Starting a priest.

Im starting a priest but cant decide what race to choose.

Factors: Will pve and pvp. Aiming for main spec shadow.
    : Alliance or Horde dosent matter. I play on either side.

Thx for the imput.

Re: Starting a priest.

First off give up on shadow it has so many problems that blizz seems to totally ignore any no matter what you do your most likely gonna be forced to heal if you wanna do it alot. Unless you have friends no one will want a shadow priest they'll be looking for disc and You can go Shadow for pve but I've never been in a raid with more then 1 spriest. As far as race goes its really up to you blood elfs have a nice 2 min mana pot via arcane torrent my priest gets about 1.2k mana back which isnt bad.

I'm leveling a Priest right now. Human. She was holy and off speced Shadow when I got Dual Spec for her. I basically use Shadow for solo combat, and I like it. Eh.

EDIT: My siggy :3 That's her XP Except with gear she doesn't have XD

Undead have a great racial ability, "Will of the Forsaken" to get out of fear.
    Quite useful in PvP and in some situations in PvE.

They also have extended underwater breathing which can come in handy.

Plus they look badass.

HORDE
    Blood Elves have Arcane Torrent which gives you 6% of your mana and silences everything within 10yds. Great for PvE Mana Regen and for PvP to silence people. Only a 2 minute cooldown too.

Blood Elves also have a higher chance to miss magical attacks cast at them which is useful in PvP as well.

ALLIANCE
    Humans have Diplomacy and 3% increased spirit. Also, their "Fall of Humanity" is useful for PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Noochie
    First off give up on shadow it has so many problems that blizz seems to totally ignore any no matter what you do your most likely gonna be forced to heal if you wanna do it alot. Unless you have friends no one will want a shadow priest they'll be looking for disc and You can go Shadow for pve but I've never been in a raid with more then 1 spriest. As far as race goes its really up to you blood elfs have a nice 2 min mana pot via arcane torrent my priest gets about 1.2k mana back which isnt bad.
    There is nothing wrong with shadow from a PvE perspective, it has some issues regarding PvP but you do have the option of playing Disc which is more than viable.

Your choice of race is somewhat redundant, there is nothing that really stands one race out from another. Personally I dislike this type of game design, I think the choosing of your race should be as much a tactical decision as the choice of your gear or spec. The old racial spells were something I really enjoyed about the priest class but fact is the game isn't designed that way and thats just the way it is.

So with that in mind it really doesn't matter what race you choose, you'll be able to do content just fine with any.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Personally I dislike this type of game design, I think the choosing of your race should be as much a tactical decision as the choice of your gear or spec. The old racial spells were something I really enjoyed about the priest class but fact is the game isn't designed that way and thats just the way it is.
    i agree, give us back our swirly ball and mini MS curse (can we keep DP pretty please?)

once u get SW its allllllll downhill from there...

If you want to Pve and PvP, for alliance human would be the best choice, for Pve only Draenei are the best, for horde, pvp would be undead, and pve blood elf.

And don't listen to what people say, shadow does competitive damage, and they can keep them selves alive though aoe damage longer.