Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Two consecutive weeks of subpar DPS. WWS link

Last week we were doing XT hard mode attempts. We actually killed him normal though because we didn't have enough DPS to make the enrage timer. That was the first fight of this downward spiral that is my DPS. My DPS sucked on hard mode and the regular kill. This week, we were missing a couple of DPS so we didn't even try it.

Also, your DPS looks nearly identical to mine in my WoL link prior to all of this. Subtract some from mine to compensate for the lack of Hearts and we're nearly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterec
    Tis really easy acctually, He picked up a new weapon, and didnt have weap skill maxed.
    Gives you a shitty low crit chanse.
    Please at least read the thread prior to posting.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Last week we were doing XT hard mode attempts. We actually killed him normal though because we didn't have enough DPS to make the enrage timer. That was the first fight of this downward spiral that is my DPS. My DPS sucked on hard mode and the regular kill. This week, we were missing a couple of DPS so we didn't even try it.

Also, your DPS looks nearly identical to mine in my WoL link prior to all of this. Subtract some from mine to compensate for the lack of Hearts and we're nearly the same.
    Please at least read the thread prior to posting.
    You're looking for an answer to a question that can't be answered, everything 'seems' fine.

Why don't you copy to the PTR and try DPS in Live/Test dummies to see if you're actually bugged or just suffering of Imhavingaterribleweek syndrome.

Try getting all your gear off, wiping cache/wtf/interface, then get it back or update addons, re-specing to see if talents are bugged, check how's your Recount set maybe it's wrong, reinstall, etc, be creative.
    That if you really want to fix it, which I would try if I found myself doing 4k on xt.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I WAS BELOW THE SHADOW PRIEST!!
    If iyou really fell that astonished with that you have really bad SPs in your guild.

I may be way of course here, but dosnt glancing blows eat up some crits?

Quote Originally Posted by Dødogpine
    I may be way of course here, but dosnt glancing blows eat up some crits?
    Probably not. Here's why:

24% of white hits will be glancing blows. Specials (yellow) cannot be glancing blows. Crits will be eaten if the combined chance of your attack being dodged, being blocked, being parried, missing, glancing, or critting exceeds 100%. This occurs when you totally suck (high miss, parry, dodge, block chance) or are totally awesome (extremely high critical strike rating), or both.

Example #1: You attack a boss from the front. The boss cannot block. You do not have any expertise rating or hit rating. Your critical strike rating is 5%.
    0% block + 8% miss + 16% parry + 6% dodge + 24% glancing + 5% crit = 59%. 59% is less than 100%, so glancing blows do not eat any of your white crits. (By the way, 41% of your white hits are regular hits.)

Example #2: Same as above, but you improve your critical strike rating to 55%.
    0% block + 8% miss + 16% parry + 6% dodge + 24% glancing + 55% crit = 109%. 109% is greater than 100%, so 9% of your critical strikes were lost as glancing blows. Your critical strikes were, as they say, pushed off the combat table. You could drop from 55% crit to 46% crit and not lose any white hit crits. (By the way, 0% of your white hits are regular hits, because after everything was missed, parried, dodged, glanced, or crit, nothing was left to be a regular hit.)

Keep in mind, however, that the 55% crit still benefits your specials, and that if you move behind the boss you eliminate parries, which means even on white hits you aren't losing crits.