

Adeleigh Ulduar 25 07/15
    Please link your armory.

Keep in mind that Ret is one of the lowest DPS in the game when it comes to sustained singe target boss DPS. It should not be a surprise to you, and developers say they hope changes in 3.2 will fix that a bit, it looks that way right now but I do not expect large dps jumps in 3.2.

Also consider your gear compared to gear of your guild, if your guild is gearing up faster on average then you are then your dps will decline overtime because performance of other dps classes in your raids do more damage. This often happens if you keep you main weapon same and upgrade other peaces, it slows your dps more than anything else.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    You have over 300 hit rating, yet your WWS clearly shows from 3% to 5% miss on most abilities.
    Broken gear. Whether it may be bugged or not (not allowing repair), I could not say.
    People need to learn to read recount and WWS and distinguish the differences. On WWS a miss is a miss, dodge, parry. Side note: WWS has always recorded incorrect crit numbers from as far back as I can remember. Pretty sure back in Naxx it would only show about half of the proper judgement crit %. I would check a second source before saying your crit is broken.

Next, recount and WWS don't work the same way. Recount begins calculating your DPS number from the time you enter combat until the time you exit combat. Best example - Thaddius. Recount will count your dps for both the first two adds and thaddius and that entire amount of damage is averaged over the lenght of time the fight lasts. WWS does not count the adds. That is why recount may show the top DPS as 8k on Thaddius while WWS will show 12k.

To the OP - Post a WWS of your "regular" performances for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Marathon
    RNG is Random Number Generation. That's like playing a boardgame and saying, "Crap, we haven't rolled an eight for like 24 turns!" This is not like hitting the OP saying 2 weeks of subpar DPS. The WWS parse shows 2,243 hits for the WWS night he posted. If you assume 2 or 3 raid nights a week for 2 weeks, that's like 12,000 hits.

I do not think the Random Number Generation was that bad over the course of 12,000 hits. There is a different cause, namely gameplay. (See, for example, 16% Consecration uptime in Thorim's arena room), where he should have used it 21 times but instead used it 4.
    The consecration uptime is Thorim's arena is explainable. Those mobs die very fast and I spend the majority of my time DPS'ing the Evokers. These mobs put up a shield on themselves that absorbs judgments and therefore negates any mana regen from JotW. Having done this fight many times, I choose not to consecrate on CD so that I know I have enough mana going into the actual boss fight. We have enough warriors and dk's that do insane aoe. Mine is not going to kill the raid. Not keeping up with the Evoker spawns will definitely cause issues though.

I kinda thought we were focusing on boss dps, not trash which is what the thorim arena is.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    People need to learn to read recount and WWS and distinguish the differences. On WWS a miss is a miss, dodge, parry. Side note: WWS has always recorded incorrect crit numbers from as far back as I can remember. Pretty sure back in Naxx it would only show about half of the proper judgement crit %. I would check a second source before saying your crit is broken.

Next, recount and WWS don't work the same way. Recount begins calculating your DPS number from the time you enter combat until the time you exit combat. Best example - Thaddius. Recount will count your dps for both the first two adds and thaddius and that entire amount of damage is averaged over the lenght of time the fight lasts. WWS does not count the adds. That is why recount may show the top DPS as 8k on Thaddius while WWS will show 12k.

To the OP - Post a WWS of your "regular" performances for comparison.
    We normally use Worldoflogs. I will see if I can find a link from before these past two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alinor
    Please link your armory.

Keep in mind that Ret is one of the lowest DPS in the game when it comes to sustained singe target boss DPS. It should not be a surprise to you, and developers say they hope changes in 3.2 will fix that a bit, it looks that way right now but I do not expect large dps jumps in 3.2.

Also consider your gear compared to gear of your guild, if your guild is gearing up faster on average then you are then your dps will decline overtime because performance of other dps classes in your raids do more damage. This often happens if you keep you main weapon same and upgrade other peaces, it slows your dps more than anything else.
    My signature links directly to my wowarmory page. Prior to Wednesday night, I was using Armageddon.

Just sounds like a bad night for the RNG family.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedlimbs
    Just sounds like a bad night for the RNG family.
    Read the title. "Two weeks" I wouldn't bitch about 1 bad night.

Here is a WoL report from 23Jun09 (before my dps fall off the face of the earth).

Adeleigh WoL report

I don't have a parse from this week's or last week's XT kills, but I can tell you that I didn't hit 4100 DPS either week.

Here is a WoL report from 23Jun09 (before my dps fall off the face of the earth).

Adeleigh WoL report

I don't have a parse from this week's or last week's XT kills, but I can tell you that I didn't hit 4100 DPS either week.
    Ahem. 4100 DPS mate on XT while your hitting the heart?
    Are you sure everything is owk with your spec? maybe bugged or whatever :S. But 4100 DPS For your gear is not normal.... you don't strike me as one that hasen't got a clue, rather the other side. You strike me as smart person. I would definitly look into it some further mate but damn, its kinda hard for us to judge something we aren't experiencing.
    My damage on my DK RNG or no random , is always nearly the same during a full run. I might have some high peaks at Freya/Auriya/Kolgarn and Hodir. But thats just pure buffs/aoe luck. Sometimes ( had it happen alot on Kolgarn, that i was hitting the right arm with my "yellow" abilities just not with my white hits) I was in the exact same spot as all the other melee, just somehow i wasent facing correctly according to game mechanics :S. I truly doubt the fact that its RNG. RNG matters alot less with your pro gear . I think its a underlying problem that i can't seem to figure out...

You make a good point on Consecration, showing you had a different assignment. But your question wasn't whether you did your job, but your DPS.

I kinda thought we were focusing on boss dps, not trash which is what the thorim arena is.
    If a boss is linked to trash, and you don't get time to sit and drink, rez and rebuff, it's not trash -- it's part of the boss fight. Trust me, Yogg's Immortal Guardians and Razorscale and Thorim's Dark Rune gangs are not "trash." They're certainly part of a fight, and it counts towards your performance.

I can see your argument here. I guess that I would assume the position that if the trash is dying in a timely matter, I am not terribly worried about it. Especially on a fight like Thorim, which is a DPS race, I would prefer to have the resources necessary to put every last bit of dps into him and not his minions.

On fights like Yogg, I never truely DPS Yogg himself. I DPS the brain and in p3, I DPS the adds with Yogg to my back. My range to Yogg is such that my Divine Storm and Consecration are hitting him.

I guess its kinda like during TBC on Kil'Jaeden. I never popped CD's or went "balls out" on the adds that were present prior to him emerging from the portal. Are they part of the fight?? Certainly. Is it worth it to pop CD's and get insta-gibbed because the tank can't get enough burst threat on them?? Certainly not. This is the same perception I have with Thorim "trash".

Adeleigh WoL report

Just out of curiousity, did you do hard mode the last two weeks? Your hard mode XT DPS will be lower because of less heart phases/adds. Even if it was hard mode I don't see a reason you shouldn't be able to hit ~5K DPS or so on XT hard in your gear (yes I checked).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/M.../?s=687&e=1230

Above was this weeks parse for us on Hard mode XT, managed about 6150 DPS. On a reguar mode kill I can easily top 10K DPS with the adds+heart phases.

Tis really easy acctually, He picked up a new weapon, and didnt have weap skill maxed.
    Gives you a shitty low crit chanse.