Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gemming Int or Crit for Disc Priest

You can do 2 things as disc:
    1) spam heal the tank with FH/penance/PWS. In this case, most of your casts benefit from crit. (Also from haste, but that's slightly offtopic here)
    2) spam PW:S all around, save people who get low with PW:S+1 sec flash combos, preshield to soften the aoe blow.

In the second scenario your total healing done by PW:S will be 30-50% or even more, thus crit nets you NOTHING on these spellcasts.
    So I think gemming for crit as disc is quite stupid as scenario 1) is pretty rare at least in my guild. I'm usually on a mixed tank/raid heal duty, that is the best use for a disc priest anyway.
    Go for spellpower and int all the time. Even int is overrated, I did last a 10 minutes Freya+3 without running OOM. (I wasn't using a regen flask, but spellpower) I've got 22K mana and 347 mp5 I5SR unbuffed. There is really no need for more max mana than that I guess. Maybe on 25man hard Vezax, nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenbreeze
    Seeing as you guys seem to know what you're talking about.
    How does my gear and spec look to you?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mmer&n=Thrilir

Enchant your gloves, and maybe you should replace the 6 mp5 on feets to 18 spirit as it stacks with talents and BoK. (Or as you are engineer, you could maybe enchant the feets with nitro boosts. Passive crit+an ability to run fast and heal those who are far away, can come usefull tbh, and it's fun)

You should use these gems:

19 spellpower
    9 spellpower 8 int
    9 spellpower 8 spirit
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    Enchant your gloves, and maybe you should replace the 6 mp5 on feets to 18 spirit as it stacks with talents and BoK. (Or as you are engineer, you could maybe enchant the feets with nitro boosts. Passive crit+an ability to run fast and heal those who are far away, can come usefull tbh, and it's fun)

You should use these gems:

19 spellpower
    9 spellpower 8 int
    9 spellpower 8 spirit
    Uhm Spirit? Why? There is not much disc priests wants from spirit. What talents do you mean?

Disc priests get +6% spirit from "Enlightenment" but, however, thats not enough warrant to switch from 6mp5->18 spirit, even with kings and the talent it will give you less mp5 than the raw mp5. Not to mention its going to 8mp5 next patch.

The difference at the moment I believe isnt really that much, so it doesnt make that big of a difference.
    And the reason he says 9spellpower/8spirit gem is cause thats one of like 2(?) gems that have spellpower on them, and he's clearly going for stacking as much spellpower as possible.

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to make sure that people that browse this thread does not get the impression that spirit is very good for disco priests.

1) spam heal the tank with FH/penance/PWS. In this case, most of your casts benefit from crit. (Also from haste, but that's slightly offtopic here)
    If thats what you are doing I can see why you have no mana problems. But really imo that is a waste, let the paly do that. Yes you would need to heal the tank also but 2 healers constantly spamming the tank on most fights is worthless. When I tank heal with our paladin I keep the crap on the tank and help to top him off, but you are way more useful shielding the raid or helping raid heal than spamming the tank while he is topped off just in case a hit comes in which is going to be completely healed by the paladins heal in most cases anyway. Though if you actually do a 25man without a paladin on the MT, nevermind.

Of course also if you are doing easy encounters nothing matters anyway. A lot of the normal mode fights in 25 ulduar I could disc dps and no one would miss the heals.

Edit: And also on a lot of 10m fights the boss damage isnt nearly high enough to kill the tank in a global anyway so shield away.